Am I the only one who thinks Dalton gets at least one start this year?

GMO415

Reaction score
Mop up duty only
giphy.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
#1 picks Dalton played with in Cincy:
  • WR AJ Green, #4 overall pick 2011 (the same year as Dalton)
  • OT Andre Smith, #9 overall pick 2009
  • TE Jermaine Grisham, #21 overall pick 2010
  • TE Tyler Eifert, #21 overall pick 2013
  • OT Cedric Ogbuehi, #21 overall pick 2015
  • OG Kevin Zeitler, #27 overall pick 2012
All the above guys were drafted in the 1st Round by Cincy and played a MINIMUM of 4 years with Dalton. Outside of Grisham and Ogbuehi, all played together at the same time in Cincy too.

So Dalton has ALWAYS had a #1 WR, at least a very good TE, long with top picks across the Offensive Line.

But ya, let's keep up with the narrative that ONLY DAK ever played with multiple 1st Round picks on offense and is the ONLY QB in NFL History that needed help from his team to win.
:facepalm:
:hammer:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#1 picks Dalton played with in Cincy:
  • WR AJ Green, #4 overall pick 2011 (the same year as Dalton)
  • OT Andre Smith, #9 overall pick 2009
  • TE Jermaine Grisham, #21 overall pick 2010
  • TE Tyler Eifert, #21 overall pick 2013
  • OT Cedric Ogbuehi, #21 overall pick 2015
  • OG Kevin Zeitler, #27 overall pick 2012
All the above guys were drafted in the 1st Round by Cincy and played a MINIMUM of 4 years with Dalton. Outside of Grisham and Ogbuehi, all played together at the same time in Cincy too.

So Dalton has ALWAYS had a #1 WR, at least a very good TE, long with top picks across the Offensive Line.

But ya, let's keep up with the narrative that ONLY DAK ever played with multiple 1st Round picks on offense and is the ONLY QB in NFL History that needed help from his team to win.
:facepalm:

No no...dude...I'm good with you setting it straight. Did all those guys play on the same team and year? Like Dak did? Or was it spread out over 10+ years? Mix and match.

Just trying to keep this honest. And I will re-iterate...I don't really care all that much. I see some people really flip out about it...but not me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and all Dak did once he got some talent around him is lead the offense to #1 in the NFL. no QB, not even Brady or Brees does it on their own. they need talent around them and its what you do and accomplish once you have talent around you.

Dalton's time has come and gone. he was an average QB. he had some talent around him, he choked in big games, the biggest games of his career he had his worst performances. now, he is close to being washed up. he is a back up and will be a bridge QB to the next QB for some team. he is nothing but a footnote in NFL archives. no one will remember him 10 years from now. just like most fans don't remember any of the average QBs from 10 years ago.

Okay.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After giving in some thought I would love to see Dalton get the start week 17 with division and #1 seed wrapped up and have Dak and several key starters resting up for the post season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It could be more at the end of the year if we wrap up division early .

But are you suggesting they’d bench Dak to start Dalton. If so then this reeks of trolling.

Wood

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!

I will be honest. I think its almost impossible for QB to not perform in this offense. It might be most stacked offense in NFL. Dak would have to regress significantly to get pulled for Dalton. Only injury would put Dalton into starting lineup. That all said, Dak needs to lead team deep into playoffs to get a new contract.

SackMaster

Reaction score
No no...dude...I'm good with you setting it straight. Did all those guys play on the same team and year? Like Dak did? Or was it spread out over 10+ years? Mix and match.

Just trying to keep this honest. And I will re-iterate...I don't really care all that much. I see some people really flip out about it...but not me.
As I mentioned in my post the only two players in that list that did not play together (with Dalton) were Grisham and Ogbuehi. They missed playing together (with Dalton) during the same off-season (2014 to 2015).

In the attempt to have a "fair" comparison, I limited my search to JUST players drafted by the Bengals around the time Dalton was, and who played multiple seasons with Dalton AND the other listed draft picks.

, here are the years each of the players played with Dalton
  1. Andre Smith = 2011-2015, 2017
  2. Jermaine Gresham = 2011-2014
  3. AJ Green = 2011-2018
  4. Keith Zeitler = 2012-2016
  5. Tyler Eifert = 2013-2019
  6. Cedric Ogbuehi = 2015-2018
In just the above listed players, 5 of the 6 were on the same time at the same time for 3 years: 2013, 2014, 2015
Then 4 of 6 played together on the same team at the same time for another 3 years: 2012, 2016, 2017

That is 6 consecutive years of Dalton playing with AT LEAST 4 1st Round draft picks on offense.

That does not even include other offensive 1st Round Draft picks Dalton played with that did not fit my limited search criteria above:
  • former #4 overall pick RB Cedric Benson (2011)
  • former #9 overall pick WR John Ross (2017-2019)
  • former #21 pick C Billy Price (2018-2019)
Is that not "honest" enough for you?
:huh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my post the only two players in that list that did not play together (with Dalton) were Grisham and Ogbuehi. They missed playing together (with Dalton) during the same off-season (2014 to 2015).

In the attempt to have a "fair" comparison, I limited my search to JUST players drafted by the Bengals around the time Dalton was, and who played multiple seasons with Dalton AND the other listed draft picks.

3. AJ Green = 2011-2018
In just the above listed players, 5 of the 6 were on the same time at the same time for 3 years: 2013, 2014, 2015
Then 4 of 6 played together on the same team at the same time for another 3 years: 2012, 2016, 2017

That is 6 consecutive years of Dalton playing with AT LEAST 4 1st Round draft picks on offense.

That does not even include other offensive 1st Round Draft picks Dalton played with that did not fit my limited search criteria above:
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just hope that if Dak is 70% from a health perspective that they don't trot him out there over Dalton.

They are too similar in ability to do something like that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

3. AJ Green = 2011-2018

Sure my man. Thanks for all the hard work. So you are in the Daltons sucks sss camp?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
what he said is false and its funny.

given nfl executives, analysts, former players, experts, GMs, coaches, rank Dak among the best, yet a message board troll, looking for attention should be taken seriously...oooookkkk. again, what he said was absolute stuupidity. he is a known troll and a village idiiot.

plus, I gave this little doucche a chance. if he is wrong, then come forth and eat crow. if I am wrong, then I will eat crow...he ran like a little girl screaming. which shows he doesn't even believe in what he says....he is a troll

I heard of 1 anonymous nfl gm who said dak is a top 7 qb. Where do you have infos about so many others ? Can you link them please ?

In most interviews i see or read Dak is seen as a top 10 QB maybe a bit lower 11 or 12. Which is good but not great. If McCarthy was convinced by Dak dont you think he already put some preassure on JJ to sign him to a longterm contract ? No, he did not. He also took a wait and see approach. And that coach knows a thing about QBs.

If you think Dak is a great QB thats your right. But let others think what they want to. To me for instance Dak is a slightly below average QB. But that has nothing to do with your post.

Your post is flat out stupid. Stupid, because the way QBs get paid has nothing to do with what they are able to do, how they perform. QBs get paid because they are available.

What makes your post even worse is that i assume you allready know that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

3. AJ Green = 2011-2018

That’s a solid contribution right there! :clap:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I heard of 1 anonymous nfl gm who said dak is a top 7 qb. Where do you have infos about so many others ? Can you link them please ?

In most interviews i see or read Dak is seen as a top 10 QB maybe a bit lower 11 or 12. Which is good but not great. If McCarthy was convinced by Dak dont you think he already put some preassure on JJ to sign him to a longterm contract ? No, he did not. He also took a wait and see approach. And that coach knows a thing about QBs.

If you think Dak is a great QB thats your right. But let others think what they want to. To me for instance Dak is a slightly below average QB. But that has nothing to do with your post.

Your post is flat out stupid. Stupid, because the way QBs get paid has nothing to do with what they are able to do, how they perform. QBs get paid because they are available.

What makes your post even worse is that i assume you allready know that.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...10-quarterback-heading-into-2020-season-wentz

https://www.newsbreak.com/texas/dal...s-top-10-quarterback-heading-into-2020-season

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...ank-top-10-quarterbacks-wentz-prescott-debate

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...n-dak-prescott-crack-top-five-to-open-season/

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/2020/07/cowboys-dak-prescott-nfl-exec-qb-rankings/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...g-nfl-top-10-qbs-2020-follows-patrick-mahomes

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/aaron-rodgers-among-top-5-qb-espn

https://247sports.com/Article/Dak-P...-Riddick-Jerry-Jones-NFL-executive-148182039/

there is more.....but you sure like to spin.....

fact is those who know, understand and count (not you), know Dak and his abilities and know what he can do....you obviously have an agenda to drive, so you try to spin, spin spin spin spin...but unfortunatley you are not even good at that....I can do a better job of spinning somethign anti-dak than you and your agenda driven post...

I think you are looking like the stupid one....its like you are in quick sand, sinking, I keep telling you to stop wiggling and you insist on wiggling...your choice...sink deeper

TwentyOne

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...10-quarterback-heading-into-2020-season-wentz

https://www.newsbreak.com/texas/dal...s-top-10-quarterback-heading-into-2020-season

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...ank-top-10-quarterbacks-wentz-prescott-debate

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...n-dak-prescott-crack-top-five-to-open-season/

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/2020/07/cowboys-dak-prescott-nfl-exec-qb-rankings/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...g-nfl-top-10-qbs-2020-follows-patrick-mahomes

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/aaron-rodgers-among-top-5-qb-espn

https://247sports.com/Article/Dak-P...-Riddick-Jerry-Jones-NFL-executive-148182039/

there is more.....but you sure like to spin.....

fact is those who know, understand and count (not you), know Dak and his abilities and know what he can do....you obviously have an agenda to drive, so you try to spin, spin spin spin spin...but unfortunatley you are not even good at that....I can do a better job of spinning somethign anti-dak than you and your agenda driven post...

I think you are looking like the stupid one....its like you are in quick sand, sinking, I keep telling you to stop wiggling and you insist on wiggling...your choice...sink deeper

Ok: you said that those experts coaches etc rank dak among the best. Now you post me that articlewhich states that they view him at no 9. Which to me is not among the best. Among the best means they view him among mahomes, watson and jackson (or whomever you want to lable as your top notch QBs).

I wrote that i read about experts who see him as a top 10 QB.

Also all those articles you provided refer to the same survey. One woulf have been enough. I believe one source. I dont need 10 of the same. But thats just that you know me better.

I also know about this survey. And as i already wrote it does not say that Dak is among the best. He is just a top 10 QB which means he is a good QB. Good but not great. And that fits what i stated.

You mixed in the cbssports article which is a ranking made by cbs. So that has nothing to do with what you stated. I guess that was a mistake by you.

Its also funny you posted an article by heavy.com which has nothing to do with the survey but has a expert who states just the oposite.

“He’ll get paid as one of the best, but he’s certainly not top five and marginal top 10,” the nameless exec told Fowler. “That great rookie season set the stage for him to hit another level that he never really was going to hit. The bar got set high, and I don’t know if he can reach it. Hasn’t thrown it as well since [2016].”

Which is pretty funny. Do you actually read the things you post as sources to support your arguments ?

But maybe you were just so eagerly busy in posting the same survey again and again that you hadnt time to verify what you actually posted ?! ;-)

So in the end this survey strengthes what i wrote and weakens what you stated. Please explain where i do state arguments that fit my agenda ? I mean you are very rude with your statements about me. You will sure have some facts so you can justify your behaviour.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak was a 3rd string QB when he got his shot due to injury, so it is not unthinkable Dalton or Nooch might get a shot. Dak has be undestructable in his 4 years, but you never know. Just as you never know how the other guys would do if Dak was knocked out for the season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok: you said that those experts coaches etc rank dak among the best. Now you post me that articlewhich states that they view him at no 9. Which to me is not among the best. Among the best means they view him among mahomes, watson and jackson (or whomever you want to lable as your top notch QBs).

I wrote that i read about experts who see him as a top 10 QB.

Also all those articles you provided refer to the same survey. One woulf have been enough. I believe one source. I dont need 10 of the same. But thats just that you know me better.

I also know about this survey. And as i already wrote it does not say that Dak is among the best. He is just a top 10 QB which means he is a good QB. Good but not great. And that fits what i stated.

You mixed in the cbssports article which is a ranking made by cbs. So that has nothing to do with what you stated. I guess that was a mistake by you.

Its also funny you posted an article by heavy.com which has nothing to do with the survey but has a expert who states just the oposite.

Which is pretty funny. Do you actually read the things you post as sources to support your arguments ?

But maybe you were just so eagerly busy in posting the same survey again and again that you hadnt time to verify what you actually posted ?! ;-)

So in the end this survey strengthes what i wrote and weakens what you stated. Please explain where i do state arguments that fit my agenda ? I mean you are very rude with your statements about me. You will sure have some facts so you can justify your behaviour.
among the best. top 10

some had him top 5

some had him at 6....

some had him lower...

the AVERAGE ended up at #9....

and I did the opposite article on purpose, to show you I read/consider all aspects to put together an over all picture.

you are a spinner aren't you....ever think about running for policits? you spin like nobody's business...full of BS perfect for politics

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!
You are the only one that thinks Dalton gets to start a game unless it's week 17 and the Cowboys have the 1 seed locked up.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
among the best. top 10

some had him top 5

some had him at 6....

some had him lower...

the AVERAGE ended up at #9....

and I did the opposite article on purpose, to show you I read/consider all aspects to put together an over all picture.

you are a spinner aren't you....ever think about running for policits? you spin like nobody's business...full of BS perfect for politics

first you insult me now you insult politicians in general.

whats wrong with you. cant you handle someone with arguments in a civilized manner ?

when the average ended at 9. 9 is what experts see him. not 5 or 6 and not 14 or 13 (which btw is what some think of him too).

9 means he is among good qbs, not the best.

and seriously when your posts are indicative to your character i politely dont believe you when you say

"and I did the opposite article on purpose, to show you I read/consider all aspects to put together an over all picture."

but i think i should end the discussion here.

Last edited: