Signed by Cowboys Allen Hurns, Cowboys Agree To 2-Year Deal

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well thought out analysis. I happen to think Dez with his diminishing skills and his high salary should be traded or released, now that we have 2 new solid receivers to help fill his roll. Also, believe Beasley and Switzer should both be kept and used more at the same time( see NE ).

I just don't trust Hurns to be able to fill Dez's shoes. He was at his best when he wasn't the focus of defense's attention because Jacksonville had an equal or better receiver on the other side. Plus, his health is questionable over the past couple of years.

If the choice is to replace Dez, then I believe receiver has to be a high priority in the draft. I believe we're better off teaming Dez and Hurns this year, seeing what happens and then making a decision concerning Bryant and any other needs at the position in the offseason. Trading Beasley does not have the same effect.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
mr Blind---- yeah i have seen a few "Risen" hater postings...what does he do that is so bad?....personally i think he is pretty cool?
Risens fine. His shtick is a bit much at times but his heart is the right place. If only his head would follow.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With Fleming going to be added...this is exactly where I want Dallas sitting prior to the draft.

They could make me happier by throwing in Bowman and opening the draft wide open

gimmesix

Reaction score

If he's smart, he would. With Dez here, the defense is going to have to play him more straight up unless he proves to be more of a threat than Dez. With Dez not here, Hurns is the No. 1 target of defenses.

gimmesix

Reaction score
With Fleming going to be added...this is exactly where I want Dallas sitting prior to the draft.

They could make me happier by throwing in Bowman and opening the draft wide open

Veteran middle linebacker, veteran strong safety and interior backup for the OL and I'm good.

I could live with what we've done, but those three moves would put us in position to do whatever we want in the draft to upgrade.

Get a middle linebacker in the first round? The veteran either holds down the spot for a year while the rookie or learns or gets pushed to backup by the rookie.

Get an OL in the first round? Fleming likely becomes your sixth lineman instead of your fifth. Etc.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Fantastic deal. Amazing, really, for a guy that had 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns in his last full season. The Cowboys have made some bad signings before, but this one is potentially great. If Hurns can stay healthy they might just have the steal of free agency.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He's got a lot to prove though.....he's 3 years removed from his lone good season....

Hurt the past two years; and his rookie year was also good considering he wasn't starting. And at 26, he may not have peaked yet.

You're right that he has a lot to prove, but the Cowboys are paying him a fraction of what he was due to make in Jacksonville.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Frederick was restructured to open space for the free agents, not sign our own. First year extensions are at minimum salaries with a signing bonus as the yearly pay, which is prorated over the length of the contract, up to 5 years. Both Martin and Lawrence would see their cap hits decrease this year. Please refrain from discussing topics you don’t understand.

We restructured his contract because we didnt have enough money. Simple stuff. And I definitely dont need some fool like you to tell me about the salary cap.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I used to have no problem with his sideline displays of passion, until last year. Except, when he would complain about not getting the ball when the offense was performing well. Last year, was different though. I think Dez’s whining and complaining caused Dak( which is Dak’s fault too), to force the ball to Dez to much when Dez was tightly covered, which was often. Also, if your going to complain loudly on the sidelines, about not getting the ball, you better get open on a consistent basis and catch the ball when it’s thrown your way, and not let the ball get punched out when you finally do make a catch. Dez’s Huge salary and diminishing skills make his antics on the sideline no longer worth it. This TEAM would benefit by trading or releasing Dez. Two reasons: Dez’s money can be used for a FA upgrade at another position and Dak can focus on throwing to the open receiver.

Yea, crying like a little girl demanding the ball and then putting it on the turf when you finally do?

All I could say was..................WOW..............really Dez:facepalm: