Video: Ambar Garcia on Amari's toughness

silvernblu

Reaction score
I like Amari. I think he is a great talent. But I question how much he wants it. I think to be a great #1, you got to have some diva in you, a little dog in ya, etc. and he doesn't have that. I think he plays hard, I think he is very talented but he not a WR I think we can trust or build around. No way, Any of the 3 88's come out against the Eagles on 4th down, with the season on the line regardless of any rotation or not. I would let him walk.

maybe. But he’s a damn good #2. Gallup is #1 next year.

kumizi

Reaction score
That's weird. Most of the season, credible people (like Troy) were insisting he was more hurt than the team and he were letting on.

What's really going on here?
Troy called Amari a "front runner wide receiver" and called Gallup the Cowboys #1 WR just this past Sunday.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to think about Cooper at this point. It's the toughest decision the Cowboys have to make this offseason (assuming they tag Dak).

I see it as a 50/50 coin flip -- he could be a great WR for the next 3 years OR he could continue with what we saw the last 7-8 games and be a contract disaster.

If he hadn't been shipped out of Oakland despite having two 1000 yard seasons with very similar whispers, I chalk it up to injuries and sign him to a mega-contract.

The fact that something <similar> to this happened in Oakland is a huge red flag.

lockster

Reaction score
Before mentioning toughness, Ambar said Amari became a vegetarian, and questioned whether that plays a part in his healthy issues. I'd also speculate on mental health issues.

After Amari, Nick is speculating about Sanjay being gone as WR and that he thinks Witten wants to be HC.

He's hinted that before about Witten earlier in the season.
Being a vegetarian helps Ur health! Not hurt it. Animal products cause cancer! Shorter lifespans, etc. The proteins in animal products are shorter chain proteins, harder for Ur body to digest.

Zordon

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to think about Cooper at this point. It's the toughest decision the Cowboys have to make this offseason (assuming they tag Dak).

I see it as a 50/50 coin flip -- he could be a great WR for the next 3 years OR he could continue with what we saw the last 7-8 games and be a contract disaster.

If he hadn't been shipped out of Oakland despite having two 1000 yard seasons with very similar whispers, I chalk it up to injuries and sign him to a mega-contract.

The fact that something <similar> to this happened in Oakland is a huge red flag.
It's mid-January, playoff game in Green Bay, wind chill 27 degrees...do you trust him this scenario? If you have to hesitate to answer then he's not worth it.

CWR

Reaction score
Being a vegetarian helps Ur health! Not hurt it. Animal products cause cancer! Shorter lifespans, etc. The proteins in animal products are shorter chain proteins, harder for Ur body to digest.

I also remember Arian Foster went vegan and went to crap. Fruit and vegetables in general are terrible for you.

Zordon

Reaction score
By the way Broaddus just said on the radio he heard from several people in the organization that Amari was not seriously hurt. He also hinted at tension between Amari and the WR coach.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
By the way Broaddus just said on the radio he heard from several people in the organization that Amari was not seriously hurt. He also hinted at tension between Amari and the WR coach.

I’m waiting for this drama that was promised. Slater, Cowboys Break, Broaddus, etc need to spill the beans and tell us what was going on. My original speculations appear to hold true...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I noticed on the show you posted, before Ambar's part, Eatman said Lal definitely wouldn't be back. Almost suggesting he was part of the problem with Cooper.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's see, get rid of Cooper; bring in less skilled, less talented fiery guy, check.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like Cooper, he just don't have the catch radius and even more prone to body catching. Some of this stuff is within these receivers from peewee football and can't be unlearned.

He's a good/great #2.
He's made some remarkable catches with his hands, and done some ridiculously athletic contorting to stay in bounds and get additional yardage. His latest sideline TD is a good example. He does occasionally jump for a ball he doesn't need to jump for, but he has it within himself, I think.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Amari is a low key guy, when he scores a td, does he do a dance in the endzone? Does he do any of the stupid celebrations other players do?
No he doesnt. I like that.
I think he likes playing, but he doesnt glorify himself like other players do. Is he a m. Irvin? no Irvin was the opposite type person.
Amari sees it as a job, and he likes the job, but when he has to play under dummies in a bad culture, I think he doesnt try as hard as he would
under a different HC and better culture. All of the players might be better under a better HC and culture.

In the phil game , he thought he could beat the defenders deep all day, but our coaches said no just do what we tell you to do , were the smart ones
and you players just need to execute the plays we smart people tell you to run.

In one of the SB with buffalo, Irvin came to the sidelines and told coaches he could beat them all day on certain routes, so those coaches
said ok lets do that , and they did and it worked. That wont happen with JG and his staff, or marinelli.
We saw the defense play one game the way they wanted to in rams game and our coaches did not like it, even though it worked, and the next game
in philly the players did not get to play the way they wanted, it was back to the marinelli scheme.

Players being forced to play schemes, and plays they know are not the right ones to use, is very frustrating, and can lead to apathy.
This is why we need a new HC and culture and hopefully someone who will listen to the players, and not think they are all knowing and the players
are just dummies who need to do as they are told.

Harbaugh designed a new offense just for his QB and team to maximize what they were good at , and look how that turned out!
Jason Garrett would have just tried to make a pocket passer out of Lamar, and tell him not to run, and they would be running a specific offense
he designed because he thinks it is good, not one designed for the players he has.
It makes a huge difference to design offense and defense for the players u have rather than force them to play some scheme you think is good.

Amari is a good player, but unless you get better HC and coaches you will never get the most out of them.

Zordon

Reaction score
I noticed on the show you posted, before Ambar's part, Eatman said Lal definitely wouldn't be back. Almost suggesting he was part of the problem with Cooper.
Yeah Shan tweeted the other day he's heard a lot of issues surrounding Lal all season.

It's sad all of this dysfunction was going on while folks on CZ were twisting themselves in knots to try to convince themselves things could be turned around for a Super Bowl run. We're learning now that this team never had a chance.