Amazon Prime Broadcast Sucks!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
I don't care if it's on Ham radio....football never sucks. If you listen to the announcers or worry about the picture...lol!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I understand all that, and I'm not trying to be argumentative here.

But if I have the same one streaming device that I use for eight different streaming apps, and only one has problems, how is that the fault of the internet speed/quality or the streaming device?

It's not. It's the fault of the company for putting out a crappy app that doesn't function properly where every other app does.
Or the device manufacturer may be poor about staying on top of updates.

Brax

Reaction score
I have AT&T fiber so that can’t be it.
I have xfinity 400 and have no issues tv set at 1080 for all services 65” crystal clear no lag if you have gig fiber you have other issues. Amazon is one of the best streaming services.

vlad

Reaction score
this is shocking to hear - I wish all games were on Amazon.

Their hdr stream is like sitting on the field. all of us watching kept commenting on that. I’ve never had a more clear picture other than like pure 4K content.

color, picture, etc was beautiful on both a 4k tv and on a very old 1080p hdtv.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
What's crazy to me is that, if I am watching it on my living room TV, I have no issues. However, if I wanted to watch it on my desktop in my mancave (I throw the game up on my second screen so I can hang out in the Game Thread), the picture quality is atrocious. It was constantly pixelating and just looking horrible. I know it's not my internet as I can stream any other platform just fine (including Peacock for SNF).

I have the exact problem.

vlad

Reaction score
I had none of the issues that anyone here is referencing. My picture was clean all night with zero buffering or macroblocking. Looked/sounded no different than OTA or cable.
Mine looked markedly better, like the hdr Aram it is. This is through Roku on two separate devices on wifi. It’s grainy for a few seconds to buffer and then it’s by far the clearest picture I’ve seen NFL in.

Maybe it’s device specific. My brother has whatever is on LG tvs, works as expected there too.

Hopefully they sort it out

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I understand all that, and I'm not trying to be argumentative here.

But if I have the same one streaming device that I use for eight different streaming apps, and only one has problems, how is that the fault of the internet speed/quality or the streaming device?

It's not. It's the fault of the company for putting out a crappy app that doesn't function properly where every other app does.
Can you uninstall and reboot and then reinstall?

Big_D

Reaction score
You got to click FF or RW one frame at a time if you hold it down for even a few seconds 10 minutes could fly by. It’s definitely ridiculous. No where near the convenience of the DVR. Other than that hiccup everything else seemed ok.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
The use interface for Prime is horrible. When you rewind or fast forward, its an educated guess where you are in the game. That damn remote is to small for big hands. There are several other things but I will spare everyone.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Guys blaming Amazon for their weak internet connection. When other people are having no problem with a streaming service, but you are, it ain't the streaming service.
I do have crappy internet service BUT how do you explain the difference in picture quality between Amazon and Hulu? Hulu is fine while Amazon sucks.

JustChip

Reaction score
I respect that. At least you own it. Many on here just say things and dance around it. I don't like him either. I think its jealousy with many Ex players when they call Dallas games. They try to conceal it as "demons" but really its just their own personal thoughts. True or made up. The msm in sports regurgitates a false narrative, then they circulate it to each other as if they have a source, when the source all along is THE MEDIA. Its gaslighting 101. Repeat something enough, it becomes the universal truth, regardless if its actually true or not.
And then fans pick it up and perpetuate the narrative. And it’s not limited to sports. Individual, critical thinking is largely non-existent.

Now, regarding the thread subject, I refuse to subscribe to streaming services. In part because I live in the country and have limited internet. Fortunately, I live in the local broadcast area and get the games I don’t go to via the network broadcast. I feel for you folks that don’t have that.

erod

Reaction score
It's by far the best picture quality out there if you have enough wifi speed. Fiber 1 GB here.

But many do not, which isn't good for the brand.

Gorgon

Reaction score
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
I like to record the games---esp if I'm in and out of the room---but I couldn't find a way to record. If you know how, let me know.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Can you uninstall and reboot and then reinstall?
I guess I could try, but I know it's updated because the interface is slightly different than before.

Like I said at first, it's actually better than it was last year... but it's still very sub-par. I'm guessing people who watch movies and shows just don't need to rewind and FF 10 or 15 seconds at a time, so it's not usually an issue. But for sports, it is.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal now since we're through with it this year anyway. I don't care enough about most Thursday night games to do that. (And my picture quality is perfectly fine, no issues with that at all.)

And @Gorgon... I don't think there's a way to record them, but the replay is available. You do have to look for it a little bit, though.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m in Richmond, Va. I’ve had no problems of any kind with Thursday night games. My picture has been perfect. Since it’s streaming, I wonder if the signal is stronger in some areas than others.