Amazon Prime Broadcast Sucks!

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guys blaming Amazon for their weak internet connection. When other people are having no problem with a streaming service, but you are, it ain't the streaming service.
It’s not the internet. I am having the same issue too, and I have NO issues with other services like youtubetv.

I have the absolute fastest internet available, and Prime TNF is glitchy, laggy, and fuzzy. Then it will all of a sudden clear up and play perfectly fine.

I will repeat again. IT IS NOT A PERSONAL INTERNET ISSUE. This doesn’t all of a sudden happen to numerous people but doesn’t happen with other platforms. A friend in a nearby town told me the same thing happened to them during the game (they have a different internet provider).

It must be a regional Amazon server issue or something. Some regions seem to be having issues, and some are having none at all.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Watching games on Amazon Prime can be tricky If you accidentally switch to another tab and back or refresh it doesn't readily catch up to current live time. The play by play was like we were watching a Seattle home game and that panel of mostly former players is a joke. Sherman was orgasming all over himself about the Seahawks success in the first half since he picked them to win the game. You know what sucks worse, the youtube NFL Sunday streaming package of games. You have to jump through hoops if you have a browser other than Chrome, at times the resolution degrades especially if you go full picture, it's over priced. I wish Directv still had it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I had no problems whatsoever on my 65" oled. Image quality was top notch and the commentators were alright. You guys are just complaining for the sake of complaining.
yeah we have nothing better to do, get a life!!! We're allowed to complain, just because your life is perfect and things work out well for you, it doesn't mean everyone else's is the same!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s not the internet. I am having the same issue too, and I have NO issues with other services like youtubetv.

I have the absolute fastest internet available, and Prime TNF is glitchy, laggy, and fuzzy. Then it will all of a sudden clear up and play perfectly fine.

I will repeat again. IT IS NOT A PERSONAL INTERNET ISSUE. This doesn’t all of a sudden happen to numerous people but doesn’t happen with other platforms. A friend in a nearby town told me the same thing happened to them during the game (they have a different internet provider).

It must be a regional Amazon server issue or something. Some regions seem to be having issues, and some are having none at all.
Thank you!!!! Some don't seem to understand

onetrickpony

Reaction score
I was having problems with stuttering during the broadcast that i thought was a Prime issue. As a last ditch effort, I swapped from my Visio TV to my Samsung. Same connection, same Internet, same room in the house. The stream was smooth as silk, no stuttering and the picture quality improved, too.

I have had other problem with Visio, I won't be buying any more of them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s dumb in 2023 that you can’t watch a stand alone Thursday night football game unless you have Amazon prime. I hate that the NFL seems to be going to that model for broadcasting games

Also, Al Michaels as great as he’s been in his career, needs to retire. Herbstreit said on PMT this week that Al still gets excited but the games have been lackluster. But last nights game was very exciting and it still didn’t seem to move the needle for Al. He was still very boring during an otherwise very lively game
Probably doesn't want to encourage his booth buddy.

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what would make up for this? This isn't a popular opinion either. If they had an option to turn off the commentators. All other sound on. My God I would love that.

BTW, does anyone watch the game in prime vision? You definitely need a big screen to watch it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only thing that I thought might be cool was the optional stats screen with Next Gen Stats. I was watching on my office monitors, not sure if that's on a Smart TV Prime App. But found them lacking because they only show one player in each category.

Why does Amazon not show timeouts? That killed me at end of game with the back-and-forth. Want to know what each team faces.

And yes, the ex-players feel clunky, uncomfortable, and no chemistry, although they did better job with postgame show. (Or maybe I was just in better mood from the win LOL)

Hard to remember what Fox Sports was like when it first got the NFL, but I do remember they pulled in Madden and others right away so it couldn't have been this rough.
XPJzzFm.png

Hadenough

Reaction score
Its been getting better. I use to get buffering and now I don't get any. I don't usually get the dark picture but have had it once or twice.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's weird to be how some people here almost take criticism of Prime personally and start blaming the viewer for not having good enough internet, living in Podunkville, etc.

I stream all kind of apps, and none of them have the FF and Rewind issues that Prime has. None. And my picture quality is fine.

So it's not the internet, it's the Prime app. It's unacceptable. How can one of the biggest, richest companies in the world have a worse app than some low-budget startups?

Makes me wonder if they didn't do this on purpose. Maybe if FF and rewind is such a pain, people will give up on it and won't use it... and will therefore see more ads.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
eventually the greed will be their undoing, then these Thursday and Monday games will all be free again. In time, u watch. Th economy is crap. Folks wont stand for this much longer. If we wanna watch ball, we will wait for it to be free again. And it will. The level of greed must end.
There's too many bad games this year. I've seen about 3 or 4 that actually were exciting. I can't count how many times I had to watch the awful NY Jets. They are spreading themselves too thin. I never really watched many of the Thursday games anyway so I'm not missing much. I hate the Europe games. I barely watch any of them. What made the NFL so big in the first place was the limited number of games we saw a week. Give the fans wanting more.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I have no problem with Al Michaels and his sidekick but the woman who kept interjecting needlessly with tidbits , oh boy .

:facepalm:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Must be people's internet connection at home - the video quality I had last night was excellent, and had no issues. The halftime/post game show is awful, but the signal/stream quality was not a problem for me.
The picture quality is pretty good on streaming with my Xbox Series S. The native based Prime Video loaded on my Samsung TV… is less so. Maybe it’s a device issue?

Aven8

Reaction score
It's weird to be how some people here almost take criticism of Prime personally and start blaming the viewer for not having good enough internet, living in Podunkville, etc.

I stream all kind of apps, and none of them have the FF and Rewind issues that Prime has. None. And my picture quality is fine.

So it's not the internet, it's the Prime app. It's unacceptable. How can one of the biggest, richest companies in the world have a worse app than some low-budget startups?

Makes me wonder if they didn't do this on purpose. Maybe if FF and rewind is such a pain, people will give up on it and won't use it... and will therefore see more ads.
Like 58 subway commercials? Lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Apps are not universal across devices.

Samsung TV prime app, LG Prime app, Vizio prime app, Roku prime app, Shield TV prime app (etc. etc.) are all different.

And even with the same brand tv, the different models can have differing versions of the app.

This goes for youtube, netflix, hulu, disney and all the other streaming services.

It's all going to vary based on the capabilities of the device (tv, media player, etc.) and the support for those apps (how often do they get updates?).

So, it's not about defending Prime, but understanding the factors involved (and in many cases it WILL be the intetnet as well).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Apps are not universal across devices.

Samsung TV prime app, LG Prime app, Vizio prime app, Roku prime app, Shield TV prime app (etc. etc.) are all different.

And even with the same brand tv, the different models can have differing versions of the app.

This goes for youtube, netflix, hulu, disney and all the other streaming services.

It's all going to vary based on the capabilities of the device (tv, media player, etc.) and the support for those apps (how often do they get updates?).

So, it's not about defending Prime, but understanding the factors involved (and in many cases it WILL be the intetnet as well).
I understand all that, and I'm not trying to be argumentative here.

But if I have the same one streaming device that I use for eight different streaming apps, and only one has problems, how is that the fault of the internet speed/quality or the streaming device?

It's not. It's the fault of the company for putting out a crappy app that doesn't function properly where every other app does.