All-Pro and Pro Bowl LT Tyron Smith is unlikely to return!

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Jets or Chiefs better chance of Superbowl plus more money. AFC is also relatively weak at tackle so pretty much a guarantee to make pro bowl as well.
Folks are freaking out because both sides are making business decisions. Tyron is going to get a sizeable deal. He’s right to take it. We are also right to want to move on.

75boyz

Reaction score
I deserve all the jinx hate I've got coming if it were to happen, but I'll text it here any way...

The one thing this dysfunctional team DOES KNOW how to do is scout and develop first round olinemen.

The results speak for themselves.

So if it's a LT at #24 and keeping Tyler at G, then I'm okay with it.

BUT if they kick Tyler out to LT and go a different direction at #24 I'm okay with that too and that's my preferred choice. Since Tyler has already shown LT ability. It's why he was originally drafted and LTs are harder to find than guards.

jmo

Last edited:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’d rather use Tyron’s projected money on a player in the front 7 of the defense.

Tyler is the better player at this point.
I will be pissed though if this team doesn’t upgrade Center.

Tussinman

Reaction score
From my perspective, I just don't get the prevailing feeling I get on this board regarding the cap. Dallas just doesn't have much money to play with and lots of holes to fill. They need linebackers, DT's, running backs, etc. They really can only free up so much room. As a result, a lot of difficult decisions need to be made
I can see it from the business decision standpoint but the huge question will be are you going to use the money saved by not signing him to actually go out and improve the team ? For example will that money saved be used to sign 2 mid level linebackers ?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I deserve all the jinx hate I've got coming if it were to happen, but I'll text it here any way...

The one thing this dysfunctional team DOES KNOW how to do is scout and develop first round olinemen.

The results speak for themselves.

So if it's a LT at #24 and keeping Tyler at G, then I'm okay with it.

BUT if they kick Tyler out to LT and go a different direction at #24 I'm okay with that too.

jmo
It’s probably going to be option 2.Tyler moves back to LT. I still think JPJ or Barton are options at C. Bass or Richards could be looked at the LG spot.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I can see it from the business decision standpoint but the huge question will be are you going to use the money saved by not signing him to actually go out and improve the team ? For example will that money saved be used to sign 2 mid level linebackers ?
Not saving $$$.

We do not have the cap. 29-30 mill just to tag him.