An intriguing height-weight-speed prospect,RD 5 | PICK 179 - Cowboys: Simi Fehoko WR

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fehoko has some Gallup to his game. Big play guy on the outside who dropped some easy ones that came in basic routes.
But makes some great contested catches.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How's his route running?
Think Michael Gallup. He uses his body well but doesn't have the feet of a CeeDee.
Not a huge change of direction guy but has power and speed.

Dez Bryant style guy with far lesser hands.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Think Michael Gallup. He uses his body well but doesn't have the feet of a CeeDee.
Not a huge change of direction guy but has power and speed.

Dez Bryant style guy with far lesser hands.

Not sure at this stage of his football career he can fix that. I had great hands catching a football when I was young, but it came natural, never had a minute's worth of coaching in that regard....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure at this stage of his football career he can fix that. I had great hands catching a football when I was young, but it came natural, never had a minute's worth of coaching in that regard....
There is a reason he went R6.
But again there's a lot of value in guys with mediocre hands if they can concentrate and make the biggest plays and that has been Fehoko thus far.
DAL is really set at WR so this guy is likely trying to win a spot on special teams or the PS year 1 anyway.
We also brought in 20 UDFA WRs lol. It's the deepest position in the league so this kid could just never be heard from again by mid camp if he has too many drops.
With virtually all of the 125 D1 college teams throwing it 30+ times a game WRs are easy to come by.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Im with you. And this isn’t a Wilson or Brown sub. This is a Gallup replacement in 2022.

We might wanna wait and see if the guy can actually play football before we elect him to the Hall of Fame or even pencil him in to replace a legitimate NFL starter.. The NFL graveyards are littered with big fast guys who can't really play football. But they're big and fast and look good in a uniform. This dude had 63 catches, 1185 yards and 9 TDs in three seasons in the Pac 12 .. where frankly defense is optional. Gallup had 180 catches, 2705 yards and 27 TDs in two seasons in college in a vastly inferior program to Stanford. Essentially three times the production in 2/3 the seasons. I hope Fehoko becomes a good player for us but I try to stay away from the shiny new toy syndrome. Show me something.. Then we can talk.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is very likely an educated pick, based upon favoring our chances of making the most of a promising player with scant experience being as productive as he's been in the past. His production at WR with Stanford has been as impressive as it gets. A continuation of what he's done with them would be a blessing and then some, for this offense. Dak will have a picnic with the talent he'll have at hand in 2021. The Cowboys' WR bonanza continues! :)

I'd imagine Fehoko is going to have a lot of fun on Dak's field this off-season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Does the pick of Fehoko mean Gallup doesn't get a 2nd contract and walks in FA?

I think Gallup was already out after this season. We weren't going to be able to afford to resign him. I do think it's possible Fehoko could take his spot, but I think Lamb more likely does. Fehoko is probably going to be our slot.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think Gallup was already out after this season. We weren't going to be able to afford to resign him. I do think it's possible Fehoko could take his spot, but I think Lamb more likely does. Fehoko is probably going to be our slot.

Slot guys are usually much shorter and much quicker. I see him as more of a Dez-in-the-end-zone receiver, with his size.

Of course I always wanted to see Witten in that role, but the coaches didn't do that, maybe these new coaches will see the value of a big target in the end zone in short yardage situations....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Slot guys are usually much shorter and much quicker. I see him as more of a Dez-in-the-end-zone receiver, with his size.

Of course I always wanted to see Witten in that role, but the coaches didn't do that, maybe these new coaches will see the value of a big target in the end zone in short yardage situations....

I could see that with him filling a Dez-role. However, I think his speed would allow him to work the slot, unless we plan on having Lamb there. It'd be fascinating to see him in the slot with his measurables. I could also see him subbing for Coop, Gallup, or Lamb when they tire out either way, our WR is one of the best groups in the league imo.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Well I think it depends on several factors:

1. Cap for 2022. If it zooms way up, money probably won't be an issue.
2. Cooper's performance and salary for 2022. If he continues to fall down in big games and gets nagging injuries, he'd be the one to go instead of Gallup, possibly.
3. The development of Lamb. Most really good NFL receivers make big jumps in performance their second year, and Lamb was already pretty good. Could see a Gallup-Lamb no. 1 and 2 receiver package with any of several other receivers along with them. Trade Cooper for a good draft pick and grab a higher ranked receiver in next year's draft.
4. If he develops more he might be too valuable to pass up re-signing, Jerry has show he can sign anybody he really wants to, regardless of the cap situtaion.

Too early imho to make any predictions about Gallup...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I could see that with him filling a Dez-role. However, I think his speed would allow him to work the slot, unless we plan on having Lamb there. It'd be fascinating to see him in the slot with his measurables. I could also see him subbing for Coop, Gallup, or Lamb when they tire out either way, our WR is one of the best groups in the league imo.

Nice to have options, ain't it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well I think it depends on several factors:

1. Cap for 2022. If it zooms way up, money probably won't be an issue.
2. Cooper's performance and salary for 2022. If he continues to fall down in big games and gets nagging injuries, he'd be the one to go instead of Gallup, possibly.
3. The development of Lamb. Most really good NFL receivers make big jumps in performance their second year, and Lamb was already pretty good. Could see a Gallup-Lamb no. 1 and 2 receiver package with any of several other receivers along with them. Trade Cooper for a good draft pick and grab a higher ranked receiver in next year's draft.
4. If he develops more he might be too valuable to pass up re-signing, Jerry has show he can sign anybody he really wants to, regardless of the cap situtaion.

Too early imho to make any predictions about Gallup...

Trading Cool would be every better. I'd like to keep Gallup if we can. He's more consistent, imo, than Coop for reasons that have been talked about.

Motorola

Reaction score
This pick has me excited.

Questionable hands scare me but he’s got the athleticism and circus catch ability in him and he gets small and runs well after the catch.

This pick has home run potential imo.

When I see players like this I always think... What if he went to school at Alabama...
Fehoko starred at a Salt Lake City suburb HS - selected to USA Today All-USA HS Football 2nd Team and rated a 4-star recruit. Probably not on Coach Saban's radar at the time.