Am I the only one who thinks Dalton gets at least one start this year?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!

i like Dalton...but i think Dak has improved a lot too...his touch is better this year

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

I think some folks here haven't seen Andy Dalton play in years. :rolleyes:

cern

Reaction score
i think dak will have his best season ever under the new coaching staff. last year dak had to play a game against the eagles at seasons end when he had a shoulder problem. we didn't have anyone who could be trusted to play the position. dalton is good insurance in case such an eventuality might happen again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so do you feel the same if we start say Pollard? You know new team and all

I never said any such thing, Star. Really surprised you are coming at me this way.

In fact I made it a point to not only support Dak...but I have been very consistent in saying ALL the players get a "free pass". If Pollard becomes #1....so be it. Not sure I'd agree just yet...but if he goes out and proves himself....then by all means. Same for any and all players.

You're trying to dig up something that isn't there....I'm aback. :(

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's OK to suggest that Dalton is a back-up and regardless of who coaches, Prescott is a better caliber player.

That isn't what I objected to...at all.

And in fact...I'd venture say you disagree with CFiH as well. With a good backup....the season isn't "shot". Yes? No?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!
His play style is actually not much different than Dak's. Not a great pure arm, but can get the ball to receivers, and is mobile, although he doesn't run as well as when he was younger.

But, to the question, no I don't see Dalton starting a game unless Dak is injured. There is really no expectation he would do better, it would create some confusion among the players, and it would stir up a controversy that makes no sense to create.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is hard to keep up. I;d rather just watch the game only, if it's on.

Yeah, I rather watch the games, look at he after game threads. But last year I got in the habit of posting during the games. Found I missed a lot on TV that way. So tried to do as I did some previous years, look at what I could and post during commercials.
So this year, was going to try to get back to that, at least limit it until commercials. Will see how that works out. LOL.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes, there is a long tradition of that here. . . But there is a new Sheriff in town and he has balls of steel.

Just for an example. On Cowboys Night McCarthy wouldnt even let Jerry film the intra squad Scrimmage

Things are different now.

I may be wrong but snaps in practive looked evenly distributed
I'm sorry which snaps are you watching? These two things...can't exist together.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i like Dalton...but i think Dak has improved a lot too...his touch is better this year
A little bit early to tell. He missed a really nice would-be TD to Gallup in one of the very clips we've seen. Gallup made a great play to reach back for it...and our DB looked pretty silly defending it. Down at the 2 yard instead of an easy TD...underthorwn!

That's the kind of thing that blows a game. a FG or nothing at all sometimes.

I wanna see some real football before I make any judgings.

grgnfg420

Reaction score
It’s good to see some people from the ranch are still here! And no I don’t want this to happen cause it would mean dak is playing bad but I could see it happening very easily