An improved team is all relative

NotForLong

Reaction score
The question of better is relative. If they win 9 games and get into the playoffs and actually win a game . . . would they be considered better?

Come playoff time all the young pups will have a year under their belt . . . would they not be considered better then?

Multiple 12-5 seasons and they have been abysmal . . . The standard is low.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The standard is the nfc championship game. That’s it.
This. Plain and simple. Doubt it will happen this upcoming season of course. We addressed the o line needs (and not even all) and that's it. I'm happy about the draft, I really like the guys we chose. But it remains to be seen what they can do. This will be some kind of orientation season for many positions.

And I would be fine with that (and a potential below .500 season) if it was the beginning of a true rebuild. But with Dak this ain't gonna happen.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Scrub RBs, a QB that's afraid of big game moments and only one offensive weapon in CD Lamb. Don't think it's going to be improved. And the defense still can't stop the run.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The question of better is relative. If they win 9 games and get into the playoffs and actually win a game . . . would they be considered better?

Come playoff time all the young pups will have a year under their belt . . . would they not be considered better then?

It’s funny how playoff success gives you a longer leash but these Cowboys are going have to go to a Super Bowl to be successful. The Cowboys go 9-8 and win two playoff games would Dak still get an extension at 55+ million a season?

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s funny how playoff success gives you a longer leash but these Cowboys are going have to go to a Super Bowl to be successful. The Cowboys go 9-8 and win two playoff games would Dak still get an extension at 55+ million a season?
With Lance as QB not Dak

TheCritic

Reaction score
Any Cowboys fan thinking playoffs right now is not being realistic, IMO. It's totally possible, but I look at the schedule and how young our roster is. It's going to take time for all of the changing parts to come together. The NFC East is going to be a lot tougher. The Eagles, Commodes and the Giants had more picks, more money to burn in FA. All these factors have me thinking slow start, finish stronger but missing the playoffs.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just asking for a better team at the end then the beginning.
Positive changes need to be made top to bottom for that to happen. So, let's hope.

fivetwos

Reaction score

For at least a year and change I’ve been saying that 9-8 with two playoff wins is better than 12-5 and one and done.

My complaint isn’t about the lack of championships, it’s about not even winning a divisional round game in forever.

NotForLong

Reaction score
For at least a year and change I’ve been saying that 9-8 with two playoff wins is better than 12-5 and one and done.

My complaint isn’t about the lack of championships, it’s about not even winning a divisional round game in forever.
And then you add in The Green Bay Fiasco, where they were never even in the game. It was over after the 1st Quarter. It sucked the life out of me. I was at a Bar and I wasn't even ashamed or embarrassed just a melancholy numbness

This franchise and fanbase need an infusion of energy some type of Hope

What I like about the Draft Class is that they are all fighters and maulers. Sure they will make mistakes but the energy will be there

I am considering Lance a part of that draft class with the added benefit of His talent and the fact He has sit for all this time. I am a huge believer in this sadly teams throw these kids to the Wolves because of the Salary implications.
Now these kids are running for their lives and develop bad habits

I believe Troy sitting and watching Steve elevated His game. Which was the biggest reason I wanted Romo to retain his job and maybe play a couple more years to mentor Dak. I loved the Dak pick but knew he needed polishing. I believe his faults are the result of not sitting and learning

At this point all we got is hope and sometimes hope turns people into believers. When you believe the sky is the limit . . . and that is what makes people better. It is only my opinion but I feel Dak sucks the Life out of the Room and this team needs rejuvenation

Here ks too the Youth as we watch them make this team better

NotForLong

Reaction score
Any Cowboys fan thinking playoffs right now is not being realistic, IMO. It's totally possible, but I look at the schedule and how young our roster is. It's going to take time for all of the changing parts to come together. The NFC East is going to be a lot tougher. The Eagles, Commodes and the Giants had more picks, more money to burn in FA. All these factors have me thinking slow start, finish stronger but missing the playoffs.
You are 100% right but this is my hope and how I feel and it is a distinct possibility. I do not believe we will make the Playoffs with Dak only if He is injured or benched and then we get our "Love" story in the form of Lance

NotForLong

Reaction score
Just asking for a better team at the end then the beginning.
Positive changes need to be made top to bottom for that to happen. So, let's hope.
This is the mind frame I am going into the season with. I do not expect much but Improvement from the Young Guys

morasp

Reaction score
Going into a season with expectations just sets you up for disappointment. Go in without any and if they do well it's a pleasant surprise.

Creeper

Reaction score
Well, I did a comparison of the Cowboys and Eagles likely starting rosters and the Eagles are way better, with the exception of QB. Of course that position is huge. But the Eagles should be so much better on defense than Dallas's K-Mart corp, the QBs won't make a big difference.

The Giants roster is still a bit of a mess and they lost their biggest offensive threat. I expect their OL will be a bit better. Their defense is still strong up front.

Washington will be playing with a rookie QB so that might hold them back a bit. Still I think Dallas will struggle with both the Giants and Commanders, even if they win those 4 games.

But, that isn't the problem. The Lions, 49ers, and Packers should all be better in 2024. Those are the team Dallas has to be to be considered improved. This team is looking at a 6-11 season IMO. It is a reflection of the offseason after all.