An intriguing height-weight-speed prospect,RD 5 | PICK 179 - Cowboys: Simi Fehoko WR

freemanjc19

Reaction score
If this team has one strength, its WR. Simi is looking at the practice squad.

I doubt it, new coaches like their players they drafted more and are going to slowly scrape away Jason Garret left overs like Noah Brown. It has always been this way when a new coaching staff takes over the reigns. I would bottom of the Depth chart guys are in trouble.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I doubt it, new coaches like their players they drafted more and are going to slowly scrape away Jason Garret left overs like Noah Brown. It has always been this way when a new coaching staff takes over the reigns. I would bottom of the Depth chart guys are in trouble.

They resigned both Wilson and Brown this offseason.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
We don't exactly have the QB for helping WR's build up
What kind of Qb would that be? The kind that hits them in stride or the ones that make them show off their athleticism and receiving skills?

Or are you just trolling around?

RS12

Reaction score
Could this guy put on a few pounds and become a Z type of tight end to create a few mismatches?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could this guy put on a few pounds and become a Z type of tight end to create a few mismatches?
Possibly, but I think he is their first dart at a possible #3 WR for 2022. If he doesnt show that ability and preseason, I could see them going the TE route

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Gallup not getting a second contract will have more to do with him seeking No. 1 receiver money IMO.
Unless Gallup is willing to take a team friendly deal because he wants to be a Cowboy, he will make much more on the open market and in todays NFL it is all business. I love Gallup because he has worked his way up from every level and he is still on the rise and we chose him. If it were me after the 2021 season I would cut Cooper and sign Gallup if I could get a modest contract. I think Amari is vastly underrated but he seems to have injury problems every year and this will not get better going forward. Having Lamb and Gallup just seems to be the business route to go.

Hoping someone at the bottom can push the top guy of the roster. That is the way it should be. Gallup will never be as good as Cooper athletically but if I can get Gallup for ten million a year and we have a young stud working up through the ranks then I would go that route.

I think Cooper is worth every penny we pay him. Gallup will never be as good as Cooper. The guy can literally get open on any route he wants to. But Gallup has shown durability and I can't put a price on what that is worth but it has to be a lot.

If these new guys can push everybody up I am all for signing Gallup and cutting Cooper. Just need one of these new WR to carve a niche. Fehoko can add a dimension and I am intrigued with Vasher too.

I don't want to see Cooper go, he is a really good receiver and seems like a good person too, but it is a business.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unless Gallup is willing to take a team friendly deal because he wants to be a Cowboy, he will make much more on the open market and in todays NFL it is all business. I love Gallup because he has worked his way up from every level and he is still on the rise and we chose him. If it were me after the 2021 season I would cut Cooper and sign Gallup if I could get a modest contract. I think Amari is vastly underrated but he seems to have injury problems every year and this will not get better going forward. Having Lamb and Gallup just seems to be the business route to go.

Hoping someone at the bottom can push the top guy of the roster. That is the way it should be. Gallup will never be as good as Cooper athletically but if I can get Gallup for ten million a year and we have a young stud working up through the ranks then I would go that route.

I think Cooper is worth every penny we pay him. Gallup will never be as good as Cooper. The guy can literally get open on any route he wants to. But Gallup has shown durability and I can't put a price on what that is worth but it has to be a lot.

If these new guys can push everybody up I am all for signing Gallup and cutting Cooper. Just need one of these new WR to carve a niche. Fehoko can add a dimension and I am intrigued with Vasher too.

I don't want to see Cooper go, he is a really good receiver and seems like a good person too, but it is a business.

I'll wait and see on that based on this season. As you said, Gallup is not as good as Cooper. So for me to cut Cooper and use that money to keep Gallup, either Lamb or Gallup needs to show the ability to take over the top spot or Cooper has to be sidelined with his health issues.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Didn’t Fehoko only start like 4 games at Stanford? If he can’t consistently crack the starting lineup in college and produce there— why would he all of a sudden do it in the NFL? Because he is an “athlete”?

I am fine taking a project/development pick, and I am rooting for the kid, but he has a long ways to go before he gets on the field as anything other than a special teams guy

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Didn’t Fehoko only start like 4 games at Stanford? If he can’t consistently crack the starting lineup in college and produce there— why would he all of a sudden do it in the NFL? Because he is an “athlete”?

I am fine taking a project/development pick, and I am rooting for the kid, but he has a long ways to go before he gets on the field as anything other than a special teams guy

While there's no denying that Fehoko lacks extensive experience, his success at Stanford isn't anything to be dismissed as unimpressive. The action he's likely to receive might be quite modest at first but significant talent is usually recognized in due time. It's a good bet that the staff will see enough in him to make the most of his presence as his development progresses.

It might well take time to get his feet wet but time should, most likely, be on his side. The talent is obviously there to be recognized if the coaches are reasonably competent. Let's hope they are just that. It seems likely that he should be noticed on the ST units in the early going. Baby steps . . . ;)

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
What kind of Qb would that be? The kind that hits them in stride or the ones that make them show off their athleticism and receiving skills?

Or are you just trolling around?

Dak isn't throwing it to dude to make plays.

Its no secret I don't like dak or trust him, but this isn't a diss.

I'm just saying he wants his wr to be open before he throws it.

He rarely, not ever, but rarely let's his wide receiver make a play

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Caddyshack- The World Need Ditch Diggers, Too - Bing video