All time QB rating top 10 list

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak only has 5 years of data, his percentage will go down with the years. Dak will never reach Mahomes numbers.
He already has the same numbers what are you talking about. Do you only thing he doesn’t have is a ring that Mahomes doesn’t deserve. The team deserved it

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He already has the same numbers what are you talking about. Do you only thing he doesn’t have is a ring that Mahomes doesn’t deserve. The team deserved it
Again, I like you as a poster and I respect your opinions.

But why do you say things like this? It is simply not true.

Mahomes has only played for 3 years and already has more TD passes then Dak. He has an MVP, a Super Bowl win, and another trip to the Super Bowl.

I know you hate Mahomes, but you can't just make things up lol

terra

Reaction score
Meh, you're definitely triggered. One can't criticize Romo because Terra is going to throw a hiss fit.

Breathe...breathe...it's going to be ok. Dak will make sure of that. ;)
I was laughing so hard at your pathetic stance I almost fell off my chair.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mahomes has only played for 3 years and already has more TD passes then Dak. He has an MVP, a Super Bowl win, and another trip to the Super Bowl.

It’s simply is true. Almost identical statistics. And that was the keyword statistics. Yes Kansas City has a ring. Not just Mahomes the whole team

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Rank Player Rate Years Tm
1 Patrick Mahomes 108.7 2017-2020 kan
2 Deshaun Watson 104.5 2017-2020 htx
3 Aaron Rodgers 103.9 2005-2020 gnb
4 Russell Wilson 101.7 2012-2020 sea
5 Drew Brees 98.7 2001-2020 2TM
6 Kirk Cousins 97.9 2012-2020 2TM
7 Tom Brady 97.3 2000-2020 2TM
Dak Prescott 97.3 2016-2020 dal
9 Tony Romo 97.1 2004-2016 dal
10 Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s simply is true. Almost identical statistics. And that was the keyword statistics. Yes Kansas City has a ring. Not just Mahomes the whole team
Okay, you say that have almost identical stats, right? Do you realize Dak has played 23 more games then Mahomes?

You let your dislike for Mahomes cloud your judgment, bud.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’ll bet you one more month posting. That they don’t make it to the Super Bowl. not even make it to the AFC championship game
I think we might we discussing two different things

You seem to discussing how far the Chiefs will go in the players, which I’ve not said anything about.

I was discussing Career QB ratings. So average over career. Mahomes’ lead is so big right now, he'd have have to falloff a cliff in QB rating to drop him to 2nd in just one year.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Rank Player Rate Years Tm
1 Patrick Mahomes 108.7 2017-2020 kan
2 Deshaun Watson 104.5 2017-2020 htx
3 Aaron Rodgers 103.9 2005-2020 gnb
4 Russell Wilson 101.7 2012-2020 sea
5 Drew Brees 98.7 2001-2020 2TM
6 Kirk Cousins 97.9 2012-2020 2TM
7 Tom Brady 97.3 2000-2020 2TM
Dak Prescott 97.3 2016-2020 dal
9 Tony Romo 97.1 2004-2016 dal
10 Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
Mahomes is just too good.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll jump into the pile that says this is a pretty worthless comparison as the league has changed significantly to more passing focused.

Sydla

Reaction score

How does he have the same numbers as Mahomes? Mahomes has more TDs in less years, 16 less interceptions, a significantly higher career passer rating, much higher yards per attempt. They only comparable is both complete around 66% of their passes.

This isn't meant to say Dak isn't good. But he simply doesn't compare (no one really does in today's NFL) to Mahomes at this point.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I think Mahomes benefits greatly from two factors. The first is obvious and that is Andy Reid. Reid is a better head coach and has a better feel for playcalling in the passing game than anyone Dak has played for thus far. As long as Reid is there Mahomes will remain at near his current level. The second factor is Reid's offense.. It's a modified WCO which allows the QB to make a lot of quick easy throws which also inflates their passing statistics. Now Mahomes' special abilities enables him to turn some of those called quick passes into huge plays so it's really a marriage made in heaven. I'm not here to say Dak would be doing similar things working with Reid but I defy anyone to disagree that Dak's passing numbers would be significantly better in that same situation. It's no slight to Dak to declare Mahomes is the better passer.. but I always come back to where they started. Mahomes came into the league already ahead of Dak as a passer owing to the system he played in in college. Mahomes came into the league at the equivalent of a sophomore in college level.. Dak came in as about a 8th grade junior high level passer. Fast forward four years and Mahomes is at first year grad student level but not Dak has closed the gap and is now at about a junior in college level. Dak is still ascending.. I don't know how much better Mahomes can get.. but frankly I'm excited to watch both.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How does he have the same numbers as Mahomes? Mahomes has more TDs in less years, 16 less interceptions, a significantly higher career passer rating, much higher yards per attempt. They only comparable is both complete around 66% of their passes.

This isn't meant to say Dak isn't good. But he simply doesn't compare (no one really does in today's NFL) to Mahomes at this point.
Dak has played 23 more games than Mahomes and his argument is Dak is better because they have similar numbers (Which they don't as you pointed out, but that besides the point), that alone should tell you that Dak is not even close to Mahomes in anything lol

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I was just wondering if you go to another team's forum, do their fans have crushes on their quarterback and defend everything about them. Hum, just wondering. This is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. "groupies"

Sydla

Reaction score
I think Mahomes benefits greatly from two factors. The first is obvious and that is Andy Reid. Reid is a better head coach and has a better feel for playcalling in the passing game than anyone Dak has played for thus far. As long as Reid is there Mahomes will remain at near his current level. The second factor is Reid's offense.. It's a modified WCO which allows the QB to make a lot of quick easy throws which also inflates their passing statistics. Now Mahomes' special abilities enables him to turn some of those called quick passes into huge plays so it's really a marriage made in heaven. I'm not here to say Dak would be doing similar things working with Reid but I defy anyone to disagree that Dak's passing numbers would be significantly better in that same situation. It's no slight to Dak to declare Mahomes is the better passer.. but I always come back to where they started. Mahomes came into the league already ahead of Dak as a passer owing to the system he played in in college. Mahomes came into the league at the equivalent of a sophomore in college level.. Dak came in as about a 8th grade junior high level passer. Fast forward four years and Mahomes is at first year grad student level but not Dak has closed the gap and is now at about a junior in college level. Dak is still ascending.. I don't know how much better Mahomes can get.. but frankly I'm excited to watch both.

The skill set is clearly different. Dak doesn't have the arm or frankly the mobility/quickness that Mahomes has. So sure, while I suspect he'd be a bit better if he had Reid, there is a ceiling on Dak. That's not meant to slightly Dak as at the end of the day, there are few guys that have the talent of Mahomes. If I were to try to find anyone who might have his skill set, I would say Herbert but he has a long way to go to match Mahomes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

If Mahomes doesn't get any better and stays exactly at the level where he is at now and Dak does get better. It's still never going to be close between them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was just wondering if you go to another team's forum, do their fans have crushes on their quarterback and defend everything about them. Hum, just wondering. This is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. "groupies"

Oh for sure it happens. Prior to his collapse last year, the Eagles board, for example, were crushing hard on Wentz. Sure, you had his detractors, but there were many, many that thought he was on a track to be the next Rodgers and that any mistakes he made were due to not having WRs or a poor OL, etc.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The skill set is clearly different. Dak doesn't have the arm or frankly the mobility/quickness that Mahomes has. So sure, while I suspect he'd be a bit better if he had Reid, there is a ceiling on Dak. That's not meant to slightly Dak as at the end of the day, there are few guys that have the talent of Mahomes. If I were to try to find anyone who might have his skill set, I would say Herbert but he has a long way to go to match Mahomes.
Mahomes was blessed with crazy talent. Reid helps, but Mahomes has always been like this and he would've been like that on any team.