American Idol season 11

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I am a HUGE CCR fan and listening to P2 and Fogerty tonight was pretty cool. Though the two can sign the songs well they should never ever do them together again. You expect to hear Fogerty and then you get P2 and his weird little twist. It was just odd but cool at the same time.

kristie

Reaction score
blindzebra;4571551 said:
Sour grapes.

What is most popular right now generally sucks.

Then someone truly special comes along that doesn't fit the popular mold...and you get an Adele.

Phillip can be that because he is unique and can cross over many demographics.

it's not sour grapes. it's me being honest. phillip does seem like a nice guy & all, but i can't help but feel sad for him because it's been proven over & over again that winning this show may not be the best thing that has ever happened to a person like him. look at lee dewyze. look at kris allen. both talented. both didn't do so good especially dewyze, whose post-idol album bombed badly.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kristie;4571558 said:
it's not sour grapes. it's me being honest. phillip does seem like a nice guy & all, but i can't help but feel sad for him because it's been proven over & over again that winning this show may not be the best thing that has ever happened to a person like him. look at lee dewyze. look at kris allen. both talented. both didn't do so good especially dewyze, whose post-idol album bombed badly.

Phillip is 100 times more talented than either of them.

Is he the best singer ever? No.

Is he the best musician ever? No.

But he is the total package and he was doing it at what %?

Compare the energy of his audition to the last few weeks...he is postponing surgery to compete.

Not only do I think you are wrong in your prediction, I believe Phillip is the most deserving Idol winner EVER.

kristie

Reaction score
blindzebra;4571571 said:
Phillip is 100 times more talented than either of them.

Is he the best singer ever? No.

Is he the best musician ever? No.

But he is the total package and he was doing it at what %?

Compare the energy of his audition to the last few weeks...he is postponing surgery to compete.

Not only do I think you are wrong in your prediction, I believe Phillip is the most deserving Idol winner EVER.

we'll see. i'm not going to argue about this anymore. i've made my feelings known.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;4571558 said:

This ^

Guys like Kris Allen and Lee Dewyze are very forgettable imo! People in general don't realize how competitive the music industry really is! Just because you are on AI or even win doesn't guarantee that you'll be a star. Especially now that AI isn't the only reality music type show out there. Now you also have The Voice, AGT, and The X-Factor so those winners will also be flooding the music scene.

If you look at every winner on AI how many can we really say has done really, really well? Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are for sure and then you can say Scotty M could get to that point. Then you have Ruben Studdard, Fantasia, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen, Lee Dewyze, and P2. I personally don't see any of those artists being mega stars. Obviously lets see what P2 does before predicting if he will be as big as Kelly or Carrie.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
How ridiulous is it that J-Lo comes out on a singing competition and does terrible lip syncing? She sucks.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan;4571722 said:
How ridiulous is it that J-Lo comes out on a singing competition and does terrible lip syncing? She sucks.
I am sick of being force-fed JLo. She has no talent IMO. How many songs has she sang over the past two seasons? Just go away!

I am glad Phil won, but would have been nice if Jessica won also, was happy with the final two. I do think Jess goes on to have the bigger career though of the two.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
I knew Phillip was going to win. It has got to be mostly females voting for the contestants. These last few years, it seems like the audience is picking out the guy that they think is cute and he wins. I do like Phillip, but I wasn't blown away or anything.

I have one question - WHAT WAS FANTASIA THINKING WEARING THAT HIDEOUS CAT SUIT??? Why didn't somebody hide or burn it so she couldn't wear that on national television? :eek:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BlueStar3398;4571850 said:
I knew Phillip was going to win. It has got to be mostly females voting for the contestants. These last few years, it seems like the audience is picking out the guy that they think is cute and he wins. I do like Phillip, but I wasn't blown away or anything.

I have one question - WHAT WAS FANTASIA THINKING WEARING THAT HIDEOUS CAT SUIT??? Why didn't somebody hide or burn it so she couldn't wear that on national television?
:eek:

Hideous is right. But you just knew they were going to pair Fantasia with Mantasia at some point. It was a screamfest!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4571852 said:
Hideous is right. But you just knew they were going to pair Fantasia with Mantasia at some point. It was a screamfest!

What about chakakhan. *** was she wearing?

I didn't care much for the jennifer holiday jessica duet either. Holiday just screamed most of the song. Not my cupof tea

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Muhast;4572159 said:

I didn't care much for the jennifer holiday jessica duet either. Holiday just screamed most of the song. Not my cupof tea
That wasn't Jennifer Hudson? Either way it was indeed bad

Edit: it was Holiday, did not pay that much attention the the song

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Muhast;4572159 said:

Yeah, that made her the poster child for banning Spandex. Geez, made my eyes bleed.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
dexternjack;4572170 said:
That wasn't Jennifer Hudson? Either way it was indeed bad

Edit: it was Holiday, did not pay that much attention the the song

I thought she was going to eat Jessica alive. And from the looks of it, so did Jessica.

522196_229774530468047_100003065056085_357599_1810638192_n.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
kristie;4572357 said:
until January 2013

Don't they have a fall season as well? I know they are starting auditions in to weeks for season 12.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kristie;4571558 said:
Neither of those guys were anywhere near as talented as Phillip Phillips.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
First year I didn't see a minute of AI. Not the auditions nor the show. I honestly don't even know who won or if he/she was good.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile;4572412 said:
First year I didn't see a minute of AI. Not the auditions nor the show. I honestly don't even know who won or if he/she was good.

I watched the final show last night just to see the winner and to watch Aerosmith. Both were really good and I thought the girl would win, but the guy did, and he deserved it.

;)

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4572410 said:
Don't they have a fall season as well? I know they are starting auditions in to weeks for season 12.

no they don't. having the show start airing in january has worked for them so no need to change it. also they'll have most of the auditions done by that time anyway.