Twitter: Amari on if he can override rotation “guess I could if I wanted to cause a ruckus.”

links18

Reaction score
Lol, so if having been a back up pro player means a guy sucked too much to become a quality pro coach, how do you explain the successful pro coaches that were never good enough to play pro football at all or in many cases not even good enough to play college football at a high level? For that matter, name the elite NFL players that ever became quality NFL coaches. They are very few and very far between.

Face it, you’re making a nonsensical argument.

No, the point is that the only thing Garrett ever really had for him in this organization was that he was a back-up QB in the 90s. He had few other qualifications to be a head coach. Yes, he won a few games after Coach Cupcake was canned. How hard was that though? But that was all Jerry need to make his boy the permanent HC for going on a decade--a decade of much mediocrity with a couple of winning seasons that ultimately went nowhere far in the post season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, the point is that the only thing Garrett ever really had for him in this organization was that he was a back-up QB in the 90s. He had few other qualifications to be a head coach. Yes, he won a few games after Coach Cupcake was canned. How hard was that though? But that was all Jerry need to make his boy the permanent HC for going on a decade--a decade of much mediocrity with a couple of winning seasons that ultimately went nowhere far in the post season.
You said being a backup QB means he sucks. It doesn’t. You are talking about a lack of experience. His status as a player is irrelevant to his performance as a coach.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
At best, Amari must now be considered injury prone. At worst, a player who lacks motivation at times, particularly on the road. But it doesn't matter because Jerry will pay for the status quo, any player, any position.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Dez has expressed interest on returning back. Not sure what he has left, but I do know he would like to continue to play in the state he grew up in and has played his entire career (NO dont count, I dont even think he played a down).

He has nothing left. He hasn't played in the NFL in 2 years. He hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2014 and hasn't had more than 10 TDs since 2014. He's a Twitter personality now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the type of guy these fans wanted though. The shut up, know your place, and dont cause a ruckus types.

Amari doesn't give a rats behind what "these fans" think. The ruckus he's talking about is his players and coaches.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Amari.. if we had a real QB, we wouldn’t even be in that situation in the first place... we’d have been up by like 25
You don’t think a poor running game contributed?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Just more drama. No accountability, no discipline, no plan in this garbage organization. Cooper is a good player that will run away from this circus as soon as he can. Guy has been hurt for weeks yet still tries to play.

links18

Reaction score
You said being a backup QB means he sucks. It doesn’t. You are talking about a lack of experience. His status as a player is irrelevant to his performance as a coach.

Its why he is here, which is what the other poster was referring to, I think.

conner01

Reaction score
This is why we need a personality like Dez. I like Amari sometimes, but no way would Dez or someone like Dez be benched in a situation like that (at least not without a fight). At least get one person like Dez to fire up this unemotional team.
Your best receiver shouldn’t have to throw a fit to be on the field in that situation
You should have a HC that understands you play your best there

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Sorry gentlemen,we need champions. This is not a champions attitude,he doesn’t care.

Praxit

Reaction score
...this trick is simple do your job, get open and catch the ball. That's all . Dallas is tied for 3rd in dropped passes.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is why we need a personality like Dez. I like Amari sometimes, but no way would Dez or someone like Dez be benched in a situation like that (at least not without a fight). At least get one person like Dez to fire up this unemotional team.
I just see Amari as trying not to get involved with the immediate changes coming.

His job is safe. He will be paid as he should. We invested a #1 pick in him. He has had 2 1000 yd seasons for us.

Last time that happened was TO and Irvin as I recall. Maybe that year we had Robinson but he left the next year but he was out of football soon thereafter.

That was a long time ago. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cooper and Dak changed a play on the fly last year and everyone was fine that it was done.

But demanding you be put on the field after the play has been called..?

No.

That is not Cooper's place.

Last edited: