Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Jerry Jones could fill a library with his bad ideas over the years but there are 4 moves I can point out as the absolute worst he's ever made. They were all franchise altering in a bad way.

- Getting rid of Jimmy and destroying a dynasty. This will always be his worst decision.

- Reversing course when Parcells stepped down and gleefully going right back to weak head coaches with no authority.

- Standing pat in the 2016 draft and allowing the Eagles to move up for a truly great young QB prospect. At a time when our franchise guy was broken down and operating on fumes.

- The Amari Cooper trade. Investing what could be a top 10-15 pick in an underachieving player...but that's hardly the worst part, here is the key...and doing so as a clear sign of extending the Prescott era. They are all in on a complete bum at QB and have now lost their 1st round pick to show for it.

The 4 worst moves of the Jerry era. All franchise altering in the worst way. The Galloway and Williams trades didn't bring with it more wasted years and a God forsaken new contract to a horrible QB.

We can't even have the draft to look forward to.

Reneging on the promise to give Parcells personnel control has to be right up there. It's the reason we can't attract a good coach.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Lack of WR's and the OC will be blamed for this season.

At least 2 more years of Dak and Garrett. Hopefully less for Jerry.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Hah you guys are gonna look real silly when we go on our 9 game winning streak to close out the season

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Amari is owed like 14 million for next year. The 2019 draft is LOADED at WR. Amari hasn't been good for a season and a half now. On no planet is he worth a 1st.
In your opinion right? Also consider the fact that he missed a couple of games in 2017 but still had 680 yards and 7 TD's. Compare that to Dez in 2017 @ 838 and 6 TD's in 16 full games. I am not happy with the 1st round pick, however I'm just looking at our current situation, what's available at the end of the year, and what's in the draft.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Dwight

Reaction score
Jerry Jones could fill a library with his bad ideas over the years but there are 4 moves I can point out as the absolute worst he's ever made. They were all franchise altering in a bad way.

- Getting rid of Jimmy and destroying a dynasty. This will always be his worst decision.

- Reversing course when Parcells stepped down and gleefully going right back to weak head coaches with no authority.

- Standing pat in the 2016 draft and allowing the Eagles to move up for a truly great young QB prospect. At a time when our franchise guy was broken down and operating on fumes.

- The Amari Cooper trade. Investing what could be a top 10-15 pick in an underachieving player...but that's hardly the worst part, here is the key...and doing so as a clear sign of extending the Prescott era. They are all in on a complete bum at QB and have now lost their 1st round pick to show for it.

The 4 worst moves of the Jerry era. All franchise altering in the worst way. The Galloway and Williams trades didn't bring with it more wasted years and a God forsaken new contract to a horrible QB.

We can't even have the draft to look forward to.

He has officially destroyed this franchise.

This trade was stupid.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This is an conceitedly run organization unworthy of having that label trying to salvage a season with a band-aid for "family".

The main problems are coaching and QB, and they make a trade for a good wide receiver giving up too much who won't matter anyway because there are even bigger problems summed up in some words that saddle this organization: undeserving ego and stupidity.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Reneging on the promise to give Parcells personnel control has to be right up there. It's the reason we can't attract a good coach.

I'd argue that the Joey and RW trades were worse than this because they are. We gave up more and Amari could pan out.

No problem with trading for Cooper, just not at the capital we gave them. A second was more than enough.

Patrick

Reaction score
Nice! now all we need is a coach and a better QB.

Almost championship time!

Also, I can't wait to see Amari Cooper get overpaid or leave via free agency and we're left with nothing!

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Jerral dealt a freaking first round pick, I'm done.
1st we beg for a #1 get young Cooper that needs afresh start and when Jerry finally makes splash in FA a late season trade hilly made last year bringing in all kinds of guys we salute them..its risk but its what we were asking for , right? all the things SJ is cheap Jerry wont take risks etc etc they all just happened.. he cant be worse then Sammy Watkins we tried to get for 16mil per..can it?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am still stunned.

After that loss, to me, there were three things that would be completely stupid for the Cowboys to do this week:

1) Give Garrett an extension
2) Give Dak an extension
3) Trade a 1st for Cooper

LOL.
I now wouldn't bet against number 1 or 2.

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't wait for the press conference announcing this.

I want to hear the explanation out of this senile man's mouth.

kento40

Reaction score
depends...will the oline do their job?

Can you block 10 guys coming at you, while having a qb that can't go through his progressions due to a onset case of happy feet? The only good thing about all of this is everyone else is now pointing out his flaws as well.