Amazon Prime Broadcast Sucks!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on with the picture quality for Amazon but you’re right it sucks

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
And this varies from region to region...I had a lot of buffering freezes! I was getting notifications on my phone of the game score BEFORE the actual score!
Buffering isn't unique to Prime though. There's been issues with that on YouTube as well.

Lag definitely isn't just a Prime problem. I can watch odds change on DraftKings live odds move and guess what happened on a play before I see it on YoutubeTV lol

Plankton

Reaction score
I have AT&T fiber so that can’t be it.
Sure it can. It's public internet. You don't have a private fiber circuit going to your home - it rides a public pipe for your neighborhood, and is broken out individually to people's homes. The amount of traffic on the line impacts your quality.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
I just bought the. Bower and Wilkins 703 S2. With the Marantz Cinema 60. The speakers sound better than the 703 S3. And they are half the price right now.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I agree. I shut it off in the 2nd quarter because the picture quality was giving me a headache.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sure it can. It's public internet. You don't have a private fiber circuit going to your home - it rides a public pipe for your neighborhood, and is broken out individually to people's homes. The amount of traffic on the line impacts your quality.
Well come on over and hook me up! I’ll buy the beer!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, it’s definitely prime video. I have Verizon gigabyte. Fiber optic. I don’t have a problem with anything other than prime. I use Apple TV.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I cut the cord and switched to Fubo and was worried streaming would suck but their quality is really good, hardly ever lags or freezes.

Last night the feed would keep locking up, switch to 480p, was dark, etc. It is truly awful, especially in the first half.

We aren't all having internet issues, I am sure some have a good quality feed from Amazon but you have to remember the feeds are somewhat local so we are all streaming from different servers.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
And don’t forget that you have to pay for almost any movie worth a crap! Smh…
I won't do it anymore - that is, pay for anything on Prime video. I'd sooner pay for the disc and get a reliably great playback.

Prime (the whole service) is worth it (imo) for the free shipping alone. But if it wasn't for that, I would not pay for it.

Aven8

Reaction score
I won't do it anymore - that is, pay for anything on Prime video. I'd sooner pay for the disc and get a reliably great playback.

Prime (the whole service) is worth it (imo) for the free shipping alone. But if it wasn't for that, I would not pay for it.
Same. Nothing like getting something same day that would sometimes have taken just as long had you driven to get it. They’ve got that down….the TV part needs a lot of work

Plankton

Reaction score
No, it’s definitely prime video. I have Verizon gigabyte. Fiber optic. I don’t have a problem with anything other than prime. I use Apple TV.
I had none of the issues that anyone here is referencing. My picture was clean all night with zero buffering or macroblocking. Looked/sounded no different than OTA or cable.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I watch all the games using an over the air antenna, "rabbit ears." But you can't with this one game on Prime. Streaming is usually 2 or 3 plays behind, but Prime is about 5 plays behind. I follow Twitter during the game and knew when a scoring play was coming.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Must be people's internet connection at home - the video quality I had last night was excellent, and had no issues. The halftime/post game show is awful, but the signal/stream quality was not a problem for me.
I didn't have any issues either. But, I never tried rewinding, or other functions of that nature. Never had any issues with freezing or buffering. I thought my picture looked good, but then again, I'm not an electronics engineer. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had none of the issues that anyone here is referencing. My picture was clean all night with zero buffering or macroblocking. Looked/sounded no different than OTA or cable.
I’m happy for you seriously. It’s not all the time. I had no issues last night myself either, but sometimes it just likes to lag.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watch all the games using an over the air antenna, "rabbit ears." But you can't with this one game on Prime. Streaming is usually 2 or 3 plays behind, but Prime is about 5 plays behind. I follow Twitter during the game and knew when a scoring play was coming.
Even DIRECTV is like two plays behind. I use OTA antenna whenever I can great digital picture.

Aftershock

Reaction score
I prefer the bland commentary. Commentary should be objective and just state facts. Straightforward and to the point. Maybe some nice insights and tidbits here and there. When you have guys constantly gushing over the players like Cris and Tony it becomes so unbearingly cringe. Literally every time anyone makes a play even if it’s a 3 yd rush someone has to talk about how good that players is and go into his family and high school and all that junk. No one cares. Just call the play and have a more nuanced analysis of the game.

You can tell Al is just there for the $. Kirk is uninteresting. But overall it beats the cringe of Cris and Tony. Although Tony does provide some good analysis here and there the constant gushing over a player is very cringe.

Take me back to pat and madden days

Plankton

Reaction score
I’m happy for you seriously. It’s not all the time. I had no issues last night myself either, but sometimes it just likes to lag.
Anything that streams is going to lag. The conversion to an HLS or RTMP stream when factoring in packet loss while maintaining a constant stream requires delay to make it work. In excess of :30 to 1:30, depending on the technology being used or error correction factored in.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Must be people's internet connection at home - the video quality I had last night was excellent, and had no issues. The halftime/post game show is awful, but the signal/stream quality was not a problem for me.
We have FIOS 1GB service, and our neighborhood is literally in the backyard of the previous Verizon mega-campus in Ashburn, VA. All houses in our neighborhood are fiber straight into the house. All Cat5 - Cat7 ethernet to our TVs, and the amplifier. Router is their newest model, < 2 years old. And it's not like we have a dozen teenagers all streaming individual stuff, it's just the 4 of us.

So I don't think it's hardware. It's a software decision to compress the bejeebus out of the content, and I'm just not sure why. I doubt it's saving AMZ all that much $$.