And just like that we've been surpassed by the Lions

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Its not Jerry’s fault… according to some people in this board…
Well, according to Cowboys Nation, we blame EVERYone involved.

Of course we blame Jerry, Mr. Owner/GM. No matter how many All-Pro players he puts on the field, we always find a way to blame Jerry for any roster mishaps.

Next, we blame Dak, under the assumption if we just had Patrick Mahomes or Burrow, they would be able to overcome the mediocre coaching and the owner's foibles and lift this franchise with consistent deep playoff runs.

But of course it's McCarthy's fault too, he's the coach. And if this team can't win a Big Game, it must be his fault.

And then there's Quinn, who at one point was seen as the Cowboys best coach of 'em all, until fans realized that without Pick-6's and punchouts, the defense is pretty average, and in the Big Games, often below average. His defensive game plans and in-game adjustments leave a lot to be desired.

Micah seems to disappear and look disgruntled in most games when he's not able to get a sack, as if sacks are the only stat that matters. Of course he's not "good enough" in many games, and then pouts about it afterwards.

The Cowboys have no viable Free Safety. It's rare that a Cowboys FS makes a play on a pass, and oftentimes they're not even in the frame of a medium or deep throw. Certainly some of the blame has to fall on them.

Mazi lost too much weight.

Damone Clark is not impactful enough, though it's hard to make an impact when you're the only true LB on the field.

And we could add 10 more players to this list (Pollard, Gallup, Bland, Gallimore, Hankins, Kearse, Odighizuwa, and more).

But, it all starts with Jerry...but McCarthy is bad, and Dak is awful, and where's Micah? And that Quinn...

The cycle continues... LOL

:facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s another great example how the rest of the league has a greater opportunity of finally getting it right when not up against a dysfunctional ownership strangleholding football operations.

9of11

Reaction score
The Lions used to have an owner what meddled too much in the team locker room, always wanted to be in the middle of every decision, draft players and basically coached the team...does it sound familiar? The Lions got better when the owner died...Now, I wouldnt wish death on anyone EVER. The Lions got better when his daughter took over the team because she stepped away and let football guys start making the decisions. We are the new Lions...from past...we have the same type owner, our team is failing...the only difference, we win games, win our conference, get in playoffs...and cant get beyond the 1st or 2nd round...for almost 30 years...its our owner and the decisions he makes..

shabazz

Reaction score
Has any team played worse in this playoffs than the Cowboys?

Tampa, Eagles, Rams, Browns Texans Bills Dolphins, Steelers all lost but had more fight and heart in their losses than the Cowboys did.

This culture is the laughingstock of the NFL....it has to change

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Lions used to have an owner what meddled too much in the team locker room, always wanted to be in the middle of every decision, draft players and basically coached the team...does it sound familiar? The Lions got better when the owner died...Now, I wouldnt wish death on anyone EVER. The Lions got better when his daughter took over the team because she stepped away and let football guys start making the decisions. We are the new Lions...from past...we have the same type owner, our team is failing...the only difference, we win games, win our conference, get in playoffs...and cant get beyond the 1st or 2nd round...for almost 30 years...its our owner and the decisions he makes..
maybe we need a female owner,,,

Zordon

Reaction score
They actually believe they had a great season and the playoff disaster was just some weird thing that happened to them.
The FO is giddy about winning the bid for the 2026 World Cup Final.

The marketing dept is brainstorming World Cup/Cowboys promos.

The Cowboys media are walking on eggshells b/c they are tied to the hip with marketing.

The coaches are patting themselves on the back for another 12 win season.

The players are on social media demanding appreciation from fans.

I promise you nobody in that building feels any responsibility or guilt for what they've done to this franchise.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
We’ve been surpassed by the Lions. The team during my 30 year life on earth that’s been a walking punchline. The team that went 0-16. The JV Thanksgiving team. This team has now passed the Dallas Cowboys, as if we needed to add more insult to this miserable postseason for us. Feels horrible honestly knowing we’re in a race with the Commanders to be the most embarrassing team in the NFC this century

Wish ownership felt the shame and disappointment I do right now
Don't forget the PACKERS too.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We’ve been surpassed by the Lions. The team during my 30 year life on earth that’s been a walking punchline. The team that went 0-16. The JV Thanksgiving team. This team has now passed the Dallas Cowboys, as if we needed to add more insult to this miserable postseason for us. Feels horrible honestly knowing we’re in a race with the Commanders to be the most embarrassing team in the NFC this century

They've surpassed us this year, sure.

But teams aren't judged by one year, or one decade.

If the Lions win the SB this year, that will be ONE. Think it's likely they will get 4 more anytime soon? I also note that the Lions had the 20th strength of schedule (based on last year's record, of course). By getting to the NFCCG, they'll have a lot tougher schedule next year (probably). We'll see how they do with that. Overall they are 591-707-34. Meaning if they won every game for the next 5 years, they'd STILL have an overall losing record.

I'm as disappointed as anybody with the Cowboys, but I judge teams by their total record, not just one year. When the Saints won their sole SB many said they were (finally!) on their way to winning several more, with Brees, Thomas, Jordan etc. in their prime and a top coach in Payton. Well, Brees is gone. Payton is gone. Thomas is gone. Jordan is 35 years old and declining. When I pointed out to gleeful Saints fans after the SB win they only had one vs. Dallas' 5, they all said, "I'm talking about THIS YEAR". So, I told them that was fine, I'd check back with them in a few years. Well, now they don't talk smack about my Cowboys anymore. We haven't won the SB for 28 years but it's been 14 for them. Still a long time, eh?

Let Lions fans do like the Saints fans, but they'd better do more than the Saints did after SB win IF they win it, or they'll still be one of the laughing stocks of the NFL...

DandyDon52

Reaction score

and on top of that jerry is bringing back the same HC, and turned down, didnt even talk to Bill Belechik, the biggest winner of SB's, and Harbaugh
who is also a known good coach.
That is what rubs me the wrong way, is how he could just ignore 2 great coaches, for watermelon mike !!??

Jerry just doesnt like changes, even when it is desperately needed.
He also always thinks they are close, which they are not lol, but thats how he sees it.