Twitter: Amari on if he can override rotation “guess I could if I wanted to cause a ruckus.”

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
So is the rotation so chiseled in stone it can't be over-ridden by the boy genius OC? Bull crap. I don't care that he was having a bad game, drops, etc., he should be out there! There should be hard questions directed at Moore, and Garrett as well, about this.
That said I would expect my #1 receiver to be on his feet in front of Moore having a very definite opinion about it. If that hurts someones feelings that's too bad. I would rather have that than some here who think it's Ok to just sit down because the coach & rotation says so.
The WR lineup on that play was a joke. Both Cooper & Cobb on the bench? That's ridiculous.
It's no wonder at all this team stalls at critical times.

links18

Reaction score
Ummm, some of the BEST coaches are guys that were never stars. Had the knowledge, but not the talent. Jimmy was a overachieving guard in college. Belichick was a scrub as well. I think they did ok.

Not the point. The point is Garrett had no real qualification to be a head coach. He was give n a job because of Jerry's attachment and nostalgia to the 90s teams, when Garrett was a bit player.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Not the point. The point is Garrett had no real qualification to be a head coach. He was give n a job because of Jerry's attachment and nostalgia to the 90s teams, when Garrett was a bit player.

Ok, I agree. I think how you wrote that indicated multiple coaches, not just Garrett.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He should not have to ask to be in the game, that’s the problem.

This is exactly the point. Why on earth do you have Cobb and Amari on the sidelines with the season in the balance?

I wish Amari was a little more alpha, but you can't have it both ways. He seems to be a good guy, free of diva-ness. Everyone seemed to be ok with it when the team was winning.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I don’t want Cooper to get elite money because he’s not elite.. he’s a great number 2 and for stretches a great number 1. But he has to be 100% healthy, have his lunch with snacks, have a perfect game plan, go against scrubs and play at home.

Big_D

Reaction score
If your best guy isn’t out there in the most important situation of the season, that’s a pretty clear indication coaching sucks. I understand rotating players, but there’s a time when you don’ and this was that time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the question I still dont get is why is this coaching staff not featuring him?

I guarantee you that Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley wont have their best WR riding the pine with the game on the line.

The offense is a mess and had been most of the season. Obviously, they run a substitution system to keep guys fresh and it takes precedence over common sense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t want Cooper to get elite money because he’s not elite.. he’s a great number 2 and for stretches a great number 1. But he has to be 100% healthy, have his lunch with snacks, have a perfect game plan, go against scrubs and play at home.

Its hard to dominate from the WR position against good defenses when your QB isn't making accurate throws.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
the whole team seems depleted and no passion. Coaching staff needs to change that. losing hw we've lost can make or break a team and it clearly broke us

visionary

Reaction score

this team is full of passive aggressive divas with no guts

no, Amari, you don’t “cause a ruckus” on game day, if you want to be “the man” and be in the game in those situations you tell the coaching staff on Monday or Tuesday that you want that. You are the best WR on this team, need to grow up if you want to be paid like a #1

this is becoming such an unlikable bunch of players

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If your best guy isn’t out there in the most important situation of the season, that’s a pretty clear indication coaching sucks. I understand rotating players, but there’s a time when you don’ and this was that time.
I agree, fans can blame the players but the entire staff was all in on the play called. The players failed to execute, but the coaching didn't put them in position to succeed. As usual.

Big_D

Reaction score
I agree, fans can blame the players but the entire staff was all in on the play called. The players failed to execute, but the coaching didn't put them in position to succeed. As usual.

It's ridiculous. Even if he's out there as a decoy? No Cobb, no Jarwin. They weren't really trying too hard. 4th and 8 season on the line and they treat it like any other play. Like it's the 3 quarter in a September game. Mind boggling stuff. All or nothing and it's always nothing.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's ridiculous. Even if he's out there as a decoy? No Cobb, no Jarwin. They weren't really trying too hard. 4th and 8 season on the line and they treat it like any other play. Like it's the 3 quarter in a September game. Mind boggling stuff. All or nothing and it's always nothing.
Didn't we have timeouts? I mean, we're notorious for NOT using them at opportune times, they save them up until the last couple of minutes out of desperation. You're basically telling the other team we're probably going to crap the bed. So if a player is exhausted, call a timeout! If it's down to a single play, call a timeout! How many games have lost in the very end because the play calling was just plain awful? I can think of a bunch.
I always remember Terrell Davis in the Super Bowl, he had a migraine so bad he couldn't see, but the HC had enough presence of mind to keep him the game because he would still be considered a threat. So he played anyway.

We don't have that sense of urgency. JG is too laid back and conservative.