CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Took this on Saturday.

IMG-1749.jpg
Man we must have barely missed each other on Saturday

black-sand-beach-17.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nah ... keep it the doom & Gloom Zone .... It is not fun to look at any positives. Let's all be miserable.
That is according to 85%.
I'm for turning over every rock. I'd prefer that we didn't have to do that, but you truly never know what you'll find.

Aubrey was the best kicker in the league last year. Turpin was a top return man his first year. We've done pretty well with our UFL pickups.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Good signing on several fronts. At worst he is a camp body. Maybe he bumps someone out because of special teams play and sticks on the roster. We’re not exactly LB rich at the moment so there is a chance for him.
I felt like we were OK overall, if we're counting Parsons as a linebacker. If so, it's Parsons, Hendricks, Overshown, Clark and Liufua for sure on the roster. I though Damien Wilson might take that last spot, but I certainly don't mind the old guy having some young competition.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He’s no “find” he already flunked out in the NFL. When you’re not active and free agency, this is what you have to resort to
Well, players can improve. He's really only had three years in the league because his rookie year was derailed by an injury after the first month of the season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, players can improve. He's really only had three years in the league because his rookie year was derailed by an injury after the first month of the season.
I’m not about to hold my breath with him. You have to admit it’s not really encouraging when a player ends up in a scrub league after only three NFL seasons.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’m not about to hold my breath with him.
It wouldn't surprise me for him to take that sixth linebacker spot. (His competition is Damien Wilson, Buddy Johnson, Jason Johnson, Brock Morgenson and Byron Vaughns.)

It wouldn't surprise me for him to not make the team. (He's barely been on an active NFL roster.)

It would surprise me for him to become more than a backup/special teams player. So I see no reason for anyone to hold their breath.

Based on what we've got, though, I don't really see a reason to pan the signing, either. It's not like we have six great linebacker and there's no way he could make the roster or like it's not possible for one of the players we're counting on to get hurt.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me for him to take that sixth linebacker spot. (His competition is Damien Wilson, Buddy Johnson, Jason Johnson, Brock Morgenson and Byron Vaughns.)

It wouldn't surprise me for him to not make the team. (He's barely been on an active NFL roster.)

It would surprise me for him to become more than a backup/special teams player. So I see no reason for anyone to hold their breath.

Based on what we've got, though, I don't really see a reason to pan the signing, either. It's not like we have six great linebacker and there's no way he could make the roster or like it's not possible for one of the players we're counting on to get hurt.
We’re looking for cheap players who can provide some competition in camp. That’s the boat we’re in right now with these huge contracts looming. We’re going to be going with some unproven players this season and we better hope they step up or the season could go sideways.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You haven't heard of the salary cap? You're smarter than that
Do other teams have a salary cap?

Because they seem to manage just fine.

Thier approach to free agency is unlike any other team in the NFL. So far, it's not a winning approach.

CWR

Reaction score

Look at Turpin and Aubrey. Dare I say we might actually do a decent job scouting UFL...

Hopefully he's just a late bloomer.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do other teams have a salary cap?

Because they seem to manage just fine.

Thier approach to free agency is unlike any other team in the NFL. So far, it's not a winning approach.
We've won 12 games in three consecutive seasons. You can't do that with scrubs. Yes, they backed themselves into a corner by continually restructuring Dak, most teams have been in that spot. That's why Tyreke Hill is in Miami and not in KC.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We've won 12 games in three consecutive seasons. You can't do that with scrubs. Yes, they backed themselves into a corner by continually restructuring Dak, most teams have been in that spot. That's why Tyreke Hill is in Miami and not in KC.
You tell'em Ranching ......... 3 heckin 12 win seasons! These Haters and Trolls do not understand that's just as good as playoff wins!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now if he needed tooo ....... Dak could win with a bunch of scrubs ........ but he does not like to show off. What guy ....... best QB in the league ........

GO COWBOYS!!!! And GOD BLESS JERRY JONES!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You tell'em Ranching ......... 3 heckin 12 win seasons! These Haters and Trolls do not understand that's just as good as playoff wins!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now if he needed tooo ....... Dak could win with a bunch of scrubs ........ but he does not like to show off. What guy ....... best QB in the league ........

GO COWBOYS!!!! And GOD BLESS JERRY JONES!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Even the ignorant around here have to admit that winning 12 games is not easy in the NFL. You included. Stop making a fool of yourself and go back to hating. It's your right to hate, just like it's my right to be a homer. Put the despicable me avatar back up,it suits you to a tee.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I just looked him up. From St. Augustine, FL which is a great town. Caught up in COVID crap. I am on board for taking a flyer.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even the ignorant around here have to admit that winning 12 games is not easy in the NFL. You included. Stop making a fool of yourself and go back to hating. It's your right to hate, just like it's my right to be a homer. Put the despicable me avatar back up,it suits you to a tee.
But you guys educated me and I got a clue?? I agree ....... winning 12 games 3 seasons in a row is like equal to the Superbowl. Do no listen to these trolls and haters that say stuff like "they get 6 easy games a year vs the NFC east" ....... people that say stuff like that are about to get slain by the <drum roll> TROLL SLAYER ................... and they are welcome!!!!!!