Amazon Prime Broadcast Sucks!

Mark

Reaction score
AL is a true professional. The issue is you have a college guy doing an NFL broadcast in Herbstreit. It shows. He tries to embarrass AL I notice and its a bit juvenile at times, not very entertaining. Its boring. AL can stay. We need to find him a better sidekick.
I've always enjoyed Al Michaels...a true pro indeed.

Every time Herbstreit speaks off-camera, I could swear it's Dan Dierdorf. The similarity in their voices is uncanny.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, I'm an android guy, but stream using an Apple box. The picture is usually amazing as I thought it was last light.

I use a Bluesound BluOS streamer for music.
I use Spotify. I’m gonna try the blue sound.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, I'm an android guy, but stream using an Apple box. The picture is usually amazing as I thought it was last light.

OMG that’s expensive. I have the Marantz cinema 60s with heroes. I was using tidal with military discount. $10 a month Spotify seems to have the better library.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Worse than Herbstreit is Greg Olsen, I think. I swear, every time he does a Dallas game, he says "Can Dak exorcise those redzone demons." Then he tries to be Professor Olsen. He never shuts up and just needs to call the game. He thinks he needs to be the smartest guy in the booth, and its rather irritating. Crazy thing is, Dak IS scoring often, and he isn't the issue. The issue, if we have 1, is the run game and the physicality defensively. He is far from the problem. But I guess they need to manufacture some Dak Drama. It sells.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Worse than Herbstreit is Greg Olsen, I think. I swear, every time he does a Dallas game, he says "Can Dak exorcise those redzone demons." Then he tries to be Professor Olsen. He never shuts up and just needs to call the game. He thinks he needs to be the smartest guy in the booth, and its rather irritating. Crazy thing is, Dak IS scoring often, and he isn't the issue. The issue, if we have 1, is the run game and the physicality defensively. He is far from the problem. But I guess they need to manufacture some Dak Drama. It sells.
I do not like Greg Olsen, he hates us. I don’t care what anybody says.

BigD5

Reaction score
It’s dumb in 2023 that you can’t watch a stand alone Thursday night football game unless you have Amazon prime. I hate that the NFL seems to be going to that model for broadcasting games

Also, Al Michaels as great as he’s been in his career, needs to retire. Herbstreit said on PMT this week that Al still gets excited but the games have been lackluster. But last nights game was very exciting and it still didn’t seem to move the needle for Al. He was still very boring during an otherwise very lively game

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
That's to bad. I just bought a Sony 75" Smart TV and I had no problems watching the game last night. No issues with the picture and everything was clear as could be. I just got onto Amazon (my neighbor helped me because I have never watched a Thursday game until last night because it was the Cowboys) and had no problems.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
The only thing that I thought might be cool was the optional stats screen with Next Gen Stats. I was watching on my office monitors, not sure if that's on a Smart TV Prime App. But found them lacking because they only show one player in each category.

Why does Amazon not show timeouts? That killed me at end of game with the back-and-forth. Want to know what each team faces.

And yes, the ex-players feel clunky, uncomfortable, and no chemistry, although they did better job with postgame show. (Or maybe I was just in better mood from the win LOL)

Hard to remember what Fox Sports was like when it first got the NFL, but I do remember they pulled in Madden and others right away so it couldn't have been this rough.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I do not like Greg Olsen, he hates us. I don’t care what anybody says.
I respect that. At least you own it. Many on here just say things and dance around it. I don't like him either. I think its jealousy with many Ex players when they call Dallas games. They try to conceal it as "demons" but really its just their own personal thoughts. True or made up. The msm in sports regurgitates a false narrative, then they circulate it to each other as if they have a source, when the source all along is THE MEDIA. Its gaslighting 101. Repeat something enough, it becomes the universal truth, regardless if its actually true or not.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It’s dumb in 2023 that you can’t watch a stand alone Thursday night football game unless you have Amazon prime. I hate that the NFL seems to be going to that model for broadcasting games

Also, Al Michaels as great as he’s been in his career, needs to retire. Herbstreit said on PMT this week that Al still gets excited but the games have been lackluster. But last nights game was very exciting and it still didn’t seem to move the needle for Al. He was still very boring during an otherwise very lively game
eventually the greed will be their undoing, then these Thursday and Monday games will all be free again. In time, u watch. Th economy is crap. Folks wont stand for this much longer. If we wanna watch ball, we will wait for it to be free again. And it will. The level of greed must end.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I respect that. At least you own it. Many on here just say things and dance around it. I don't like him either. I think its jealousy with many Ex players when they call Dallas games. They try to conceal it as "demons" but really its just their own personal thoughts. True or made up. The msm in sports regurgitates a false narrative, then they circulate it to each other as if they have a source, when the source all along is THE MEDIA. Its gaslighting 101. Repeat something enough, it becomes the universal truth, regardless if its actually true or not.
It’s like Prescott, so many people fans hate him because of the media they can’t make up their own minds. Like try being an individual people always a pleasure my cowboy brother.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's to bad. I just bought a Sony 75" Smart TV and I had no problems watching the game last night. No issues with the picture and everything was clear as could be. I just got onto Amazon (my neighbor helped me because I have never watched a Thursday game until last night because it was the Cowboys) and had no problems.
I love Sony TV. The picture is the best. In my opinion I only have a 55 inch but it’s perfect for my room. I’m about the sound. The surround sound. That’s where I put the dollars.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Tablo have you heard anything about it. Record live TV with no subscription. I’m thinking for $99. It’s my Christmas present.