American Idol season 12

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
dexternjack;5081466 said:
Right there with ya. She got some sympathy votes tonight. I am at a loss for words ATM, no way Angie shouldn't be in top two. I still think it is rigged in some way or fashion. The only standing O was for Candice, they have been pushing for her for a few weeks now.

My wife was pretty shocked too, kinda angry as well. It's ok, Angie will have the best career out of the three and now she isn't locked in to their contract.

This show has become a joke. The voting is stupid as well. Vote for the worst, not send in 50 votes for the favorite. When they say 30 million voted...well, divide that by 50 and you get a true value, ratings have hit rock bottom.

Great post! Yeah she got sympathy votes for sure!

Let's remember everyone that AI and Jimmy Lovine have a major investment with the winner in regards to management/publicity and record label. 19 Entertainment who produces the show will also have exclusive rights to manage the winner and Jimmy Lovine and Interscope Records will be the label that the winner is on. So they without a doubt have a say in things when it comes to the contestants! Maybe they don't actually rig the votes but I'm almost positive they do other things to "sway" the votes. Case in point switching the order every round so Candice would be last in the 3rd round! I mean if they would have kept the order the same in all 3 rounds like they almost always do then Candice would have went first and Angie would have went last. Another thing is the last round and the producers picks! Of course they give Candie one of the most recognizable songs ever and Angie got a song I wasn't that familiar with. Like I said before the producers have a MAJOR investment with the winner and they will do anything to persuade the voters.

So when it was the 3 girls left they were thinking ok we have a girl that can be like Jennifer Hudson in Candice, a girl like Carrie Underwood in Kree, and a girl like Colton Dixon in Angie. OF COURSE they would want Candice and Kree in the finale because Jennifer Hudson and Carrie Underwood are huge and they want to replicate that! It's all about copying and trying to rekindle what they have had in the past. I mean a country artist with a sad past is like gold to the entire country music scene and most likely a cross over to the pop world as well. Then with Candice you have someone who has an amazing voice, someone who had nothing growing up, and could be the next Jennifer Hudson. Lastly my favorite contestant Angie who seems to have had a great childhood, great family, and didn't have the struggles maybe that Candice and Kree have had. Everyone loves a rags to riches kind of a story and it seems that Angie doesn't fit that so in AI's mind that might not sell as well. I personally think she will have the longest career because she writes her own music and plays an instrument. Not to mention very attractive and seems like a really cool person :D .

Ok enough with my rant but dexternjack is so on the money when it comes to the voting procedure! Let's vote once for the person that you want to leave the show rather than voting 50 times for your favorite or dividing those 50 votes to multiple contestants.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
pjtoadie;5081664 said:
So when it was the 3 girls left they were thinking ok we have a girl that can be like Jennifer Hudson in Candice, a girl like Carrie Underwood in Kree, and a girl like Colton Dixon in Angie. OF COURSE they would want Candice and Kree in the finale because Jennifer Hudson and Carrie Underwood are huge and they want to replicate that! It's all about copying and trying to rekindle what they have had in the past. I mean a country artist with a sad past is like gold to the entire country music scene and most likely a cross over to the pop world as well. Then with Candice you have someone who has an amazing voice, someone who had nothing growing up, and could be the next Jennifer Hudson. Lastly my favorite contestant Angie who seems to have had a great childhood, great family, and didn't have the struggles maybe that Candice and Kree have had. Everyone loves a rags to riches kind of a story and it seems that Angie doesn't fit that so in AI's mind that might not sell as well. I personally think she will have the longest career because she writes her own music and plays an instrument. Not to mention very attractive and seems like a really cool person :D .

I wouldn't be surprised if the votes aren't rigged either. They never let us see the actual results and they can have "techies" flood at the last minute to push them in their favor. Kind of like what SF did to their 3B over David Wright. I am still bitter over that :(

Last night, I caught the switch in contestants and wondered what was going on there, the wife missed that and said I was crazy. Now I know, they wanted to Candice to end the show with a heartfelt appearance still on the voters minds.

All three deserve to win in their own right, but it is too obvious AI has an agenda and wants their pet to win IMO. The only way their "pet" can win is if Angie isn't in the final two and I think they are slating in Candice for the win. Angie will be ok, just sucks because that title was important to her but now she isn't roped into AI and free to what she does best...write songs and perform them.

Oh, and what a way to increase their bad ratings by having the nation's obvious winner get the boot. It is sure getting talked about today.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I think it's a matter of Candice having the strongest vocal, which automatically puts her in. Kree gets the country vote, the country vote is huge! and she is a real dark horse that I wouldn't be shocked if she won. Country music is huge and the top selling music in the country, so it is very likely that's how it played out. Either way, if Angie does not have a singing career(she will), she can fall back on her writing.

I do think the show is rigged hardcore prior to hollywood in that they get people with struggle stories. You're telling me they couldn't find 5 other guys with WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better voices then the ones they trotted out there? LAZARO?! SERIOUSLY?! I don't think it's rigged in Hollywood, but the judges do push their favorites hardcore during this time. The judges pretty much trashed Kree this week and praised the hell out of Angie, but America seems to always do something you dont expect and oh looky, the country music star is in the final! I'm not surprised one bit as I stopped watching this show cause they continued to vote in lesser singers over some very good soul singers in the past only to vote in Fantasia?! yuk, I cant stand her. This is the first time I've watched this in a while, and it's unfortunate Angie didnt make it but they'll all have careers, especially Kree and Angie. Not gonna lie though I was totally rooting for Kree and Candice out of the three. lol

With that being said,
TEAM CANDICE!

blindzebra

Reaction score
I said it a few weeks ago.

On Idol if America likes you being you, stick to it.

Look at Lambert and Allen. The steady contestant won.

PP last year was the same way...always good, sometimes great, always himself.

Candice and Kree have both been more consistently good and stayed true to their style. Angie went from artist, to sexy, to broadway, to rock chick, to annoying and America did not like it.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Everyone brings up good points but I'm leaning with dexternjack in that they "rig" it so their pet cat can win and this season it's Candice. Not saying she doesn't deserve to win because I really like her but with the changing of the order in each round and having her end the night with one of the most recognizable songs seems like rigging to me. Plus on top of that the producers picked that song for her and gave Angie a song that I really didn't know.

Not saying Twitter followers holds all the weight but I just looked and Candice has 89k followers, Kree has 82k, and Angie has 164k so that should at least tell you that she was the most popular according to Twitter.

da whiz kid is spot on when he said that country music is huge and the most popular genre but I really think that Angie was still more popular than Kree. I''m telling you that they want the next Jennifer Hudson or Carrie Underwood as apposed to someone like Angie (female version of Colton Dixon) who will probably have the longest career because of her writing skills and the fact she can play the piano. She will probably be someone like a Sara Bareilles or Fiona Apple and will be very popular and have a huge loyal fan base but not be a mega star like a Jennifer or Carrie. So that's why I really think that AI wants Candice or Kree to win rather than Angie.

blindzebra

Reaction score
pjtoadie;5081941 said:
Everyone brings up good points but I'm leaning with dexternjack in that they "rig" it so their pet cat can win and this season it's Candice. Not saying she doesn't deserve to win because I really like her but with the changing of the order in each round and having her end the night with one of the most recognizable songs seems like rigging to me. Plus on top of that the producers picked that song for her and gave Angie a song that I really didn't know.

Not saying Twitter followers holds all the weight but I just looked and Candice has 89k followers, Kree has 82k, and Angie has 164k so that should at least tell you that she was the most popular according to Twitter.

da whiz kid is spot on when he said that country music is huge and the most popular genre but I really think that Angie was still more popular than Kree. I''m telling you that they want the next Jennifer Hudson or Carrie Underwood as apposed to someone like Angie (female version of Colton Dixon) who will probably have the longest career because of her writing skills and the fact she can play the piano. She will probably be someone like a Sara Bareilles or Fiona Apple and will be very popular and have a huge loyal fan base but not be a mega star like a Jennifer or Carrie. So that's why I really think that AI wants Candice or Kree to win rather than Angie.

Two words for you:

Phil Phillips.

Angie lost because she got too experimental and nobody knew what kind of artist she would be. There is a reason the judges and Jimmy kept telling her to get back on the piano.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
blindzebra;5081985 said:
Two words for you:

Phil Phillips.

Angie lost because she got too experimental and nobody knew what kind of artist she would be. There is a reason the judges and Jimmy kept telling her to get back on the piano.

Very true but I still think they'd rather have Candice or Kree win :)

kristie

Reaction score
a tweet from angie's mom:

Tana Miller ‏@tanamiller 55m
You are all amazing! @AngieAI12 Will sing You Set Me Free this week on Idol. Shortly after it will go for sale. She is so amazing! #proudmom

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;5082503 said:
a tweet from angie's mom:

Tana Miller ‏@tanamiller 55m
You are all amazing! @AngieAI12 Will sing You Set Me Free this week on Idol. Shortly after it will go for sale. She is so amazing! #proudmom

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

YES!!!!! I will be purchasing that song for sure :dance2:

funkytown

Reaction score
Simon gone and now Randy?

The show survived without Paula, but with Randy gone it wont be the same. I doubt I will ever watch again.