American Idol season 11

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;4570088 said:
the show wants jessica to win because phillip is way too much like the 4 other winners(WGWG=white guy with guitar). JMO

Oh yeah forgot about the guitar part :laugh2:

But seriously if you're a white guy on Idol you have a great shot at winning!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
blindzebra;4570099 said:
Phillip is nothing like ANYONE Idol has ever had.

He is probably the most talented all around contestant they have ever had.
Agreed 100%. I think by the end of the last night's episode it was clear the judges thought Phillip should win. They were blown away by the last song -- as they should be.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought Jessica won the first 2 songs and Phillip won the last (which was great). It is hard to say who wins, Phil should but probably won't.

Don't forget Adam Lambert, I think he was one of the most creative contestants ever, even though he is a weird fellow :)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
blindzebra;4570099 said:
Phillip is nothing like ANYONE Idol has ever had.

He is probably the most talented all around contestant they have ever had.

I have a hard time believing no one can see this.

Jessica's voice is ready. She isn't.

Phillip could be the face of america. He's got rythm in his bones and it oozes out of every pore. He's unnaturally natural, humble and handles this whole gig with grace.

Watch him on stage when he's finished. He looks around, almost in awe, and soaks it all in. Sincerely. The others immediately look to the three stooges.

I look at it like this; I would buy a philip phillips album and go to his concert. The others, while all fantastic musicians, I've seen/heard before.

You can't put a finger on Phillip............THAT is what makes him great and seperates him. JMO, of course.

BTW - I still cannot believe I got hooked on this show. I haven't been this faithful to the TV since.............I can't even remember.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Seven;4570514 said:
I have a hard time believing no one can see this.

Jessica's voice is ready. She isn't.

Phillip could be the face of america. He's got rythm in his bones and it oozes out of every pore. He's unnaturally natural, humble and handles this whole gig with grace.

Watch him on stage when he's finished. He looks around, almost in awe, and soaks it all in. Sincerely. The others immediately look to the three stooges.

I look at it like this; I would buy a philip phillips album and go to his concert. The others, while all fantastic musicians, I've seen/heard before.

You can't put a finger on Phillip............THAT is what makes him great and seperates him. JMO, of course.

BTW - I still cannot believe I got hooked on this show. I haven't been this faithful to the TV since.............I can't even remember.

Phillip sounds kind of similar to John Mayer to me. I like him though, I hope he wins.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Muhast;4570800 said:
Phillip sounds kind of similar to John Mayer to me. I like him though, I hope he wins.

Sometimes I hear Dave Mathews, sometimes a little Sting, his single last night I said to my wife Graceland by Paul Simon before Tyler said it.

All I need to know about how special he is was when Stevie Nicks said if he auditioned for Mick Fleetwood back in the day he would have hired Phillip for Fleetwood Mac.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
blindzebra;4571070 said:
Sometimes I hear Dave Mathews, sometimes a little Sting, his single last night I said to my wife Graceland by Paul Simon before Tyler said it.

All I need to know about how special he is was when Stevie Nicks said if he auditioned for Mick Fleetwood back in the day he would have hired Phillip for Fleetwood Mac.

I can't believe how terrible Jessica's single was. That would never get played on the radio, she was singing way to high the entire chorus.

Phillip has a really cool, smooth sound. I am a big fan of Jack Johnson, and I could see Phillip having a somewhat similar style to that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They look right to me, Jessica wins. She is a great singer with a nice voice and probably has a larger following that Phillip.

Personally, I like Phil more but just don't see him winning. His 2nd song "stand by me" was horrible. Jessica's last one was real bad too, but that was not her fault, they wrote her a dreadful, boring song.

kristie

Reaction score
dexternjack;4571225 said:
They look right to me, Jessica wins. She is a great singer with a nice voice and probably has a larger following that Phillip.

Personally, I like Phil more but just don't see him winning. His 2nd song "stand by me" was horrible. Jessica's last one was real bad too, but that was not her fault, they wrote her a dreadful, boring song.

it was, & i absolutely love the original. phillip ruined it.

Wimbo

Reaction score
blindzebra;4571070 said:

Good comparisons. The 'first single' song was definitely a Mumford and Sons sound-alike. If you are not familiar with them, here is a representative song: [youtube]tL_Ye0h5xEI[/youtube]

blindzebra

Reaction score
When I saw his audition the first words out of my mouth was, "He should be the winner."

Never thought he would actually get there.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Holy crap, what an ending. Best ever season of AI. Best ever season finale. Just great TV.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Bummed Jessica did not win.

Congrats to Phillip. I actually like his single Home. His sing out was really sweet/emotional.

Im still holding on to hope a girl will win though. Maybe Idol should outlaw guitars though...and white dudes. haha j/k

kristie

Reaction score
the wrong person won. i can't see phillip selling lots of records. i mean, his style of music is great & all, but it just isn't what's popular now on the charts. the same people who voted for him to win will abandon him when his album comes out, & sadly, he'll probably get dropped by his label. that seems to be the way things have gone in the past. :(

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
kristie;4571544 said:
the wrong person won. i can't see phillip selling lots of records. i mean, his style of music is great & all, but it just isn't what's popular now on the charts. the same people who voted for him to win will abandon him when his album comes out, & sadly, he'll probably get dropped by his label. that seems to be the way things have gone in the past. :(

That might be true because they were the only two left to vote for. So between the two, P2 was the better artist. However, the one who will have the biggest success and the most record sales will be Skylar.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kristie;4571544 said:

Sour grapes.

What is most popular right now generally sucks.

Then someone truly special comes along that doesn't fit the popular mold...and you get an Adele.

Phillip can be that because he is unique and can cross over many demographics.

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4571549 said:
That might be true because they were the only two left to vote for. So between the two, P2 was the better artist. However, the one who will have the biggest success and the most record sales will be Skylar.

i'm also thinking hollie & jessica might have success as well. both are awesome singers who will only get better. they, along with skylar, will probably be scary good by the time they reach their 20s. all three ladies will probably be superstars by then.