Am I the only one who thinks Dalton gets at least one start this year?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak will start and Dak will fall.....see this time around he doesn't have 3 dog teams to start the season!
True but I really dont see any dominate defenses that could cause him not to score a Td.

The ridiculous amount of Offensive talent combined with the New Environment created . . . I dont see how he could go the whole season and not score at least 1 Td in every game

If He were to struggle, it will be because of the Health & Perfirmance of the Offensive Line.

And as much depth we have on the inside in youthful potential. The depth at Tackle is already causing a concern and its week 1.

Major head slap:facepalm:

The only achiles heal. But enough of a peoblem based on Dak's past experinece of falling off a cliff if the tackle position is anything less then Pro Bowl Level.

Its gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. If by chance Dak struggles in any way what so ever, because he cant handle the pressure coming from the right side. If the coaches arent able to compensate for Dak. If this continues for 2-3 games until Collins return

I believe Dak would be riding the pine if the Cowboys struggle and I believe there would be less supporters and more believers in McCarthy and the Dak Era shall come to a close.

But thats a big if. . . But a very real possibility.

Could you imagine the chaos after Steven A. Makes his opinion felt

A carrot top, the Red Rifle. (Some say its one step up from being Albino). . .

America's Team
:starspin:
You cant make this up . . . :facepalm:

grgnfg420

Reaction score
True but I really dont see any dominate defenses that could cause him not to score a Td.

The ridiculous amount of Offensive talent combined with the New Environment created . . . I dont see how he could go the whole season and not score at least 1 Td in every game

If He were to struggle, it will be because of the Health & Perfirmance of the Offensive Line.

And as much depth we have on the inside in youthful potential. The depth at Tackle is already causing a concern and its week 1.

The only achiles heal. But enough of a peoblem based on Dak's past experinece of falling off a cliff if the tackle position is anything less then Pro Bowl Level.

Its gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. If by chance Dak struggles in any way what so ever, because he cant handle the pressure coming from the right side. If the coaches arent able to compensate for Dak. If this continues for 2-3 games until Collins return

I believe Dak would be riding the pine if the Cowboys struggle and I believe there would be less supporters and more believers in McCarthy and the Dak Era shall come to a close.

America's Team

Had dak not gone 13-3 that first year would we all be giving him this much leeway?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

America's Team

With the exception of CD who I will not rush to make him a HOF talent just yet he had the same talent last season on offense and still flopped against every defense and team with a pulse.
Personally I believe both Jerry and Big Mike are just waiting for the best opportunity and timing to bring Dalton under center to avoid ill politics in the locker room.
Dak has proved even with the best talent around him on offense he cannot get the job done!

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm sorry which snaps are you watching? These two things...can't exist together.
I miss spoke . . . I meant to say broadcast the performance of the players. Like it was advertised all week. . . But PT Barnum Jones and his traveling circus was shut down.

Everything was set up to go and McCarthy was like . . . Nah

starfan1

Reaction score
I never said any such thing, Star. Really surprised you are coming at me this way.

In fact I made it a point to not only support Dak...but I have been very consistent in saying ALL the players get a "free pass". If Pollard becomes #1....so be it. Not sure I'd agree just yet...but if he goes out and proves himself....then by all means. Same for any and all players.

You're trying to dig up something that isn't there....I'm aback. :(

you answered my question. I just wanted to see if you were consistent with your thoughts on your favorite player (OSU alum) as you were on Dak. I don't hear it as much from you on any other other player as I do on Dak. That being said he is the most polarizing player on our team so Im not surprised as he gets talked about the most, as was the last QB so not much has changed in 10 years.

I think your oversensitive no need to be taken aback. I wasn't trying to dig stuff up. I'm just a knucklehead fan on a message board like the rest of us

and i wasn't serious about Pollard i in noway think he should start. more carries yes but we got our starter even if i don't like him much.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I miss spoke . . . I meant to say broadcast the performance of the players. Like it was advertised all week. . . But PT Barnum Jones and his traveling circus was shut down.

Everything was set up to go and McCarthy was like . . . Nah
Ok. I understood what you meant about MM, and agree.

But what snaps were you watching to see that they were evenly distributed?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Had dak not gone 13-3 that first year would we all be giving him this much leeway?
Of course not. . . But the real reason he was given all this time to develop is because of the investment made in him . . . Jerry went all in . . . And the rest is history.

This year is different in every way. . . He will be judged on his performance as it happens in the game situations. What was accepted in the past will be scritinized by Big Mike.

And it looks to me like Mike dont play. The last defender of Dak was Jerry and that relationship has been tarnished. I believe its stricty business now.

Dak screwed the pooch on that one. Should have took the 5 years and renegotiated after the last year.

His petiness severed his life line to Mr. JONES. Now he will have to perform and he will be judged honestly.

And if a change is required . . . Well then we have a more then capable vetern leader chomping at tge bit. . . Just waiting for the oppotunity to shine with this arsenal.

No more excuses . . . No more waiting . . . Swim or drown.

But its win win for Cowboys.

He plays possessed and balls out . . . Or he is replaced and Dalton shows how a QB with the standard QB skillset can shine with all thedes weapons. . . If Dalton takes the Reigns he will never relinquish them.

The only type of QB that would struggle in this situation would have to be a QB that is slow to read and react and has a problem with consistantly placing the ball where it needs to be. (Also known as accuracy) but I feel its more then that. Its placing the ball in a certain time & space that only allows for the receiver to make the catch and or space for RAC yds.

Inticipation when things are breaking down. Major achiles heal of Daks. I mean he usally does get it in the general vacinity . . . But his placement is usually less then ideal to say the least

grgnfg420

Reaction score
I am excited to see if MM has a noticble difference on dak but if he doesn’t if dak doesn’t take the next step then what?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That isn't what I objected to...at all.

And in fact...I'd venture say you disagree with CFiH as well. With a good backup....the season isn't "shot". Yes? No?
It depends on how many games we're talking. A couple games I think we'd be fine. So if if were more than yeah, Dalton's not the answer.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Ok. I understood what you meant about MM, and agree.

But what snaps were you watching to see that they were evenly distributed?
Generally just in practice . I think they are doing it to keep the intensity high. To whip them into playing shape. But I also think Mike wants to see what he has in each and every QB.

Not to say Mike is leaning in any one direction. But I think in his mind everyone is being given an equal opportunity to perform

GenoT

Reaction score
Other than an injury to Dak (knock on wood), or unless the DCs have sown up their playoff seeding before the last game, Dalton will not start a game — period.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Generally just in practice . I think they are doing it to keep the intensity high. To whip them into playing shape. But I also think Mike wants to see what he has in each and every QB.

Not to say Mike is leaning in any one direction. But I think in his mind everyone is being given an equal opportunity to perform
The question is where are you seeing practice snaps? They aren't publishing anything.

NotForLong

Reaction score
With the exception of CD who I will not rush to make him a HOF talent just yet he had the same talent last season on offense and still flopped against every defense and team with a pulse.
Personally I believe both Jerry and Big Mike are just waiting for the best opportunity and timing to bring Dalton under center to avoid ill politics in the locker room.
Dak has proved even with the best talent around him on offense he cannot get the job done!
Yes he did struggle, you know you are preaching to the choir. But adding CD Lamb is a whole new Dynamic.

Cooper doesnt have the natural ability of CD and not to judge too harshly of Amari, but he definately doesnt have the heart. Which I think prevents Amari from being top 3 in league. Even before he was traded to the Cowboys he was sceane as being brooding and appeared to not give effort if he is in a *****y mood.

Gallup is extramely talented and a hard worker but he is nowhere near Lamb.

Lamb will catch all of Daks terrible passes

But its not either or. The Cowboys added an even greater talent to 2 great talents. Add in Jarwin over Witten and another year of Pollard with more game planning for him.

Even Wilson & Noah look much improved.

This team is even more talented then last year.

Only way we struggle is if other teams are able to confuse Dak