American Idol

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Glad Lee won. in the end though, he won't be that popular and I doubt he will make any significant impact on the music industry.

Carrie Underwood has been the most commercially successful AI winner and it's because she is in a genre that has a much stronger and loyal fan base than pop or rock. It's just the way it is.

And for the record, this was the worst season of AI that I can remember but the final was pretty good.

I mean, Alice Cooper and Joe Cocker?

Great way to end the season. For that alone I give them big time kuddos.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
They at least got the top two correct, but I really liked Crystal better as an artist. Either one of the two were deserving candidates, though. Crystal has alot of potential if she gets with the right support.

Maybe Cajun can turn her into a force in the industry! :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3415929 said:
They at least got the top two correct, but I really liked Crystal better as an artist. Either one of the two were deserving candidates, though. Crystal has alot of potential if she gets with the right support.

Hopefully she's not forced in to a contract with the AI people.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3415929 said:

I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. Talent wise she is good. Not great and not someone who will be a game changer. She will be popular for about a year and then will fade away.

One thing can change that and that would be if she can find a manager who she will listen to.

And frankly, I think Lee is in the same boat.

Someone like Shybone (SP) or Casey would have more lasting appeal, IMO. we will see though.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Lee winning was a crock. Crystal out performed him every step of the way and is a lot more talented. He totally blew the perfomances in the finale. Based on that show alone Crystal should have won not to mention the rest of the year. Lee's version of the U2 song is not good. I think this will end up like Rueben and Clay.

On last nights show:

I love to hear Christina sing but what the hell was that. That was an absolutely horrible song and she was pretty bad.

Carrie Underwood was easily the best performer last night. She is terrific.

I loved Alice Cooper being there and was totally floored that Joe Cocker was there. I was also really surprised by Bret Michaels being there with his recent health issues.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3415997 said:
Lee winning was a crock. Crystal out performed him every step of the way and is a lot more talented. He totally blew the perfomances in the finale. Based on that show alone Crystal should have won not to mention the rest of the year. Lee's version of the U2 song is not good. I think this will end up like Rueben and Clay.

On last nights show:

I love to hear Christina sing but what the hell was that. That was an absolutely horrible song and she was pretty bad.

Carrie Underwood was easily the best performer last night. She is terrific.

I loved Alice Cooper being there and was totally floored that Joe Cocker was there. I was also really surprised by Bret Michaels being there with his recent health issues.

Well, the problem with AI is that they tell them what songs to sign. The performers don't have free reign to sing what THEY feel is best for them.

So they are given a small selection of music and say, pick from this list.

With that said, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to vote based on the finale performance, because it was obvious from day one that the judges wanted Crystal to win this. Even last night when Lee was announced, the judges weren't all that enthusiastic.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3416099 said:
Well, the problem with AI is that they tell them what songs to sign. The performers don't have free reign to sing what THEY feel is best for them.

So they are given a small selection of music and say, pick from this list.

With that said, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to vote based on the finale performance, because it was obvious from day one that the judges wanted Crystal to win this. Even last night when Lee was announced, the judges weren't all that enthusiastic.

I don't know if it was necessarily that they wanted her to win as much as the rest of the people this year were pretty bad. There was a severe lack of talent in this years competition. She was clearly the most talented of the bunch. If you go back to the first few performances where they did pick their songs, Crystals versions of the Alanis Morrisette, CCR, and Tracy Chapman were some of the best performances of the entire season.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Lee's accoustic take on U2's A beautiful day.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/video_1231296?dst=ah|widget|Access%20Hollywood%20Video&__source=ah|widget|Access%20Hollywood%20Video

Why he didnt release this version as his single is beyond me. Dumbbutts.

I really like it. It sounds nothing like the original, which I hate.

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3417181 said:
Lee's accoustic take on U2's A beautiful day.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/video_1231296?dst=ah|widget|Access%20Hollywood%20Video&__source=ah|widget|Access%20Hollywood%20Video

Why he didnt release this version as his single is beyond me. Dumbbutts.

I really like it. It sounds nothing like the original, which I hate.

the song is good either way. lee might perform this acoustic version on the idols live tour, you never know.