Signed by Cowboys Allen Hurns, Cowboys Agree To 2-Year Deal

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frederick was restructured to open space for the free agents, not sign our own. First year extensions are at minimum salaries with a signing bonus as the yearly pay, which is prorated over the length of the contract, up to 5 years. Both Martin and Lawrence would see their cap hits decrease this year. Please refrain from discussing topics you don’t understand.

Roy literally can't comprehend the salary cap. He has proven it repeatedly.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We don't have the numbers yet but if the other deal are a pattern I would say 5-6m signing bonus with minimum salary .....maybe some incentives

Cap hit for Year One= 3.5m
Year Two = 8.5m

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lefty like Dez.

Km7PfI9.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, Watkins is even more over paid than Dez, but he does get more seperation and he is not seen on the sideline whining about not catching the ball when his team is winning. In regards to Dez, many fans on this site have very short memories. This team has won games without Dez. Now that we have added, what looks like two solid receivers, a big speed receiver and a receiver with a skill set similar to Dez’s, without all of Dez’s baggage, including his league leading drops and issues with getting seperation, we should try to trade Dez or release him if that is not possible. The money we save releasing or trading Dez, can be used to sign a solid FA. This team and receiving corps can get better by saying good bye to Dez. He was really good for 5 years, but right now, he’s lost a step and paid to much!
Separation doesn't catch TDs

Dez catches TDs

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Dez may not be what he was, but man to hear some of yall talk i dont know if you are talking about Dez Bryant or TWill. Is Dez still a #1 receiver? probably not. Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he 10 Hitlers? No. He can still play.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez may not be what he was, but man to hear some of yall talk i dont know if you are talking about Dez Bryant or TWill. Is Dez still a #1 receiver? probably not. Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he 10 Hitlers? No. He can still play.

Actually let's not be too hasty. lol. 10 Hitlers? I had to LOL on that one. Well played. But I do "player hate" Dez with the intensity of 100 suns. Lol. If you can call objectivity "player hate" then I am guilty of that. Lol

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
At least act like you have any idea what’s going on before thinking you know what dez is like. You’re probably the same guy who thinks his sideline “antics” are negative when it’s actually revealed he’s trying to pump up his teammates.

Here’s actual quotes from the horses mouth circa December this past season.

"It's an understanding of what is going on and what is happening," Bryant said of why he refuses to get frustrated. "They are doubling. That is what most fans don't understand. We are just trying to move on. That is what it is right now. I can't be thinking of me right now. We just got to keep on winning."

Bryant said his focus is to make the most every ball that comes his way. And that's the attitude of the entire receiver corps.

If you get one ball, make something happen with it, Bryant said.

"That is the attitude we are playing with," Bryant said. "That attitude is playing a big factor in the way we are playing football. That is more important than athletic ability. We just want to win. That is the attitude."
I used to have no problem with his sideline displays of passion, until last year. Except, when he would complain about not getting the ball when the offense was performing well. Last year, was different though. I think Dez’s whining and complaining caused Dak( which is Dak’s fault too), to force the ball to Dez to much when Dez was tightly covered, which was often. Also, if your going to complain loudly on the sidelines, about not getting the ball, you better get open on a consistent basis and catch the ball when it’s thrown your way, and not let the ball get punched out when you finally do make a catch. Dez’s Huge salary and diminishing skills make his antics on the sideline no longer worth it. This TEAM would benefit by trading or releasing Dez. Two reasons: Dez’s money can be used for a FA upgrade at another position and Dak can focus on throwing to the open receiver.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

All of his Tweets seem to have fists in them. He must be a violent person.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Beasley went from being our most effective receiver in 2016 to being fairly ineffective in 2017. There are reasons for that that are both the fault of the coaching staff and Beasley's limitations as a receiver. Beasley's strength is his quickness on breaking in and out of routes. Defensive backs can't keep up with him on short-range, quick hitters. However, we haven't really seen him show the ability consistently to stretch the field so that defenses can't sit on those routes, which is what they did last year with bracket coverage. This may not be all Beasley's fault because the staff over and over again had him do the same things (in and out quick routes) despite the coverage.

There are ways to get Beasley open, but not running the offense that we run. Because we now have too many receivers, if he has trade value, I think he is the most logical choice to be traded. Hurns has slot ability and while we would lose Beasley's quick plays, he would give us a wider array of options on routes. Switzer is a similar player to Beasley, so if we wanted some of those quick ins and outs, he can run them. Thompson brings a different dimension with his speed.

In thinking more about who should be the odd man out, I think it should be Beasley for these reasons and also because of Hurns' injury problems the past two years. Although I could live with Williams being traded, he'd also be good insurance in case those injury problems continue.

My receiver plans would be Dez and Hurns as the starters with Hurns going to the slot and either Williams or Thompson coming in on third downs. If Switzer progresses, then he can take some of the slot snaps with Hurns staying outside.
Well thought out analysis. I happen to think Dez with his diminishing skills and his high salary should be traded or released, now that we have 2 new solid receivers to help fill his roll. Also, believe Beasley and Switzer should both be kept and used more at the same time( see NE ).

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That thought does run through my mind as I scroll through some stuff.

Can we try it out? Survivor style. I vote Risen off the board.

Risen, blow out your torch and go home.
mr Blind---- yeah i have seen a few "Risen" hater postings...what does he do that is so bad?....personally i think he is pretty cool?