Twitter: Amari on if he can override rotation “guess I could if I wanted to cause a ruckus.”

links18

Reaction score
If y’all think Amari is the problem, I don’t know what to say. Get some real coaches here not some failed backup QB’s.

The verdict is out on Cooper until there is a real coaching staff here. Trouble is, his contract is up right in the middle of what should be a coaching transition.

links18

Reaction score
What does being a backup QB have to do with it?

It means he sucks and had no business being a head coach in the first place and is only here because of Daddy Jones' nostalgic love affair with the 90s Cowboys when he was sucessfull despite himself, because he had actual coaches for a few years?

tunahelper

Reaction score
This is why we need a personality like Dez. I like Amari sometimes, but no way would Dez or someone like Dez be benched in a situation like that (at least not without a fight). At least get one person like Dez to fire up this unemotional team.

The firing up has to have equal lighting up the opponents for it to mean something. Dez was fading the last couple of years.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Waste of a 1st round pick. True playmakers want to be on the field not watching from the sideline.

Him and Zeke came across as losers against the Eagles. Biggest game of the season and taking themselves out of the game? Boooo!

completely disagree with you. Sorry I want players listening to the coaching staff and not causing a screen. It’s not his fault they are idiots.

players are met to play - not over rule coaches

gmb1

Reaction score
If Dez caused a ruckus to get on the field the Zone would kill him.

Amari doesn't cause a ruckus and isn't on the field and the Zone kills him.

The zone just always out for blood.
The Zone is confusing. :huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cause a ruckus then, somebody needs to wake up these robotic, by-the-book coaches anyway. And we all know what Jason Garrett does when a ruckus breaks out:

He hides in the background until things blow over.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It means he sucks and had no business being a head coach in the first place and is only here because of Daddy Jones' nostalgic love affair with the 90s Cowboys when he was sucessfull despite himself, because he had actual coaches for a few years?
Lol, so if having been a back up pro player means a guy sucked too much to become a quality pro coach, how do you explain the successful pro coaches that were never good enough to play pro football at all or in many cases not even good enough to play college football at a high level? For that matter, name the elite NFL players that ever became quality NFL coaches. They are very few and very far between.

Face it, you’re making a nonsensical argument.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys fans want discipline, but they also want the wide receiver to overrule the coach?
Exactly. I hope Amari has a discussion with the coach about it, but making a stink through the press would be the wrong approach, and Cooper is smart enough to know that.

sideon

Reaction score
So you're trying to start something because a player did what he was told to do by his coaches and chooses not to question they're authority? Bad try!
Bull crap, The fact that he was perfectly fine with being on the sideline on the most important play of the season is a punk move.