Twitter: Amari on if he can override rotation “guess I could if I wanted to cause a ruckus.”

Mr_437

Reaction score
For years Dez Bryant was called a thug and whatever else fans wanted to call him, for doing exactly what Witten does now. Witten has been on video screaming at Kellen Moore in 2 different games, recently, but that's not considered devisive, right?

I've mentioned this about two weeks ago, and all I heard was crickets.

Someone mentioned Dez skills were deteriorating like that made it too much to keep him since he was cutting up on the sidelines. Well, Witten skills have eroded and nothing.

Mofos want it both ways...trash Amari, trash Dez...but don't say $hit about Thug Witten. Just pointing out the obvious since 95% of you play like y'all dont see it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I appreciate his candor. I'm pretty sure Michael Irvin would've said "Bleep, the rotation. Our season is on the line. I need to go make a play."

Amari is a talented player but will never be a leader and seems to disappear when things aren't going his way. It's just his personality.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, some of us are such idiots, it’s comical.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Cooper just doesn't have the personality to force the issue and I'm not going to blame him for that. This is all on the coaches.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I appreciate his candor. I'm pretty sure Michael Irvin would've said "Bleep, the rotation. Our season is on the line. I need to go make a play."

Amari is a talented player but will never be a leader and seems to disappear when things aren't going his way. It's just his personality.
Yeah,he’s a follower. And I’m not paying $14-16 mil a year for a guy who’s doesn’t play big on the road either. If Dallas is smart they better lower those numbers down a lot,if they do sign him.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
It means he sucks and had no business being a head coach in the first place and is only here because of Daddy Jones' nostalgic love affair with the 90s Cowboys when he was sucessfull despite himself, because he had actual coaches for a few years?

Ummm, some of the BEST coaches are guys that were never stars. Had the knowledge, but not the talent. Jimmy was a overachieving guard in college. Belichick was a scrub as well. I think they did ok.

willia451

Reaction score
What kind of "ruckus" would Witten cause? Since you are using him to prove a point, surely there's some reference.

I was at a game in the old Texas Stadium when TO was on the team. The woman in front of me kept saying how much she didn't like TO because he was uppity and caused problems.

He scored a TD and she cheered. So I asked her did she like him now? She said No.

Later in the game he scored another TD. And she cheered again. So I asked her did she like him now? She still said...........No. Even though that was the game winning TD for the Cowboys that day.

I said he just scored two TDs in this game and we won. How can you not like him? What is not to like?

She said..............he's one of those uppity ones.

Sad that still exists in this day and age. But it does.

My point is I have seen other players that don't look like TO. But look more like Witten, cause a "ruckus" on the sidelines. With coaches. But they get praised for their passion for the game.

So you have to be careful in the NFL to make sure you are not tagged as one of those uppity ones. I think that's what AC was trying to hint at.

Just my opinion.

Verdict

Reaction score
This is why we need a personality like Dez. I like Amari sometimes, but no way would Dez or someone like Dez be benched in a situation like that (at least not without a fight). At least get one person like Dez to fire up this unemotional team.

We need a guy like Dez like we need another hole in the head.

Qcard

Reaction score
He shouldn't have to ask. The coaches should have him in the game!
Yes sir! A competent coaching staff would demand that their best players should be on the field and perform at high level....but this is Garrett's outfit..."We do what we do":facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sorry. Thats a pretty lame response from your supposed #1 WR.

The coaches told him to take a seat on the bench...……….he did what he was told.

How exactly is that a lame response, he is just telling the truth of what happened.

Maybe the question you should be asking is why did this coaching staff tell Cooper to take a seat on the bench for a 4th down play with the season on the line?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bull crap, The fact that he was perfectly fine with being on the sideline on the most important play of the season is a punk move.
The coaches told him to take a seat, what the hell was he supposed to do? Go over and slap the headset off Jason Garrett?

For the 1000th time, why is our #1 WR who is looking for $16-$18 million a season told to go sit down on the bench for the most important play of the season?

Does Julio Jones have to go ask to be in the game? I am looking around the league and I dont see other team's number 1 WR having to ask to be in the game, so why the hell is it happening here in Dallas?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want to see more leadership and fight in a #1 WR. He seems okay with not being featured. Wasted 1st round pick.