All-Pro and Pro Bowl LT Tyron Smith is unlikely to return!

Adreme

Reaction score
He'll be in Washington......
Honestly I think the Jets make a call. Their T position is just a disaster so I think they sign Smith to play LT and draft probably the 2nd best OLine on the board to play RT and that probably gives them some stability on the OLine.

ICP

Reaction score
Very surprising here, I was thinking they would bring him back without a doubt. Maybe they plant to use the money for CeeDee or unfortunately for Parsons

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If it’s the Cowboys choice so be it, if he told them he wants to move on that’s not a good sign
No. It is likely Tyron's choice. He took a very long term deal in Dallas and ended up way underpaid. He was a chance at FA at 33 to get that last deal with some guaranteed money. He won't get top dollar but there are teams looking to spend and he's a beast if you can keep him healthy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The team conducted at least 11 formal interviews with draft available offensive line options including Georgia tackle Amarius Mims, Alabama tackle JC Latham, Arizona tackle Jordan Morgan, Duke tackle/guard/center Graham Barton, Illinois tackle Isaiah Adams, Oregon State tackle Taliese Fuaga, Washington tackle/guard Troy Fautanu, Oklahoma tackle Tyler Guyton, West Virginia center Zach Frazier and Texas tackle Christian Jones.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/offensive-line-comes-into-focus-at-combine-for-dallas

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dude was a beast when healthy......................go get your ring big fella, just like Ware.

Nobody comes to Dallas or stays in Dallas if they truly care about getting a ring................what a long way this franchise has fallen, just a sad and pathetic team at this point.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep.. if Dallas low-balled him after all this, the precedent is established that the FO is cheap and why would any player take a “discount” with them…
Realistically, can we afford to pay him because of the Dak situation. Even with a Dak extension, we don't have the CAP to pay Tyron what he'd get in fa. We'd need to give him a 2 year min contract with massive second year guarantee......all because Dak's getting his $60m per.
Everyone else is looking out for themselves....Tyron go do the same.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If his market commands 16+ million a year despite his injury concerns I understand why he won't be back. One of those scenarios you hope to keep him in the 8-11 million range on a short term deal, but understand its business.
The tag for OL is $29+ million.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So the pain we feel when he's out with an injury will now be experienced every game. Whether you think he's too much of an injury risk or too expensive, he's absence will be felt.

If the plan was to rebuild or retool and pseudo punt on 2024, then that makes sense to move on. If we're going to insist on resigning Dak, then Dak should be taking a pay cut to afford Tyron.
Dak will bleed this team dry .

He wants more mega $$$$$.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read this wrong. I thought he was all about finishing his career with the team that drafted him.

He must not care about Super Bowls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

If its the end of his time here, it's been a pleasure watching him, and it's a shame that he has to leave. He's a HOFer fur sure. However, it probably is time, especially with his injuries of late. Hopefully he can go to a team like KC to get a ring, and hopefully the Joneses have a plan to replace him. My guess is it'll be Tyler, but we'll need to draft a guard if that's the case. Or draft a tackle.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys talked to Tyron's agent and couldn't agree on the money, so he's got to go. Now the Cowboys will have to fill that void with a more team-friendly investment which is more likely through the draft rather than free agency.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He could just retire or is planning to do so.
That's not been his stated intention. But who knows, once he considers moving and being on a different team he may end up changing his mind. It's a big decision to uproot your family and move like that.