Analyzing Bledsoe.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
LOL!

Yeah... I manage to do that with a lot of woman... too bad most of the time it's the result of being pissed off as much as anything! :D

Mike, what is that in your Sigpick, 50 Cal AK-AK Gun?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
Mike, what is that in your Sigpick, 50 Cal AK-AK Gun?

Its nickname is the "Quad-fifty". The official term the army gave it was the M51. It can fire around 1,800 rounds a minute.

It's 4 Browing .50 caliber machine-gun all operated from central firing position.

Yep, an anti-aircraft weapon but I can tell you first hand that it is devastating against ground targets as well.

I was standing 20 feet away from it and the ground actually shook from the vibration those 4 guns created. And the noise was unbelievable. Television and movies don't do the real noise justice.

The other thing most people don't realize is just how large a .50 cal bullet is. I mean they are huge! If you got hit with just one it would be devastating but no doubt if you got hit it would be by more than one.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Well.

This thread went to hell quickly. :)

Well what do you want. We've had a 1,000 (or so it seems) Bledos pro-con threads. Let's just start training camp already. :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Its nickname is the "Quad-fifty". The official term the army gave it was the M51. It can fire around 1,800 rounds a minute.

It's 4 Browing .50 caliber machine-gun all operated from central firing position.

Yep, an anti-aircraft weapon but I can tell you first hand that it is devastating against ground targets as well.

I was standing 20 feet away from it and the ground actually shook from the vibration those 4 guns created. And the noise was unbelievable. Television and movies don't do the real noise justice.

The other thing most people don't realize is just how large a .50 cal bullet is. I mean they are huge! If you got hit with just one it would be devastating but no doubt if you got hit it would be by more than one.

I thought so. I haven't seen one of those in years. Actually, they mount those things on damn near anything. It's used often as a field artillery piece, or at least, it used to be. It is pretty impressive to be in close proximaty to one during a live fire excercise. I imagine it's even more impressive to be in close proximaty of one while delivering live fire on your position.

If you've never had the opportunity, you would be impressed with the Phalanx CIWS. Those things are amazing to see. Uncany how effective they are as part of an AEGIS fire defense system.

OK, back to Bledsoe.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
I thought so. I haven't seen one of those in years. Actually, they mount those things on damn near anything. It's used often as a field artillery piece, or at least, it used to be. It is pretty impressive to be in close proximaty to one during a live fire excercise. I imagine it's even more impressive to be in close proximaty of one while delivering live fire on your position.

If you've never had the opportunity, you would be impressed with the Phalanx CIWS. Those things are amazing to see. Uncany how effective they are as part of an AEGIS fire defense system.

OK, back to Bledsoe.

Who's Bledsoe? :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
If anyone was misused or under-used it was Galloway. The only game Glenn played without Galloway vs. New England he was shut out. That's inexcusable. Galloway was so disinterested he was the only one on the entire offense who remembered to step it up in the playoffs.

Basically Quincy Carter was one sad and overwhelmed QB.
We're ALL somebody's Pavlovian dog, here Ravi. :p: You salivate for Joey, I for T. Ding!!

Come on. In 03 Joey got the downfield routes, Terry went over the middle and out of the slot much much more than the other two. No, it's not inexcusable to be shut out vs the Pats, not when the whole defensive plan is taking you out cause you're the only one worth keying, Ty Law is on you all night and they're rolling double coverages on your side to boot.

What was inexcusable that night was Bryant, and his drops, and the single coverage he saw and failed to take advantage of. I have to check but I don't think Terry was completely shut out...think he got one lonely pass. I have friends who wre at that game and told me Ty did an outstanding job but T was open several plays Q just didn't see him..and it looked to them like Q had been told not to try to thread any needles with Law. (And that's not a Carter bash, hed did at least as well against Mumbles as Payton Manning typically deos.

I have no doubt Joey would have caught no more had he faced that coverage. He's out of here because he passive aggressively-smirked his way thru the season and took on nothing like a vet leadership role...didn't seem willing to diversify his game the way Glenn has. Compare his reaction to the Parcells regime with that of Darren Woodson. The man just collected a paycheck that year.

There's the true meaning of "one-trick pony". Let's see if he even starts in Tampa this year.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I've notice the fever pitch heights that you manage to inspire from LTN. You guys definatly have that whole Senergy thing going on.

He's nothing but a Bledsoe-baiting agitator, now he doesn't have Eddie George to kick around anymore. :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Nice work, jt.

A theme here has been Drew needs to have a full deck to deal, and he didn't have that in Buffalo (pass protection, te), or in NE in his latter years there. But that Tuna is hell bent on creating the same style bus for the same style O with the same style results as in 96.

On paper it looks like Bledsoe will have as close to the support cast he had in NE in 96 (altho no Bruce Armstrong level tackle on either end). JJ for Martin, Witten for Coates, A slower T for a more route savvy T, and Johnson's possession skills for Shawn/Sean Shaun? Jefferson's complementary receiver skills. There is one notable lack tho, in addition to a perrenial Pro Bowl tackle...a fullback the quality of Sam Gash in his prime. Best blocking fb I ever saw. But, this lineup has a fine blocking TE in Campbell, so it may even out.

I tend to think along this "give Bledsoe the same horses" line a lot, but at the same time realize it's wishful thinking. There is no possibility Tuna can be successful with Drew in the same way he was in 96. Too many DCs have exposed him, and it will take more than a couple of sprint outs to mask that.

Too many OCs have failed to break him of the holding-the-ball-too-long habit. Eight seasons of bad habits have transpired since Bill had success with him. We know know you cannot feature "timing" passes as Zampese regretfully tried, nor as horizontal a game as McBride tried to install in Buffalo..the repertoire is limited when field vision and fast decision making is the issue. We saw it with Q, but we have not seen it with a vet QB as experienced as Bledsoe. I for one was not surprised in the least to hear Mike Mayock on Playbook say Tuna will have Drew "read half the field".

I think the creativity of Payton is going to make or break this passing game. As much or more than the running of JJ and Co.. play action has to be the core.

When you have a QB every DC has "made" for so long (geez, Greg Williams?) it takes innovation as well as execution to pull it off. When DCs scheme our O, looking for the weak areas for advantageous match-ups , it's going to be the guy behind center, not the TE, not the wideouts, not the runner they will be scheming. You beat a Bledsoe team by beating Bledsoe. His arm is greatly diminished by the time it takes him to figure out what to do, much more so than Testaverde's now zipless arm. And unlike Carter, Drew just can't take off....

We've seen QB limitations, and they all have them..how well the bus's (particularly the oline's) can compensate for Drew's will tell the story.

We shall see.

Very interesting concept to compare some of his more successful teams, wish I had done that myself. I called the guy a journeyman and ironically got more cat calls from his detractors than his fans. lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
OK Cowpie the answer is pretty straightforward...

The fact is when just looking at his overall quarterback rating Drew Bledsoe can be "good" on occasion but for the most part is average at best. His quarterback ratings number bare that out. He's achieved top-10 numbers in some categories due to longevity and not necessarily because he's an all-time great.

Here's a quick question. Even though he's achieved top-10 numbers in some categories is he a "Hall of Famer"? I would think virtually all fans that watch the sport, excluding Tunawater, Nors and BNA, would say "no". Now think about that for a moment. Here's a guy that has rung up some impressive numbers in some categories and he's not even close to being a "Hall-of-Famer".

The final point is, and I've asked this before, how many quarterbacks of Bledsoe reputation end up losing their starting job on two different ball clubs before the age of 33? Other than Warren Moon there are damn few. So what does that tell you?

It tells you the guy is just above average... but not much more than that and in my heart the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys should have more upside potential that what Drew Bledsoe brings to the table.

Heck if Cliff Harris isn't a Hall of Famer then I am not sure we wanna use that as a mark of whether or not a guy can play this game.

Give me Rayfield Wright, Cliff Harris, Michael Irvin and Drew Bledsoe and you can have your choice of Hall of Fame QB and 3 scrubs I name later, lol.

I agree he is just above average. Nothing wrong with above average tho.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
Heck if Cliff Harris isn't a Hall of Famer then I am not sure we wanna use that as a mark of whether or not a guy can play this game.

Give me Rayfield Wright, Cliff Harris, Michael Irvin and Drew Bledsoe and you can have your choice of Hall of Fame QB and 3 scrubs I name later, lol.

I agree he is just above average. Nothing wrong with above average tho.

The difference is JT is that Harris, Wright and Irvin dominated their positions for several years. Bledsoe had two Pro-Bowl seasons and I don't think at any time you could could say Bledsoe was in the top 5 of his position for more than a season. The others were consistently.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
Very interesting concept to compare some of his more successful teams, wish I had done that myself. I called the guy a journeyman and ironically got more cat calls from his detractors than his fans. lol.

That'll teach you! ;)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jterrell said:
. I called the guy a journeyman and ironically got more cat calls from his detractors than his fans. lol.

Well, there are those who want the journey to end... ;)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Jesus. Bledsoe topics blow up like none other. I started one and it went over 1000 replies. Stop the madness

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
He's nothing but a Bledsoe-baiting agitator, now he doesn't have Eddie George to kick around anymore. :D
That analysis was surgical it was so clean.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
That analysis was surgical it was so clean.

But what she doesn't tell you is that she's like putty in my hands... :D

I can make her "hate" Bledsoe this fast! (snapping fingers-- well sorta, remember I'm Polish)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaxor said:
Let me again say... NO that is N -O - NO team in there right mind gives away a quality QB...
Unless you are Buffalo and you just got killed in a trade you made ( :eek: ) to pick up your QB of the future named Losman.