Amazon Prime Broadcast Sucks!

Acheman08

Reaction score
Is it me or is the sound also...boring...too? Maybe they are keeping the crowd noise way down or something, idk, its just quiet. Could just be me.

Plankton

Reaction score
We have FIOS 1GB service, and our neighborhood is literally in the backyard of the previous Verizon mega-campus in Ashburn, VA. All houses in our neighborhood are fiber straight into the house. All Cat5 - Cat7 ethernet to our TVs, and the amplifier. Router is their newest model, < 2 years old. And it's not like we have a dozen teenagers all streaming individual stuff, it's just the 4 of us.

So I don't think it's hardware. It's a software decision to compress the bejeebus out of the content, and I'm just not sure why. I doubt it's saving AMZ all that much $$.
Keep in mind that your 1GB service is not 1GB all the time - it's up to 1GB (check the fine print of your contract). The fiber going into each person's home is broken out from a hub that is public internet. The "last mile" to your home is private, but the rest of the path is not. Depending on the traffic in their network, it can cause fluctuations in your QOS at home. Unless you have contracted private fiber from Verizon (and being that it would run, in all likelihood, over $1000 per month, I doubt that you have), you will be prone to the ebbs and flows of public internet and Verizon network issues.

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought it was just me. I hate watching Thursday night games on Prime. I had the game on without sound most of the night. But there is just something about the telecast that looks amateurish.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anything that streams is going to lag. The conversion to an HLS or RTMP stream when factoring in packet loss while maintaining a constant stream requires delay to make it work. In excess of :30 to 1:30, depending on the technology being used or error correction factored in.
I just went and cleared the cachet. Mine is perfect.

Rayman70

Reaction score
AL is a true professional. The issue is you have a college guy doing an NFL broadcast in Herbstreit. It shows. He tries to embarrass AL I notice and its a bit juvenile at times, not very entertaining. Its boring. AL can stay. We need to find him a better sidekick.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Keep in mind that your 1GB service is not 1GB all the time - it's up to 1GB (check the fine print of your contract). The fiber going into each person's home is broken out from a hub that is public internet. The "last mile" to your home is private, but the rest of the path is not. Depending on the traffic in their network, it can cause fluctuations in your QOS at home. Unless you have contracted private fiber from Verizon (and being that it would run, in all likelihood, over $1000 per month, I doubt that you have), you will be prone to the ebbs and flows of public internet and Verizon network issues.
True, but it’s very close. 800 GB is the least I’ve received. I have no issues whatsoever.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, I had a totally different feeling. I thought the game picture was good. I have an older 70" without all the smart BS.
I don’t like smart TVs. I like a streaming device. I think Apple is the best. A little pricey, but. That’s my entertain. OTA antenna. Pictures amazing. Cut out all the middle baloney.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea their streaming quality isn't good but the crew is. Sherman kind of sucks but the rest of them are good.

TNF - like others - just has too many bodies at the desk. Tony, Fitz and Whitworth would be an excellent group.
At least Charissa making up reports

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What's crazy to me is that, if I am watching it on my living room TV, I have no issues. However, if I wanted to watch it on my desktop in my mancave (I throw the game up on my second screen so I can hang out in the Game Thread), the picture quality is atrocious. It was constantly pixelating and just looking horrible. I know it's not my internet as I can stream any other platform just fine (including Peacock for SNF).

Also, I love Al Michaels (guy is a legend), but I am not a big fan of Kirk Herbstreit on the NFL level.

John813

Reaction score
don't worry amazon will release Prime + Deluxe for a low price of 9.99 a month on top of your prime membership for true 4k resolution and clarity*

*Only if it's a full moon and no existing conflicts are happening around the world.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
I agree with you on the panel, but I didn't have any problem with the colors at all. I didn't use the rewind or ff, so I can't comment with any authority on that.

What bothered me most was the music drowning out everyone almost the whole pregame. Loud, bad music.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t like smart TVs. I like a streaming device. I think Apple is the best. A little pricey, but. That’s my entertain. OTA antenna. Pictures amazing. Cut out all the middle baloney.
Yeah, I'm an android guy, but stream using an Apple box. The picture is usually amazing as I thought it was last light.

I use a Bluesound BluOS streamer for music.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Couldn’t agree more. I had to pause the game for about 15 minutes. When I came back it went to the live spot and not where I left off. Rewinding it was difficult as well. Just not great functionality.
It probably only allows the pause feature for a certain length of time.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Prime (video) sucks in general. It's the single worst of the many streaming services we've used. Especially their on-demand movies: picture quality drops to below 1970's-era resolution at times (super-duper-hyper compression), and the audio is never in 5.1 surround.
The game was 5.1 last night. Some of you complaining about the stream likely have weak internet.

foofighters

Reaction score
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
and yet, MNF is worse. You wanna talk about clowns, bspn is filled with nothing but clowns. I was actually pleasantly surprised with TNF. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mine was fine, not as crisp like on Fox but well enough. I get more problems on YouTube TV with ST than Prime.