All time QB rating top 10 list

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Mahomes was blessed with crazy talent. Reid helps, but Mahomes has always been like this and he would've been like that on any team.

I will have to respectfully disagree here. I think the Super Bowl showed conclusively that if you put Mahomes on a team with a suspect running game and crappy tackles he can be made to look pretty ordinary. But we didn't need to see that in Super Bowl .. anyone who has watched football for more than 10 minutes knows that no QB can succeed against a good defense without good line play and at least the hint of a running game. What's that old saying? "The QB has not been born who can win games flat on his back." Or something to that effect.

Sydla

Reaction score
I will have to respectfully disagree here. I think the Super Bowl showed conclusively that if you put Mahomes on a team with a suspect running game and crappy tackles he can be made to look pretty ordinary. But we didn't need to see that in Super Bowl .. anyone who has watched football for more than 10 minutes knows that no QB can succeed against a good defense without good line play and at least the hint of a running game. What's that old saying? "The QB has not been born who can win games flat on his back." Or something to that effect.

One game doesn't prove much.

Some of you are trying too hard to diminish Mahomes to make Dak look better. There is no comparison. And that's just fine. There aren't many QBs, past, present or future, that will be as good as Mahomes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
One game doesn't prove much.

Some of you are trying too hard to diminish Mahomes to make Dak look better. There is no comparison. And that's just fine. There aren't many QBs, past, present or future, that will be as good as Mahomes.
They do the same type of things with career Cowboys like Romo and winners like Aikman. Whoever they can try and diminish a little to prop Dak up a little they'll do it.

The poster you are replying to is not who I am referring to, because I've not seen him do it, but everyday it seems you can find a few "fans" trying to make Romo or Aikman look bad to give Dak a little unearned praised.

Dak has become the most coddled player I have ever seen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They do the same type of things with career Cowboys like Romo and winners like Aikman. Whoever they can try and diminish a little to prop Dak up a little they'll do it.

The poster you are replying to is not who I am referring to, because I've not seen him do it, but everyday it seems you can find a few "fans" trying to make Romo or Aikman look bad to give Dak a little unearned praised.

We had the same issues during the Romo era. These Dak Homers are much like the Romo Homers. And the Trolls are much the same as well. The answer always resides more in the middle.

But this is a Cowboys fan forum so we’d expect there to be much over the top defending our QB. Individual players don’t have their own fan forum so this is a place for them to come.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Coddled is IMHO a good adjective to use but I guess that is pretty much what you have to do in the NFL today if you have a top 12 type QB cause their are not enough to go around.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

On the old official Dallas Cowboys.com forum it was so bad for Romo they had to start his own forum. We haven’t reached the same level with Dak yet. He’ll need to choke and throw some game ending or season ending interceptions.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We had the same issues during the Romo era. These Dak Homers are much like the Romo Homers. And the Trolls are much the same as well. The answer always resides more in the middle.

But this is a Cowboys fan forum so we’d expect there to be much over the top defending our QB. Individual players don’t have their own fan forum so this is a place for them to come.
They need to start a Dak fan page. There's clearly some here that are bigger Dak fans then they are Cowboy fans.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Coddled is IMHO a good adjective to use but I guess that is pretty much what you have to do in the NFL today if you have a top 12 type QB cause their are not enough to go around.
I respect that you used top 12 (I have Dak 11th) instead of the delusional top 5 or 6 that you see around here so much.

Respect.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They need to start a Dak fan page. There's clearly some here that are bigger Dak fans then they are Cowboy fans.
And that’s fine. Even before the Fantasy era popular players often attract fans to certain teams. And Dak is the kind of personality that’s going to attract those type of fans.

There’s room for all types of fans.

Dak is the kind of player and personality that captures the imagination of fans. He did from the onset his Rookie year.

It always amazes me that fans would expect more objectivity than not on a Cowboys fan forum when it comes to their favorite players.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Mahomes doesn't get any better and stays exactly at the level where he is at now and Dak does get better. It's still never going to be close between them.

This statement doesn't really make any sense. You have apparently made up your mind that Dak can't do this or that. That's a stance that makes no sense to me. No Dak is probably never going to consistently put up crazy passing numbers.. But the dude topped 450 yards in three straight games and was looking good to top 300 in the game he got hurt. I think he was like 500 yards ahead of Mahomes at that point. Dak is not going to throw for as many TDs as Mahomes because we call plays differently when we get into scoring position. Andy Reid is better at that than anybody who has coached Dak by a country mile. But who is to say that if he plays 16 games in 2020 Dak doesn't sling 35 TDs and 5500 yards while rushing for 8-10 TDs? Are we still dug in on the "it's never going to be close?" I don't know why this fan base continues to want to sell this kid short and declare what he can and can't do. Especially given that he has already covered so many faces with egg with his performance thus far. Then again, I may have already answered my own question right there haven't I?

Sydla

Reaction score
This statement doesn't really make any sense. You have apparently made up your mind that Dak can't do this or that. That's a stance that makes no sense to me. No Dak is probably never going to consistently put up crazy passing numbers.. But the dude topped 450 yards in three straight games and was looking good to top 300 in the game he got hurt. I think he was like 500 yards ahead of Mahomes at that point. Dak is not going to throw for as many TDs as Mahomes because we call plays differently when we get into scoring position. Andy Reid is better at that than anybody who has coached Dak by a country mile. But who is to say that if he plays 16 games in 2020 Dak doesn't sling 35 TDs and 5500 yards while rushing for 8-10 TDs? Are we still dug in on the "it's never going to be close?" I don't know why this fan base continues to want to sell this kid short and declare what he can and can't do. Especially given that he has already covered so many faces with egg with his performance thus far. Then again, I may have already answered my own question right there haven't I?

Mahomes is the best QB in football. Dak will likely never get to that level. You can still win with Dak but he's just likely never going to be as good as Mahomes is.

Why admitting this bothers some fans is beyond me. It's not about selling Dak short, it's just admitting reality. I mean are we selling Troy Aikman short if we say he wasn't as good as Montana or Tom Brady? Of course not. It's just the reality of the situation.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Mahomes is the best QB in football. Dak will likely never get to that level. You can still win with Dak but he's just likely never going to be as good as Mahomes is.

Why admitting this bothers some fans is beyond me. It's not about selling Dak short, it's just admitting reality. I mean are we selling Troy Aikman short if we say he wasn't as good as Montana or Tom Brady? Of course not. It's just the reality of the situation.

The issue I take is with stating a likelihood as a though it is an undeniable fact. Yes Mahomes is better than Dak.. yes Mahomes may ALWAYS be better than Dak.. however Dak is closer to Mahomes now than he was two and three years ago.. How did that happen? Simple.. Dak got better. Mahomes didn't get worse.. Dak elevated HIS game and the possibility exists that he can continue to do so. Why admitting this bothers some fans is beyond me.

I agree you can still win with Dak which is why I don't really concern myself with these stupid rankings. He's already good enough to win it all without improving another inch. And 25 guys who are not as good as Mahomes (or Dak ) have already won Super Bowls.. the guy who just won the last one was not as good as Mahomes.. In fact the only QB in the last two decades to win a Super Bowl whom I would consider to be as good as Mahomes was Rodgers. The rest were just guys whose team got hot at the right time or they got hot at the right time themselves. So it seems to me people are focused on the wrong damn thing anyway..