American Idol season 10

couchscout

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3903019 said:
Pia Gets a Record Deal

Well that was fast!

Less than 24 hours after her shocking early American Idol exit, season 10 finalist Pia Toscano has scored a record deal, UsMagazine.com has exclusively confirmed.

The 22-year-old New Yorker -- booted from the Fox series Thursday -- will record her debut album under the Interscope Records imprint, which is chaired by Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine.

I'm shocked to my very core!!! :D

xout

Believer
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the top 11 landed a record deal. They are all good enough to sell records IMO.

Good for Pia. She'll be successful.

kristie

Reaction score
xout;3903387 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the top 11 landed a record deal. They are all good enough to sell records IMO.

Good for Pia. She'll be successful.

i know that i'll buy her album when it comes out.:D

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Paul was great as always...

I'd say Casey, Haley, or Stefano are in trouble. Stefano was one of the best performers tonight but he's been in trouble consistently, but I don't know if he goes home yet.

Casey was great, but I don't think the majority of America will get him and he may be gone. We'll see.

If another girl gets voted off expect the feminists to be up in arms. lol...

xout

Believer
Reaction score
[youtube]ANIjz82hMc8[/youtube]

New song from Paul and his band. Loved it.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Casey, Jacob and Stefano will probably be in the bottom three.

Haley will get by on past performances for at least one week I think.

I'm tired of Casey and can't wait til he's gone.

I still think the top three will be Lauren, Scotty and James.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Caught it when Haley was up. She sounded 'average' in the first half. She just sang that song and it felt so emotionless.

loved james and lauren. Stefano was actually decent!

VietCowboy

Reaction score
VietCowboy;3907521 said:
Caught it when Haley was up. She sounded 'average' in the first half. She just sang that song and it felt so emotionless.

loved james and lauren. Stefano was actually decent!

nvm, I got their names wrong:

Lauren is who I thought was Haley. She was the one that sang The Climb. Sorry but Miley is better than her.

and it is Jacob who I loved, not James. Sorry.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? James got Zakk Wylde to come play on stage at American Idol with him? The kid tore it up too.

I love Scotty, but I think he's in trouble because the backup singers drowned him out.

Jacob's Nat King Cole was great, but how many Jazz fans are there going to be?

Haley was very good I thought but the judges didn't like it. Maybe it's just that I like that song and she's very pretty.

I think Jacob should be gone.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3907543 said:
Are you kidding me? James got Zakk Wylde to come play on stage at American Idol with him? The kid tore it up too.

I love Scotty, but I think he's in trouble because the backup singers drowned him out.

Haley was very good I thought but the judges didn't like it. Maybe it's just that I like that song and she's very pretty.

you're not the only one. i've been a blondie fan since i was a little kid, & that song is one of my favorites. i think haley did a great job. :D

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
VietCowboy;3907522 said:
nvm, I got their names wrong:

Lauren is who I thought was Haley. She was the one that sang The Climb. Sorry but Miley is better than her.

and it is Jacob who I loved, not James. Sorry.

Have you heard Miley sing? The girl can't carry a tune in a bucket. Lauren is a much better singer.

I could not believe that Zakk Wylde came out with James. How cool was that?!?!

Scotty really needs to work on the stage presence. It really annoys me how he holds his mic and walks around.

I think bottom 3 should be Stefano, Jacob, and Paul. I like Jacob ok but he lost me with his little speech last week about being in the bottom three.

heavyg

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3907712 said:
Have you heard Miley sing?
I think bottom 3 should be Stefano, Jacob, and Paul. I like Jacob ok but he lost me with his little speech last week about being in the bottom three.

See that little speech he gave is one of the reasons I am pulling for him. We need more "Christian" artists who will stand firm in their convictions and not let the industry tell them what to do. I don't think he is the best on the show but I applaud him for sticking to his guns

VietCowboy

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3907712 said:
Have you heard Miley sing? The girl can't carry a tune in a bucket. Lauren is a much better singer.

I could not believe that Zakk Wylde came out with James. How cool was that?!?!

Scotty really needs to work on the stage presence. It really annoys me how he holds his mic and walks around.

I didn't say Miley was good. I just said Miley was BETTER. Miley is an average singer at best, but "The Climb" is a great song and Miley did it justice because the song is very powerful and she was able to put the right amount of emotion into it. Even my boyfriend who heard Lauren sing said she just sang it, ZERO emotion until maybe the end. Sorry, that's just how I felt about Lauren singing "The Climb"

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
xout;3907450 said:
[youtube]ANIjz82hMc8[/youtube]

New song from Paul and his band. Loved it.

No wonder we disagree on idol so much. That is not my cup of tea at all. Not a big fan of his voice, or his Rod Stewart wanna be persona.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3907543 said:

either him or stefano.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Muhast;3907954 said:
No wonder we disagree on idol so much. That is not my cup of tea at all. Not a big fan of his voice, or his Rod Stewart wanna be persona.

I love artistry and uniqueness versus the generic redundant stuff that saturates our radios these days. Some of my favorite bands are the Black Keys, Mumford and Sons, and The Avett Brothers so that's why I like Paul.

Just my opinion.