All-Pro and Pro Bowl LT Tyron Smith is unlikely to return!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Because you need a deep class for an OT to drop to 24. They usually go earlier but it’s a good year to get a quality LT later in round 1 and the Cowboys needed a succession plan for Tyron for a while now. Everything seems to align this year. Tyron is not under contract and a deep draft class.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Thanks for the memory big fella but it’s time to inject this line with some fresher blood

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I can see it from the business decision standpoint but the huge question will be are you going to use the money saved by not signing him to actually go out and improve the team ? For example will that money saved be used to sign 2 mid level linebackers ?
IMO, the situation is worse than that. They are going to have to let all these guys go, cut Gallup post June 1, restructure Dak, etc. just to have enough cap room to sign the draft class and go dumpster diving in free agency to fill out the roster.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
one of our all timers...just don't go to a NFC East team and I'm good

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If his market commands 16+ million a year despite his injury concerns I understand why he won't be back. One of those scenarios you hope to keep him in the 8-11 million range on a short term deal, but understand its business.

StarLord

Reaction score
So the pain we feel when he's out with an injury will now be experienced every game. Whether you think he's too much of an injury risk or too expensive, he's absence will be felt.

If the plan was to rebuild or retool and pseudo punt on 2024, then that makes sense to move on. If we're going to insist on resigning Dak, then Dak should be taking a pay cut to afford Tyron.