All we have is hope

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You have no idea how Stephen would run the organization. For one, I think he’ll hire a GM or officially name McClay the GM. That’s a game changer.
I don't know yet, but I have an inclination given he learned from his father. will he hire a GM? probably. but not sure how that will change where the focus of the organization is.
its always about money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Be a Texan fan...no blaming there, smart guy.
I am a cowboys fan. been for longer than most here, even longer than some people's age. will always be one. a misreable one without much hope for any success over the next few years. but the misery is all mine.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know yet, but I have an inclination given he learned from his father. will he hire a GM? probably. but not sure how that will change where the focus of the organization is.
its always about money.
Yeah, only time will tell. Stephen was a 4 year letterman LB at Arkansas. I hope he doesn’t think like his father.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
And then we're going to have Stephen Jones, who by all accounts appears to be even worse than his father.

Stephen has been running this show the last few years, and we all see where his style of GMing gets you.

He is too cowardly to swing big in pursuit of a championship.

I've still got hope like you do Rock, but I can't help but think it is probably misplaced in this bum organization.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It’s only been 3 decades. What a bunch of bandwagon fans.
Following from the start with Murchison....you're the newby on fandom. Smart guy. No, complaining about people or organization reflects more upon you.

Even know who Meadowlark Lemon was, Ace.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And then we're going to have Stephen Jones, who by all accounts appears to be even worse than his father.

Stephen has been running this show the last few years, and we all see where his style of GMing gets you.

He is too cowardly to swing big in pursuit of a championship.

I've still got hope like you do Rock, but I can't help but think it is probably misplaced in this bum organization.
Developing strictly from the draft has been about a 10 year deal. That most likely will be examined depending on next season results or a current discussion. That aimed at solving fully positional weaknesses and not just hoping their performance needs fall to and solve current needs. Clock is clicking on time projections and viewable under an after-action-analysis.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I abandoned hope with this franchise a while ago. What I have is a few hours of escapism watching the games and eating and drinking with fellow friends and fans. But to invest any emotion in this cluster no way
One day, me lad, we shall have QB leadership on the field. A leader who is consistent and accurate.
And despite Jerald, will excel.
Then you can come back into the fold and again fully invest in this team.
It could happen.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
Sadly this is true. All it is hope. Catch lighting in a bottle once. That’s it.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't need Hope. They need front office aggression....How aggressive was Jimmy with the Hershel Walker trade. I'd say extremely aggressive.