Ambar Garcia needs to go

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by yentl911, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

3,457 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    -________-

2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

32,167 Messages
    22,501 Likes Received
    Female and foreigner. Why am I not surprised by the hate for her?

Bryan Broaddus has to dictate and have someone else write for him because he is incapable of doing it on his own. He says stupid **** regularly. Yet he gets a pass for his language skills and knowledge.

Nick and Dave give a bunch of informed opinion and fact and Ambar for all of the hate she gets gives a ton of insight from the access she gets with the players.

Don't get me wrong. I fast forwarded through her arguing with Nick last week but I was hardly calling for her firing.

For me though I find Mickey's unfounded arrogance and the untrustworthy Broaddus unwatchable.

JoeKing, Corso, Wolf2k5 and 2 others like this.
  3. robbieruff

robbieruff Well-Known Member

3,709 Messages
    5,108 Likes Received
    Ever heard the expression "he/she has a face for radio"? There's a reason for it...

4. robbieruff

3,709 Messages
    5,108 Likes Received
    Watching a Bryan Broaddus segment be like...queue Matt Foley:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Trouty and FuzzyLumpkins like this.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,475 Messages
    11,746 Likes Received
    Pfffft.... People don't like her or agree with your opinion so they must by a sexist or hate foreigners. Get out of here with that nonsense.

WTtoolman, Echo9, BigD16 and 2 others like this.
  6. robbieruff

3,709 Messages
    5,108 Likes Received
    Have you seen the other folks that you have to look at in some of her segments? It's about diversity...

7. FuzzyLumpkins

32,167 Messages
    22,501 Likes Received
    I spoke in general terms for a reason and pointed no finger. Take your cliche faux outrage elsewhere.

Sexism and xenophobia are real.

JoeKing and robbieruff like this.
  8. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

6,013 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    Yep and what are you going to do about it?

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  9. robbieruff

3,709 Messages
    5,108 Likes Received
    She is on the show and covering the Boys because the organization is always looking to engage and continue to draw a Latino audience...in other words she is not nor will she ever be about pulling in viewership from us fools hangin' out in the forum (for the most part). The Cowboys are taking a cue from Spanish television (Univison/Telemundo) and the way they approach sports coverage (Republica Deportiva is a prime example - LOVE THAT SHOW!!!), which ALWAYS relies on a bevy of eye candy. Not saying it's right or wrong (although I must confess I have paused on the shows for JUST a few minutes while channel surfing because I wanted to know more about Mexican League Soccer ;)), but it is the WAY IT'S DONE! And there's clearly an indication that there's been some success as her role in the Cowboys media platform has continued to expand...because, you know, they MEASURE that stuff these days (sigh).

FuzzyLumpkins and JoeKing like this.
  10. Philmonroe

6,013 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    Yeah I hate when people try to box folks into the you're some type of ist because you don't agree with their view on something. It's annoying and most times lazy as heck.

paladin, RJ_MacReady and Doomsday like this.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    I don't really see this at all. Lots of people don't like Broaddus and call him out regularly. But at least he's played and been involved with the NFL. I don't see that he gets a pass at all. Like wise with Mickey. He has been close to the organization for years but lots of people hate the guy.

Mr_C and paladin like this.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

32,167 Messages
    22,501 Likes Received
    Of course you don't.

13. FuzzyLumpkins

32,167 Messages
    22,501 Likes Received
    Again please point out who I boxed in? If you feel guilty then that is on you and I suggest introspection.

JoeKing likes this.
  14. Philmonroe

6,013 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    I think you feel guilty I wasn't quoting you but you felt compelled to reply back. I think you should take your own advice

15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    Correct. But I'm not wrong.

Mr_C, paladin and Philmonroe like this.
  16. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Well-Known Member

1,516 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    I'm amused by it tbo. Don't be annoyed ;-)

17. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

6,858 Messages
    7,818 Likes Received
    I'm with you on Mick and Broaddus. I'm happy they are on the same show so I can skip it.

Ambar is fine. She doesn't pretend to be a know it all, she isn't obnoxious, she doesn't talk down to everyone. She's growing on me as the show progresses.

JoeKing and FuzzyLumpkins like this.
  18. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

2,958 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    That's why I like having fun on the Ticket

19. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

7,202 Messages
    8,033 Likes Received
    This thread is a joke. Worry about a women when all focus should be on our team that got slapped last game. Some people have a lot of time on their hands complaining about the most idiotic things.

20. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I agree with this. I like Ambar a lot more than Taylor Stern. Taylor is only the second person on either show (the break or talking Cowboys) to ruin a show for me. Who's the first? Mickey Spagnola, I can't stand that guy.

I'm just happy that the break is actually tolerable again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.