Amon Ra St Brown signs New deal

Chasing6

Reaction score
37 regular season wins!

Awesome.

Why hasnt that translated to post-season wins?
Because we can't run or stop the run. So let's spend more money at QB, WR and our pass rush and see if that fixes or run problems.

I think it might actually work this time.

conner01

Reaction score
Messed up. You won't be able to afford to field a solid team.
Every team has the same amount of cap space. It’s just a pct of revenue and revenue is still growing. The biggest issue I see coming is lower end players pay is gonna suffer. I’d love to see a cap within the cap that any one position can only take up so much cap pct. That has the potential to slow growth in QB pay and that would benefit the bottom of the roster more but selling that idea to nflpa might be hard. QB contracts are really where the largest growth has been

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And if you do not pay market value for premium players hitting free agency then you wont have a solid team anyway because you wont have good players. That is why the salary cap exists.
Market value. You mean Highest Overall Position pay?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah? They were favoured by what against GB?

You using a betting line to push your point is hilarious.

The Cowboys arent better than they were last year. Period.
They are still in position to get double digit wins. You are hilarious.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Every team has the same amount of cap space. It’s just a pct of revenue and revenue is still growing. The biggest issue I see coming is lower end players pay is gonna suffer. I’d love to see a cap within the cap that any one position can only take up so much cap pct. That has the potential to slow growth in QB pay and that would benefit the bottom of the roster more but selling that idea to nflpa might be hard. QB contracts are really where the largest growth has been
100000% agree!!!

Adreme

Reaction score
Well Lamb has been in the league one more year than Brown. So comparing their first 3 years

Lamb: 260 catches, 3396 yards, and 20tds

Brown: 315 catches, 3588 yards, and 21 tds.

So based off that, how can you say Lamb is in a different tier? You can probably say Brown is better at getting open
So basically cut off Lambs best season. What a convenient way to do it. If you want to be honest we can look at last season and pretty easily see the gap. Now maybe Brown takes that step to match where Lamb is now but since is already that 1 step ahead being the better player now certainly matters.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you want to put a cap inside the cap, like a book for Dummies on how to be a GM.

I think it would help the Cowboys a lot. Great idea.

Adreme

Reaction score
Market value. You mean Highest Overall Position pay?
That is market value for a top 10WR hitting his contract yes. For Lamb it is probably closer to top 5 but yep when a top 10 player at his position signs their first extension you can expect it to be at or near the top of the market and for a top 5 to reset the market. The simple reason being that the cap goes up every year so relatively the contracts will as well.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They are still in position to get double digit wins. You are hilarious.
How? In what way are they in that position? They dont even have a starting LT to replace Tyron. Who was DOMINANT last season. Tyler isnt a LT regardless of you lapping up what Jerry is selling you like a puppy.

They currently dont have a starting RB. Unless you want to say Dowdle is better than Pollard.

They have 1 LB currently. Clark isnt that great and Overshown is coming back from injury.

They have 2 CBs and their highest paid one is coming back again from injury.

You live in a fairy tale land my friend. Join us all here on earth will ya?

Chasing6

Reaction score
And if you do not pay market value for premium players hitting free agency then you wont have a solid team anyway because you wont have good players. That is why the salary cap exists.
Yes, because trading for high draft picks and freeing up massive cap space leads to an underperforming team.

Maybe the SB winners should get the number 1 pick, it might create more parody in the league.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Only way this gets fixed is through the players Union and they are representing more than just QB's. The players need to go on strike against the QB's.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That is market value for a top 10WR hitting his contract yes. For Lamb it is probably closer to top 5 but yep when a top 10 player at his position signs their first extension you can expect it to be at or near the top of the market and for a top 5 to reset the market. The simple reason being that the cap goes up every year so relatively the contracts will as well.
These guys want Top Overall Pay. They don't want Market Value. Who are we kidding?

Adreme

Reaction score
Yes, because trading for high draft picks and freeing up massive cap space leads to an underperforming team.

Maybe the SB winners should get the number 1 pick, it might create more parody in the league.
Exactly. The Titans already learned what happens when you trade your premium WR for a 1st round pick and hope to just draft a better one (on average you get a much worse player). With that cap space though you can now sign an inferior player to a premium deal or you can sign an far inferior player for 90% of that deal because top 5 players tend to not hit free agency and rarely do they do so at positions you need.

Adreme

Reaction score
These guys want Top Overall Pay. They don't want Market Value. Who are we kidding?
But that clearly is market value. The cap in 2021 when Hill signed his extension was 182.5m (was around 190 the year before so we can use that number if you prefer). The cap right now is 255m. So the idea that contracts should stay the same value when the cap is around 35% higher seems crazy.

conner01

Reaction score
So you want to put a cap inside the cap, like a book for Dummies on how to be a GM.

I think it would help the Cowboys a lot. Great idea.
Cap the top pct of cap anyone one position gets. That’s spreads the money more across the the entire roster

baltcowboy

Reaction score

CEEDEE get ready, Jerry the leaves are falling

CeeDee wants to paid at a record breaking salary. St. Brown is getting peanuts to what 88 will be asking for. Again fans and media don’t seem to understand. Dak is a quarterback that was second team All-Pro last season. His agent is going for the highest contract in NFL history, Micah is a 3 time all pro player in 3 seasons. He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in NFL history, CeeDee has proven to be a top 3 receiver in the league with two straight all pro selections. These negotiations will be long.