All who watch this Super Bowl will destroy what football should be

nathanlt

Reaction score
Then stop watching the NFL. You seem to think it is rigged. I know if I thought it was rigged I would not waste my time knowing the games were fixed. it was a bad call, I don't think anyone questions that but I think your trying to make this out to be more than it is

You're right, and I'm about to. And yet, no one is going to care about me doing that. I'm just trying to get people to use the narrow window of Super Bowl Sunday to send the message Goodell needs to hear.

I have really enjoyed being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and their history. The NFL no longer cares about the future of the sport, and football as defined in the rules, is no longer played. Phootball reigns now, and I'm done.

I wish others cared about the integrity of the game. I don't expect them to care about me whatsoever.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Imagine yourself taking your family to the beach, and as you start walking through the crowd, you see a broken bottle in several pieces is sticking up out of the sand.

Are you the kind of person who would clean up the glass yourself, in order to improve the beach? Or would you just shrug your shoulders and say... "Ah, that's just the way things are, there's nothing I can do about it. Sometimes, glass bottles are broken at the beach, deal with it."

I'm the kind of person who would stop what I'm doing and remove the broken bottle, and make the beach better for everyone.

Cleaning the beach has less than zero to do with you continuing to whine about that non-call. Your whining will do less than zero to change anything in the NFL. All it does is make you look like a spoiled little kid who says do this or I'll take my ball and go home.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So people who boycotted the NFL or who tried to get change were villanized.....some blackballed from the league. And you guys said we just want our football we don’t want politics. Your time to voice your opinion was last season. Now you are doing it because a team got the short end of the stick on a football call? No one wants to hear your voice now.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes bad calls happen all the time. But it's also about the timing of when in the game along with the severity of the call. I don't expect every play to be called perfectly. But I do expect THAT to get called 100% of the time. Every time.

Nobody is saying people don't make mistakes. Of course they do. People also lose jobs and organizations change rules and procedures to avoid the same mistakes, and that's what needs to happen here.

I'll use the same non-call I did with nathanit. The saints were driving to take the lead and on 3rd down threw a pass to Kamara and Jaylon Smith lowered his head and had a blatant helmet to helmet hit along the sideline that was not called. Was it because that call went in favor of the Cowboys that you didn't have your little rant about missing calls that are so obvious? Yes the league needs to come up with some way to prevent most of these missed obvious calls but to sit and whine about it here now 2 weeks after the fact where whining about it here will do less than zero to get those changes is just that whining.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Great, go watch the predetermined outcome... If you pay a ref for inside information, you can make money. What a debacle.
so... tell us what is the predetermined outcome?

is it the Rams, who according to you was the team the NFL wants to win and win it all? Or the New England Pats who for obvious reasons talent-wise deserve to be there and proven it in years past?

:rolleyes:

the Saints game missed PI call was a bad miss, thats all. time to move on

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I know the title is provocative, but I'm not leading with that to annoy others, just for the fun of it.

I'm serious when I say that Goodell needs to hear the message loud and clear, the debacle that the NFL has become will not be tolerated. Officials who watch NFL receivers get blasted, helmet to helmet, before the ball arrives, and then do nothing about it, have revealed a great deal.

They've revealed they are acting maliciously toward a team in the playoffs.
They have been given instructions to prohibit one team from winning.
Incompetence will no longer cloak these truths.

Knowing that, (there is no dispute or controversy) will you actually promote the destruction of the NFL by watching?

I know that Super Bowl parties are a tradition, and they are a great opportunity for socializing, but the time to act is now. Football will be unwatchable if the public ignores the game fixing that went on. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party already, but I've turned it down. I know its not an easy thing to do.

Will you seriously consider making other plans? Fishing, a get together with friends, doing anything else?

The NFL must get this message. WHAT FOOTBALL HAS BECOME IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

Yah well, I ain't tryin to change the worlds vision on the NFL so I'm gonna watch anyway:p. If I could actually change the world vision on something, the NFL would be way down the list

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Missed call/Bad calls happen every game. NOTHING is going to change that. The Saints got robbed plain and simple but so did the Boys a few years ago with the "Dez catch that wasnt"...Sucks but thats football!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're right, and I'm about to. And yet, no one is going to care about me doing that. I'm just trying to get people to use the narrow window of Super Bowl Sunday to send the message Goodell needs to hear.

I have really enjoyed being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and their history. The NFL no longer cares about the future of the sport, and football as defined in the rules, is no longer played. Phootball reigns now, and I'm done.

I wish others cared about the integrity of the game. I don't expect them to care about me whatsoever.
what message? you are not clear about what message your are sending? you are frustrated but you haven't asked for what your expectations are? Who is gooddell? he is a puppet. why don't you send a message to Benson and the saints owners since they are the puppet masters....

I care about integrity of the game. I haven't seen nothing that would say other wise. I saw a ref miss a call. whoopdie-doo. it happens. get over it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll use the same non-call I did with nathanit. The saints were driving to take the lead and on 3rd down threw a pass to Kamara and Jaylon Smith lowered his head and had a blatant helmet to helmet hit along the sideline that was not called. Was it because that call went in favor of the Cowboys that you didn't have your little rant about missing calls that are so obvious? Yes the league needs to come up with some way to prevent most of these missed obvious calls but to sit and whine about it here now 2 weeks after the fact where whining about it here will do less than zero to get those changes is just that whining.
bingo....the league has improved by utilizing replay which we all complained about. years before replay, more calls were missed. it will never be fair or perfect. its freaking entertainment, not life of death.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pass interference has been around forever, helmet to helmet is new. Getting an ages old rule correctly is expected, properly and evenly enforcing a rule that is new always has problems. At that point in the game, there was still enough time left, as well as both teams had timeouts remaining. The game was not decided by running less than 2 minutes off the clock and kicking a field goal.

Even with the one timeout that the Rams had, the Saints would have kicked it with 20 seconds left, and even fewer depending on how long it takes for refs to respot the ball and start the 40 second clock between 2nd and 3rd down. So, 5 seconds left for the kick is a game ender, even with the timeout.
saints lost. get over it. its a freaking game. mistakes happen. you are failing in your miserable attempt to stand up against NFL. stop watching NFL and stop talking about it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it will probably be viewed by 200+ million world wide. I doubt if anyone tries to boycott it will have any impact at all. The machine keeps chugging along... with or without the disgruntled fans.
If I was going to watch, I'd watch it with a bunch of disgruntled postal workers. Now there's some entertainment.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You do realize there wouldn't have been an overtime if that pass interference were called, right?
You also realize that there would have been no final Rams drive, right?

The Saints would have had 3 plays to run the clock out with a fresh set of downs, despite Sean Payton's previous play calls for a pass. All they had to do was kick the final field goal with less than 5 seconds remaining, and game over, win.

The refs took a 99% win scenario to a "Rams get a chance they shouldn't have" scenario.
who cares? only saints fans. I kind of liked that Rams won, however it happened. I didn't like the saints. I don't like sean payton. I kind of will enjoy watching the old man go against a young pop. perhaps last time we see brady. saints would have got their arse handed to them against Patriots. at least the rams would make it more competitive.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Not really.

In fact, if you are not a Nielsen household, it doesn't change a thing if you watch or not

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bingo....the league has improved by utilizing replay which we all complained about. years before replay, more calls were missed. it will never be fair or perfect. its freaking entertainment, not life of death.
And fewer complained about this missed calls before replay. It took a playoff game between the Oilers-Steelers and the catch/no catch TD of Mike Renfro to put the wheels in motion.

I have come to prefer the game before the replays that cause delays and the game was smoother. Now, they're talking about adding even more to reviewable calls and more stop downs and more commercials. It's all about increasing the revenue while attempting to fool the public that they're doing it for the game. There is our game and then there is their game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really.

In fact, if you are not a Nielsen household, it doesn't change a thing if you watch or not
Or if you are out of the money demo, 18-49, the agencies and TV nets don't give a damn. Nobody knows I am not watching but you folks here and y'all don't give a damn either.

If I were a Nielsen household and did want to watch the game, I'd put the TV on Lifetime and go to a sports bar.

Gremell12

Reaction score
Yeah man im totally with you, can’t wait to not watch it and brag about it. Gonna be sweet.

kskboys

Reaction score

Who gets to set these parameters?

Everything in this world changes. Football is no exception. A fan can adjust his method of fanhood, or quit the sport.

The NFL cares a ton about the future of the sport. That is why they are desperately attempting to address the issues at hand, for the future. No, they don't always do the right things, but even though I hate it, this offensive explosion has created an explosion of new fans. I love a good D battle, but I'm a diehard. Most fans want scores and excitement and great endings, so that's what the NFL is trying to give them. Yes, sometimes they get it wrong.