Am I the only one who thinks Dalton gets at least one start this year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
first you insult me now you insult politicians in general.

whats wrong with you. cant you handle someone with arguments in a civilized manner ?

when the average ended at 9. 9 is what experts see him. not 5 or 6 and not 14 or 13 (which btw is what some think of him too).

9 means he is among good qbs, not the best.

and seriously when your posts are indicative to your character i politely dont believe you when you say

but i think i should end the discussion here.
:facepalm::eek::confused:

spiiiinnnn spin spin...sppppiiinnnn sssppppiiinnn spin....spining yet again

Qcard

Reaction score
#1 picks Dalton played with in Cincy:
  • WR AJ Green, #4 overall pick 2011 (the same year as Dalton)
  • OT Andre Smith, #9 overall pick 2009
  • TE Jermaine Grisham, #21 overall pick 2010
  • TE Tyler Eifert, #21 overall pick 2013
  • OT Cedric Ogbuehi, #21 overall pick 2015
  • OG Kevin Zeitler, #27 overall pick 2012
All the above guys were drafted in the 1st Round by Cincy and played a MINIMUM of 4 years with Dalton. Outside of Grisham and Ogbuehi, all played together at the same time in Cincy too.

So Dalton has ALWAYS had a #1 WR, at least a very good TE, long with top picks across the Offensive Line.

But ya, let's keep up with the narrative that ONLY DAK ever played with multiple 1st Round picks on offense and is the ONLY QB in NFL History that needed help from his team to win.
:facepalm:
Facts don't matter to Dak Haters

Great Post

Qcard

Reaction score
I completely disagree. I can't say whether or not the Bengals would have won any of those playoff games under Dak, but unlike Dalton, Dak is not nearly as prone to throwing interceptions as Dalton is. In fact, AJ McCarron is probably the best playoff QB that the Bengals had during Dalton's time as the Bengals were able to score 16 points in their 2015 playoff game against the Steelers with AJ leading the way.

While I would not want Marvin Lewis as the HC of my team, compared to Garrett he was darn near Vince Lombardi. Atleast Lewis EARNED his way to being a Head Coach by being a good COACH and not a "friend of the family" / "illegitimate son".

The only sentence above that makes sense is the the only way we will find out is if Dak can't play for whatever reason.

But players are ALWAYS judged off of what they did on OTHER teams before they join a new team. That is hardly anything new and/or special.

So to sit here and cry about how it is "not fair" or "silly" that Dalton is judged as a turnover, mistake prone, chokes in big game QB is a complete validation of ignorance.

But hey, Dalton could be great in Dallas under MM. I would not bet on it though as that would be akin to pissing into the wind, during a hurricane, hoping not to get wet.
:thumbup:
:hammer:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!
yes, he only starts if Dak is injured

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A Dak thread by any other name...sure glad we've got a new guy to start them. There really has been a shortage around here. :muttley:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lol. I’d like to make a wager with you that with this offense and no Garrett Dak doesn’t go one game this season without a scoring touchdown
No QB should ever go without scoring at least one TD (passing or rushing), so that's not saying a ton philadon :laugh:

Having said that, I agree. Dallas should average >30 ppg with all of these weapons.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Dak cannot throw deep

bonafidebanter

Reaction score

Yes, yes you are.