Twitter: Amari Cooper Highest Percentage of Dropped Passes In 2019

Proof

Reaction score
A couple of us on here got crapped on for bringing up Cooper's suspect hands and ghosting that was a huge red flag for the Raiders. Well after leading the league in drops in 2015 and 2017, not looking so good so far in 2019. Wanting to get a big contract, this isn't the best way to go about it.

For those unaware, Cooper had a terrible 2015 and 2017 with being historic with his drop rate. He was there with guys like the great Braylon Edwards and Greg Little.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”

any idea how “drop rate” is calculated? Seems like Ebrons 4 drops on 16 targets should be running away with 1st. Especially over Amaris 2 drops on 29 targets.

I know I’ve seen at least 2 drops by Cobb on his 21 targets, where is he?

Did you also forget to mention Coop is tied for the league lead in receiving TD’s?

Also who out there is a more polished route runner?

This is really silly

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's real fine& nice in knowing that Mattie J,and I wanna' extend my most fictitiously phoney " thank you"
for taking the time out of you're bissy under the wire ,sapper rat bass turd of opposition teams fandom in order to clearly illustrate your true intrinsically viewed value being displayed for all the forum members to see you for what you are,as I honestly doubt I could locate 3 posts you've made since week one( other than that one game thread I recall seeing you pissin' on the hallway carpet in):rolleyes:

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple of us on here got crapped on for bringing up Cooper's suspect hands and ghosting that was a huge red flag for the Raiders. Well after leading the league in drops in 2015 and 2017, not looking so good so far in 2019. Wanting to get a big contract, this isn't the best way to go about it.

For those unaware, Cooper had a terrible 2015 and 2017 with being historic with his drop rate. He was there with guys like the great Braylon Edwards and Greg Little.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”

Amari Cooper has a 72.4% catch rate.

Dez had a career 58% catch rate.

Julio Jones has a 62% catch rate this season.

Cooper's lowest catch rate in a game this season is 62.5%.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The bad part to me is that it seems like once he gets them, he can't shake them. I can live with a few drops (and that's all he's had so far), but too many games are too close for him to have many. Don't think they've hurt us so far this season, though ... unless I missed one against the Saints.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
T.O. Was a pretty big pas dropper also. And he was a amazing WR. Minus his personality

Proof

Reaction score

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Cooper was known for too many drops in Oakland too....it seemed he was nothing but pure money last year....its got to be a cocentration thing...i bet his foot injury hurts more then he lets on?...just a thought?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
This is nonsense. No one ever said Dez didn't work/practice hard.

"One area of focus is improving his route running, which has long been considered a weakness in his game. To that end, he has solicited help from noted route-running guru David Robinson, who has worked with Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, Denver Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders and former Cowboys receiver Brice Butler among others."

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article208519809.html

This was shortly before the Cowboys kicked him to the curb.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
#1 Cooper 29 targets (4 drops)
#10 Edelman 32 targets (2 drops)

Kind of puts a different spin when comparing %'s instead of actual drops.

In other words....lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.
big dog---- do you think we have issues with our line especially now they are going to put the sub in for Tyron?....that guy is not good straight up

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Isnt is amazing Dez numbers were so much superior despite not being as good at route-running :eek:
No....What is amazing is how one game changes everybody's perspective on this forum. Come on man, this is one game. Yes we were out coached, and out played. We lost by 2 points. Last year we beat the Saints by just a few points and everybody on here thought that we were the best team in the NFC if not the NFL, including myself. It's one game. I promise you, the Saints defense went home sore and will not play to that intensity every week, and the Cowboys can do better and will. So chill out. The sky is not falling. Cooper is still one of the best route runners in the NFL and will continue to have great games and seasons.

exciter

Reaction score

And he'll still be worth every penny of the 20+ million average contract that he gets this offseason!