Video: Ambar Garcia on Amari's toughness

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing is the perfect drug for breeding negativity lol. I’m guilty of it too. In training camp, I thought Amari being so laid back was a good character trait. One bad season later, I’m saying it’s a lack of caring and he’s just lazy! Man

We didn't "know him" then like we do now.

I admire restraint and levity, hate seeing dances on a standard tackle DOING YOUR JOB.....but I wouldn;t mind seeing some enthusiasm from him. It can help spark the team more than just a good play.

Froski

Reaction score
I like Amari. I think he is a great talent. But I question how much he wants it. I think to be a great #1, you got to have some diva in you, a little dog in ya, etc. and he doesn't have that. I think he plays hard, I think he is very talented but he not a WR I think we can trust or build around. No way, Any of the 3 88's come out against the Eagles on 4th down, with the season on the line regardless of any rotation or not. I would let him walk.
I mean is Larry Fitzgerald a diva? Let him walk? Who do we replace him with?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
....I guess not a football organizations are dumb or unfounded. Oak said roughly same thing, that I can remember. "lacked passion for the game". I thought he just wanted out of Oak? Now the ugly end is starting to show.

It's pretty damning for this same sentiment to come from two organizations. I like the player. He's a great talent. He strikes me as a guy who is supremely talented but may not necessarily love the game. It just happens to be what he is good at. Which is fine - his prerogative. But as an organization, you MUST consider this when shaping your team.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Can you blame the guy? He hasn’t been paid yet.

I don’t like it either but what do we expect

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
She's heard from people in the org who work closely with Amari that have been questioning his toughness on and off the field the last few months.

23:40 mark. (Full Amari discussion starts at 15 min mark)

Before mentioning toughness, Ambar said Amari became a vegetarian, and questioned whether that plays a part in his healthy issues. I'd also speculate on mental health issues.

After Amari, Nick is speculating about Sanjay being gone as WR and that he thinks Witten wants to be HC.

He's hinted that before about Witten earlier in the season.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Larry Fitzgerald is the antithesis of a diva WR. Great dude. Never hear a peep from him. But let's be real here, he's not willingly walking off the field on 4th & 8, regardless of what the coach says.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

I haven't watched much of Larry Fitz throughout his career but when I have, he definitely has some dog in him, he may not be the emotional wreck of someone like Dez or Beckham but he fights to win. Can you say that about Amari?

As far as replacing him goes, give me 11 guys that will fight to the death to win, even if they don't have the same talent level. Gallup is coming on, I like Wilson, I hope we can retain Cobb for one more year and then draft someone. Losing Amari will not be a huge deal at this point, IMO.

Praxit

Reaction score
It's pretty damning for this same sentiment to come from two organizations. I like the player. He's a great talent. He strikes me as a guy who is supremely talented but may not necessarily love the game. It just happens to be what he is good at. Which is fine - his prerogative. But as an organization, you MUST consider this when shaping your team.
..but you know Jerry, he's probably going to pay the guy. We could get 2 quality receivers for the price. Passion is a must for this game.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
..but you know Jerry, he's probably going to pay the guy. We could get 2 quality receivers for the price. Passion is a must for this game.

Agreed. Give me another WR like Gallup. Hell, I think we’d do just fine with Gallup, Cobb (or another slot, draft is deep with WR’s this year), and Devin Smith.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That’s Ambar....she doeesnt think they’re a tough team,mentally or otherwise. I agree with her. We need hard nosed football people in the house.

remdak

Reaction score
Before the Cowboys traded for him, but there were rumors of it, Broaddus said he heard from his contacts on the Raiders that they questioned his love of football.

Froski

Reaction score
I haven't watched much of Larry Fitz throughout his career but when I have, he definitely has some dog in him, he may not be the emotional wreck of someone like Dez or Beckham but he fights to win. Can you say that about Amari?

As far as replacing him goes, give me 11 guys that will fight to the death to win, even if they don't have the same talent level. Gallup is coming on, I like Wilson, I hope we can retain Cobb for one more year and then draft someone. Losing Amari will not be a huge deal at this point, IMO.
People said losing Bryant wouldn't be a big deal and we saw how much we stunk. Also forgetting how much we sucked before grabbing Cooper.

Larry Fitzgerald is the antithesis of a diva WR. Great dude. Never hear a peep from him. But let's be real here, he's not willingly walking off the field on 4th & 8, regardless of what the coach says.
I agree.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Before the Cowboys traded for him, but there were rumors of it, Broaddus said he heard from his contacts on the Raiders that they questioned his love of football.

I think he plays football because he’s good at it and makes money. Not because he likes it. Not a good mentality to have. Though, I question that because sometimes he looks pouty on the sidelines and wants more attention and targets.... he’s a weird one to figure out.