Amari Cooper was overrated here. Look at the numbers

Adreme

Reaction score
I do not disagree with the cutting of Cooper but citing the recent playoff loss is not really fair when he was okay. He obviously should have been better but the problem in that game was that Lamb basically did not exist. He had one play the entire game and a crucial drop. Pollard had 2 catches for 12 yards and ran for basically nothing. Elliot had 1 catch for nothing and also ran for basically nothing. Frankly Schultz Cooper and Wilson were the only 3 who deserved the game check in the playoffs because everyone else seemingly took the game off.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A WR is only as good as the QB getting him the ball. The YAC number isn't surprising since most of the time Coops having to make circus catches on curl routes. It makes perfect sense that Dak's short yardage, dump off guys (Schultz, Pollard, Wilson) have better YAC numbers. That said, Amari isn't worth 20M on this team. We have too many other options to get any value from paying one guy that much money. When he got here, he was about the only good option. Not so anymore.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I do not disagree with the cutting of Cooper but citing the recent playoff loss is not really fair when he was okay. He obviously should have been better but the problem in that game was that Lamb basically did not exist. He had one play the entire game and a crucial drop. Pollard had 2 catches for 12 yards and ran for basically nothing. Elliot had 1 catch for nothing and also ran for basically nothing. Frankly Schultz Cooper and Wilson were the only 3 who deserved the game check in the playoffs because everyone else seemingly took the game off.

No one played good in that game but I don’t think it was because any of them just didn’t perform. The 9ers had 7 or 8 guys in coverage every single play. And without Gallup to keep them worried about the deep ball they sat on every route. The part that gets me is how ineffective our oline was against a 4-man line. Zeke was getting hit before he reached the LOS. It’s a defensive coordinators dream to be able to stuff the run and get to the qb with a 3 or 4 man rush.

NotForLong

Reaction score
How about Debo Samuels and Justin Jefferson? Top 5 receivers who have Jimmy Garropolo and Kirk Cousins throwing to them. Decent QBs at best. But those guys are stars.

Another good example of this is Allen Robinson, the Chi receiver, and Jacksonville before that. He was hurt some last year but put up 102 and 98 receptions over two seasons with people like Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky and Andy Dalton throwing to him.

Having a great QB is nice. But great receivers always seem to bubble up no matter who’s throwing it to them.
Just goes to prove how terrible Dak is at being a QB

NotForLong

Reaction score
If CeeDee fixes his bad case of the dropsies, he could legitimately become a very good #1 WR for us.

Cooper is getting cut for his own doing, not because of Dak.

There is a big reason why the Raiders were so willing to get rid of him. They certainly lucked out getting a 1st round pick by us for Cooper. Dumb Jerry.
You are the worse

NotForLong

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what he’s signed for with another team. And what we end up paying Gallup.

And then measure the difference in production versus salary.

Who thinks we’ll prob overpay Gallup and Shultz too. And they prob don’t meet those expectations. Lol
Anyone who signs here will be considered over payed . . . because their "Numbers" will be terrible because Dak sucks

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well that should be obvious, take away Dak's best receiver and Dak should do even better this year.

I don't know what went on with Dak and Cooper this year, but I don't think it was all Cooper.

I guess Cooper is the one taking the fall. Wonder who is next in line.
Kellen Moore
O-line
McCarthy
Zeke

Dak? Nah, looks like he is back to infallible again after his downturn after the crappy game against SF and pretty much the last half of the season.
UMM DLAW makes 27mil that's second on the team!

why zekes name keeps coming up when while his cap hit hurts isn't close to Dak, Dlaw, or Amari..his being released doesn't save money so it doesn't make sense that 2023 decision..AC 16mil cap savings if no trade can be made is no brainer given we have Lamb and Gallup coming back..not sure of Tanks details deal but that dude making 27mil is insane. I like his hes good player but him refusing a pay cut makes him next and its about to happen. wonder what savings we get..

read between the lines on Moore some of his duties are going to be taken from him, they wont publically give details but MM being bit on hot seat this year, he wont allow KM to have the same long leash he tried to give him by not meddling and keeping the offense dak friendly by not making many changes in the playboook, its happening this offseason, MM job being on the lines says it for sure will change. no one wanted Garrett to meddle, now everyone is burning down the HC for not meddling and along Moore some room to grow and well while the offense was ranked high many holes and weak spots maybe call it a blind spot like the run game and some in game play calls needs some attention from vet like Mcarthy, he tried to not be meddlesome now he has good picture of where KM needs help. 2020 wasn't a good year to judge missing so many players but 21 was a perfect time to really see KM strong and weak spots. MM now has to meddle-SOME :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to run qbr/yards/TDs thrown by Dak in the same games which Cooper is getting called out on. Put Cooper with Russel Wilson/Rodgers/Mahomes/Allen, we will see him
My first thoughts as well. Do we set up amari for optimal results? Or is a complete pass stat our goal?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dallas has done a horrible job of featuring their top target. Poor play design. Poor execution. Poor effort. Anyone who watches how Kupp, Tyreek Hill, Kelse, etc., get featured despite defenses keying on them, cannot say Dallas tried or did the same for or with Cooper.

He may not be Devonte Adams, but I wish Dallas will ensure their number 1 gets opportunities like Adams does in Green Bay.
Its an impossibility . . . because Dak sucks

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don’t fault Coop for anything. He is what he is. A really good/not great receiver. Jerry and Stephen were the ones telling all of us Coop was great. And they paid him like a superstar believing he was because they traded for him. They wanted it to be true and paid for it to be so.

Jerry’s GM work is more like a fan that loves his favorite players. Not a steely eyed personnel guru who knows some players aren’t as good as he hoped. I don’t “hate” Coop one bit. But he’s not as good as we’ve been sold he was.
They didn't tell us Amari was great . . . we watched the games . . . Amari got Dak paid