Twitter: Amazing reports on Dak Prescott's injury recovery

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The recovery time on a broken ankle is 8 months.

He wont be playing football until July.

He has to learn how to walk again after the cast is removed.

Why do people keep posting this? There is no bone in your body that takes 8 months to heal.

The time off your feet is 4-6 weeks while the bone heals. As soon as the bone heals 6 weeks of PT is the average.. We know that Dak had pins put in to aid in proper alignment during healing. This will also speed his healing. If all goes well he will be able to begin PT in early-December. Seeing as how he is a finely tuned athlete and not some fat tub o lard middle aged couch potato I would wager his recovery would be on the low end of the spectrum as opposed longer.. Dak will probably be cleared to begin a full workload on that thing by the end of January. People wishing for it to be longer are going to be disappointed.

Learn how to walk again? Really? You think 6 weeks in a cast makes you forget how to walk? Where do you people come up with this stuff? He's probably already in a walking boot. I mean it HAS been 5 weeks..

Tussinman

Reaction score
I didn’t expect anything less honestly.
Agreed. Young, motivated, good athlete, best doctors in the sport.

Another big advantage of La'el, Tyron, and Dak was having surgery early in the season vs later (doesn't sound like a big deal but the difference between an early october surgery vs an early January surgery is gigantic in the NFL in regards to roster mangement and off-season avalibility)

cern

Reaction score
Why do people keep posting this? There is no bone in your body that takes 8 months to heal.

The time off your feet is 4-6 weeks while the bone heals. As soon as the bone heals 6 weeks of PT is the average.. We know that Dak had pins put in to aid in proper alignment during healing. This will also speed his healing. If all goes well he will be able to begin PT in early-December. Seeing as how he is a finely tuned athlete and not some fat tub o lard middle aged couch potato I would wager his recovery would be on the low end of the spectrum as opposed longer.. Dak will probably be cleared to begin a full workload on that thing by the end of January. People wishing for it to be longer are going to be disappointed.

Learn how to walk again? Really? You think 6 weeks in a cast makes you forget how to walk? Where do you people come up with this stuff? He's probably already in a walking boot. I mean it HAS been 5 weeks..
It was a compound fracture. Ergo he has screws and a plate. The hardware remains. He'll be fine for next season, but won't be playing this year.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
cool it makes it easier to trade him for a 1st and 2nd and maybe a 3rd as we get either Justin Fields or even Lawrence.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
cool it makes it easier to trade him for a 1st and 2nd and maybe a 3rd as we get either Justin Fields or even Lawrence.

I like Fields, wouldn't walk across the street to watch Clemson Barbie, but none of it matters. Neither will be wearing a Cowboys uniform in 2021.

Jerry doesn't care about your fantasies, or the fantasies of anyone else here.

Proof

Reaction score

replace smoked with fizzed

7ffe45f0cbe369bfba7ff59f298437ed.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great news! Dak is ahead of schedule and is working hard to fully recover.

If the Cowboys by some miracle are able to win the division and make the playoffs in January, plus if Dak is able to miraculously play on his ankle/leg, should the Cowboys play him?

:popcorn:

:espn:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry better sign that mega-deal the Dak attack is being re-born baby!
Giants and D.C. watch out the Dak man is coming back!!!:muttley:

P.S.Where are going to find room to accommodate those additional Superbowl trophies Dak will win???:banghead:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's all hope Stephen's words are fact and not just premature hype. I'm sure Dak is doing all he can to recover quickly, though. He's young and likely to recover well, although serious injuries can be troublesome, over time. Anyhow, so far, so good. It's great to hear he's doing well.

Last edited: