Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
No draft pick, not even a first rounder is a guaranteed starter. The Giants just released Flowers last week. Maybe a fresh start is what Cooper needs. We shall see.
If Cooper is good, which he should be, and he makes Dak better, it's worth a first. It just is. Any one first can bust. Odds are Cooper won't.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I think i need to take a couple of days to digest this one before i make irrational comments :oops: My initial feeling is i would rather have the first round draft choice but i will take a moment and pause for reflection !

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Patriots get Josh Gordon for a 5th and we waste a 1st on a much less talented player.

The Dallas Cowboys in a nutshell, folks.

And that's why the Cowboys always "Want" to be the Pats but just can't get there. I agree.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is the only reason I am not totally dejected. The next franchise QB was not in next year's class. Two years from now is much more promising. And I would bet that went into the thinking here, especially since contractually we can have Dak for cheap next year too.
We will be just good enough to go 8-8. Probably not this year but next year.

ShortRound

Reaction score
lol I can picture the Jone's and the coaches high-fiving each other. lol

FanSince79

Reaction score
So our rookie wide receiver finally shows signs of catching on (3 for 81 and a TD) and being our deep threat and now Jerry decides we need a first round talent??? What on earth were you thinking Mr. Jones??? And to think, I was starting to feel positive about next year already. Sigh...

Big_D

Reaction score
Patriots get Josh Gordon for a 5th and we waste a 1st on a much less talented player.

The Dallas Cowboys in a nutshell, folks.

overspending for another WR? You just have to laugh. Jerry truly is a moron.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think i need to take a couple of days to digest this one before i make irrational comments :oops: My initial feeling is i would rather have the first round draft choice but i will take a moment and pause for reflection !
I thought the same but maybe they didn't like any wr prospects that we would have a chance at drafting in the first round this year.

revospeed

Reaction score
No draft pick, not even a first rounder is a guaranteed starter. The Giants just released Flowers last week. Maybe a fresh start is what Cooper needs. We shall see.

Very true. We have drafted well recently, but there's no guarantee that the pick will be a Zack Martin or LVE and make an immediate impact. I'd take Cooper over the Claiborne we got.

But still, it is nice to have a 1st rounder.