Am I seeing too much here? Boys look great

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is Dak's 1 shortcoming. Throwing slightly behind his receivers on those slants. He doesn't do it often. Actually hits his receivers in stride most of the time, but there are times he hits them on that back shoulder which causes incompletions. If Dak can work on and improve his slant passes accuracy, he will be golden!
yes...there were some good throws. What caught my eye most was the @1:50 pass to gallup....it should have been an easy TD. He had to reach back and fall to catch it. These are the kinds of things that lead to 3's or worse.

We have GOT to make that play and burn them. Our DB were horrible there and probably would have been picked by a good one.

I'm concerned.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When it's Cowboys vs Cowboys, the Boys are going to look great. It's not a good evaluation of how they compare to the rest of the league. It's why the preseason does the evaluation process good. So, this season, we have a different process. How good it will be is yet to be determined.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes...there were some good throws. What caught my eye most was the @1:50 pass to gallup....it should have been an easy TD. He had to reach back and fall to catch it. These are the kinds of things that lead to 3's or worse.

We have GOT to make that play and burn them. Our DB were horrible there and probably would have been picked by a good one.

I'm concerned.
That was close to a 50 yard pass while falling back. Not every pass is going to be spot on. Every QB is going to have throws that are slightly off. Did you see Mahomes performance in the Super Bowl? He was way off with most of his throws. His receivers saved him by making spectacular difficult catches, which is why I didn't agree with Mahomes getting the SB MVP. Yet, many, if not most, praised Mahomes for that game. Yet, here, for 2 or 3 slightly off-target Dak passes, he is being doubted, questioned and criticized?
:huh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When watching TC footage I try and concentrate on positioning, gap assignment, for defense. Playmakers on the offensive side are easier to read this early.
Big hits on defense like LVE on Pollard,, wasnt really that violent, just a upper body hit, but the angle was most impressive.

Precisely. I'm no expert, but I think you evaluate positioning, footwork, agility. I am not entirely sure the "playmakers are easier to read"...they sort of get some free reign for exactly the reason you mention about the defense.

I do believe LVE held up....he could have blasted the ball carrier into the stands. :laugh: Good job on his part keeping his head in the game....er practice.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was close to a 50 yard pass while falling back. Not every pass is going to be spot on. Every QB is going to have throws that are slightly off. Did you see Mahomes performance in the Super Bowl? He was way off with most of his throws. His receivers saved him by making spectacular difficult catches, which is why I didn't agree with Mahomes getting the SB MVP. Yet, many, if not most, praised Mahomes for that game. Yet, here, for 2 or 3 slightly off-target Dak passes, he is being doubted, questioned and criticized?
:huh:

I didn't want much of the SB...and if I may quote a movie.... frankly don't give a dman ....about mahoomes.

And yes..."criticized".....in the same way every position and player is. Dak isn;t off limits. That's a REAL head scratcher sheesh!.

I bet if Gallup had dropped a perfect pass you'd be all over it. This "can;t criticize Dak" nonsense has to stop. That is a fair and accurate assessment of the play. He has an open receiver .... clear shot...no pressure and he missed it. That's a drive and maybe game killer.

And no....not saying bench Dak so cut it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't want much of the SB...and if I may quote a movie.... frankly don't give a dman ....about mahoomes.

And yes..."criticized".....in the same way every position and player is. Dak isn;t off limits. That's a REAL head scratcher sheesh!.

I bet if Gallup had dropped a perfect pass you'd be all over it. This "can;t criticize Dak" nonsense has to stop. That is a fair and accurate assessment of the play. He has an open receiver .... clear shot...no pressure and he missed it. That's a drive and maybe game killer.

And no....not saying bench Dak so cut it.
Gallup made the not-so-hard catch at the 3 yard line. Get over with your incessant Dak criticisms. Talk about being over enfatuated with the guy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s really difficult for me to pick the Cowboys in the season opener at LA as they don new stadium.

How’s 0-1 going to feel ? Will there be a sense of urgency to avoid 0-2.

As of now they will not have any fans there to have a true HFA. No wild and crazy fans to make a difference with noise levels.
Unless they hired the Seattle guy to pump in fake noise when we have the ball. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As of now they will not have any fans there to have a true HFA. No wild and crazy fans to make a difference with noise levels.
Unless they hired the Seattle guy to pump in fake noise when we have the ball. :muttley:
Noise isn’t a concern.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The rams arent good. If we cant beat them without Gurley or Cooks were in for a long year

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo, then he become Felix Jones after he put on more weight.

The problem I recall for Felix was playing hurt for 2 years and getting his body ground into hamburger thereby.

When did he put on the weight? I don't remember when. But 2010 he played every game, and was really good on an awful team. Best ypt receiving back in the league.

I wasn't thinking 20 lbs for Pollard. But the first NFL offseason should allow a player to improve his body. More muscle. More explosiveness. More power. 5-10lbs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, blokes, it was edited but !!!

1. Zeke looked FAST! His cut was awesome to hit the hole!!!
2. Pollard ran with authority.
3. Cee Dee and Gallup made me heart flutter!
4. IVE looked MASSIVE AND FAST!! THE HIT HE LAID ON ME HERO POLLARD!!!!
5. Dak, congrats on the Gallup TD.

Is this valid praise by me, an earnest fan boy from the swamps of Leeds and West Texas, or "accept anything because it's camp in unusual times"
Loved what I saw in an edited practice!!!

Seniments?
Comments? Drive-bye, reasoned exchanges?

It's nice to see quickness, and some nice throws, but on the running plays the defense is holding back - the contact is limited. LVE made a hit on Pollard, but otherwise the defense was laying off the hitting.