Video: Ambar Garcia on Amari's toughness

Spurdog

Reaction score
I'd let him walk. That kid I saw from UVA last night, Dubois is going to be a monster in the league and few know about him because of where he is. He made a catch in the back of the end zone that was about as Moss like as you will see and hands like Dez. Sign Gallup, Draft this kid first pick and watch what happens.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
....wow, who would have thought! Not like Raiders fans weren’t saying the same crap about Cooper.

Don't care as much about what the fans think. But if two organizations have the same questions and issues with Amari, that's a problem. I'd franchise him this winter giving the team two offseasons to replace him. Let him walk in 2021.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he plays football because he’s good at it and makes money. Not because he likes it. Not a good mentality to have. Though, I question that because sometimes he looks pouty on the sidelines and wants more attention and targets.... he’s a weird one to figure out.
I heard an interesting tidbit, from Gallup actually, that cooper is more of an intellectual type. He loves to read and travel and pursue other interests.

He’s also naturally reserved and introverted, so I think part of it is that he’s just uncomfortable with the spotlight and is unsure how to outwardly express emotion.

So I guess, to a point, I understand it. Still frustrating to see him seemingly disinterested out there

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought it weird that he continuously seemed hurt, but never hurt enough to not play. I think it might just be lack of passion for the game. Glad people even within the organization are questioning the same thing

wouidnt that imply the opposite??? Ugh

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Yea I wouldn’t pay Cooper at all.. waste of a 1st round pick because he’s not signing to a big deal. He’s weird and soft... would love to have him for a good price but he’s no Prime Dez.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of us said this **** when the trade happened and we're laughed at

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't care as much about what the fans think. But if two organizations have the same questions and issues with Amari, that's a problem. I'd franchise him this winter giving the team two offseasons to replace him. Let him walk in 2021.
You think he has a "don't give a damn" attitude now, imagine him with the franchise tag.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
She's heard from people in the org who work closely with Amari that have been questioning his toughness on and off the field the last few months. Cowboys need to tread lightly with this guy.

23:40 mark. (Full Amari discussion starts at 15 min mark)

It fits.

Wood

Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought it weird that he continuously seemed hurt, but never hurt enough to not play. I think it might just be lack of passion for the game. Glad people even within the organization are questioning the same thing

for me it was his ability on one play to plant and cut well then come off field. Either your hurt and you can't play or you can. Clearly his eyes are on his contract payout and I can't totally blame him for that but you just don't see this behavior on elite teams.

links18

Reaction score
That's weird. Most of the season, credible people (like Troy) were insisting he was more hurt than the team and he were letting on.

What's really going on here?

People believing the narrative they want to believe.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I like Amari. I think he's an extremely good wide receiver.
So he's reserved, so what?
He goes out there and plays and plays well.
His big minus is the drops. Otherwise he's a top notch WR who runs routes like no other and you guys are going too far in digging into him.