All-UFL LB Willie Harvey Jr. plans to sign with the Cowboys

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I felt like we were OK overall, if we're counting Parsons as a linebacker. If so, it's Parsons, Hendricks, Overshown, Clark and Liufua for sure on the roster. I though Damien Wilson might take that last spot, but I certainly don't mind the old guy having some young competition.
I wish Parsons would play Lb more. Might help him overall and keep him from getting wore down.

rambo2

Reaction score
Do other teams have a salary cap?

Because they seem to manage just fine.

Thier approach to free agency is unlike any other team in the NFL. So far, it's not a winning approach.
The only team that has won more games over the last 3 years is the Chiefs. That leaves 30 other teams.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The only team that has won more games over the last 3 years is the Chiefs. That leaves 30 other teams.
Can't use the Chiefs as a comparison and pretend like playoffs don't matter.

Again, if you are happy being a very good regular season team who can't win in the playoffs, I'm not sure anyone can help you.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We’re looking for cheap players who can provide some competition in camp. That’s the boat we’re in right now with these huge contracts looming. We’re going to be going with some unproven players this season and we better hope they step up or the season could go sideways.
Lots of questions marks, and I'm sure the answer to some of those questions will be a big, fat no.

rambo2

Reaction score
Can't use the Chiefs as a comparison and pretend like playoffs don't matter.

Again, if you are happy being a very good regular season team who can't win in the playoffs, I'm not sure anyone can help you.
They can win in the playoffs. 1 and 3 over the last 3 years and we get another chance this year. It could very well go their way this year. You certainly can compare them to the other 30 teams that have less wins than they do.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
might be a good signing, I don't care how many LB'ers we sign, if our interior DL is swiss cheese it isn't going to help the cause one bit!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
These are the kind of scrubs we get due to backing up the truck for Doe Eyes , Cd and Micah
Yep. Sucks. 3 players will take 70 - 75% of the salary cap. The rest of the team has to fight for the remaining 25 - 30%. That is no way to build or keep a playoff capable team.