And this is why we need a new QB

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe the final grades are in on Dak yet either. I think this year is the year he has to show what he can actually do and we should wait for that script to play out but I don't think we should come to any hard and fast decision just yet. However, being named, not getting voted in, to the Pro Bowl is not really proof that he has had a good season. The Pro Bowl itself is not really an indicator either because players from big market teams have advantage. You get guys in who probably are not the best at their positions but the most popular. Make an All Pro team and then you have something. At least, that's my opinion.

This is all a fair outlook. The Dak situation is really a tough one to decide. I would prefer to see Dak play another season before making a long, high priced commitment, but if we do that we run the risk of him leaving as a free agent or being forced to use the franchise tag.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Actually it would be his 11th practice...but who's counting. I'd put money on it right now....I could make that throw from my couch with more accuracy. Seriously....I might have to make a video to prove it.
I wish you would. After 40 takes you might get it right but I bet you can't pump the ball 40 yards in the air and be on target unless the target is standing still.

You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to throwing the ball that far with accuracy.

Blake

Reaction score
What's worse?...thinking Kellen could play in the NFL....(His last game throwing for 435 and 3tds)...or putting stock in the pro bowl...

Inquiring minds want to know....:popcorn:

Whatever stock you wish to put in the pro bowl. Making it is not a sign of "major regression", or whatever other hyperbole you wish to use.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand the Romo "Survivors Guilt Syndrome", but Moore?

PAPPY was talking about Teddy Bridgewater, who hasn't proven even remotely as much as Dak has. Of course, PAPPY has always proven to have a wildly unreasonable viewpoint on Dak. I get not being sure of Dak just yet, and I even get it if someone doubts Dak will ever prove to be the right guy, but PAPPY acts as if Dak is the worst QB in the NFL and has shown no ability at all. That's so contrary to fact that to believe that blows any chance for PAPPY to be considered credible on any topic. Of course, Dak is his only topic. He's obsessed. I'm pretty sure Dak must have compromised his sister's virtue.

Reactions: G2

Blake

Reaction score
I don't believe the final grades are in on Dak yet either. I think this year is the year he has to show what he can actually do and we should wait for that script to play out but I don't think we should come to any hard and fast decision just yet. However, being named, not getting voted in, to the Pro Bowl is not really proof that he has had a good season. The Pro Bowl itself is not really an indicator either because players from big market teams have advantage. You get guys in who probably are not the best at their positions but the most popular. Make an All Pro team and then you have something. At least, that's my opinion.

I'm just countering the argument that Dak has shown "major regression" since his rookie year. If there were major regression, pro bowl wouldn't even have been up for discussion. And yes, I believe Dak has much to prove this year.

Blake

Reaction score
What's worse?...thinking Kellen could play in the NFL....(His last game throwing for 435 and 3tds)...or putting stock in the pro bowl...

Inquiring minds want to know....:popcorn:

Definitely thinking Kellen could play. Dak's already has more longevity in the league as as starter than your bae could ever hope for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As far as Jaylon goes...

First off this drill heavily favors the offensive players and Pollard is a 4.3 guy.

Second... Jaylon playing man coverage and having to turn and run backwards is his biggest weakness.

He can play anything in front of him and go sideline to sideline but you do not want Jaylon in situations where he has to turn and accelerate backwards.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You're the guy who thought Moore should be the starter, so your word on QBs literally means NOTHING.
and every scout thought Brady was a below average QB, so no one in the NFL actually is any better at judging talent.

Blake

Reaction score
and every scout thought Brady was a below average QB, so no one in the NFL actually is any better at judging talent.

Until Brady proved he could play. Floaty was on the Moore train even after he was exposed in the NFL.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a refresher. Oh No! came up small in big moments. It's a historical fact.
So no actual facts, just a video showing him throwing ints? Not even a regular fact either, a historical fact.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
PAPPY was talking about Teddy Bridgewater, who hasn't proven even remotely as much as Dak has. Of course, PAPPY has always proven to have a wildly unreasonable viewpoint on Dak. I get not being sure of Dak just yet, and I even get it if someone doubts Dak will ever prove to be the right guy, but PAPPY acts as if Dak is the worst QB in the NFL and has shown no ability at all. That's so contrary to fact that to believe that blows any chance for PAPPY to be considered credible on any topic. Of course, Dak is his only topic. He's obsessed. I'm pretty sure Dak must have compromised his sister's virtue.
Lol, nice.
Yeah, it's unrealistic points like that that make this forum entertaining.

My take: Prescott is a little better than he was his rookie season. And to me, I'm fine with that if we continue to be competitive. If Prescott keeps improving, then that's a big plus. I have a feeling he will get better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wish you would. After 40 takes you might get it right but I bet you can't pump the ball 40 yards in the air and be on target unless the target is standing still.

You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to throwing the ball that far with accuracy.

In all fairness, I'm in my 50s and I can go outside right now and lob the ball 40 yards, downfield and get it closer then what I saw on that replay. I'm not saying I'm a great QB but honestly, he missed by a significant margin. I know I could go outside right now, and come closer then that. Now, I couldn't play QB for the Dallas Cowboys and Dak can so yeah, there is that for sure. I just don't get how Dak can be so good at certain things and yet, he can't hit a wide open play like that, not even get close. It's weird.

Blake

Reaction score
So no actual facts, just a video showing him throwing ints? Not even a regular fact either, a historical fact.

Here's some inconvenient facts for you. All on Romo, the interception machine.

2006, Game #16 – After holding a narrow lead early in the fourth quarter, the Cowboys lose their regular season finale to the previously 2-13 Detroit Lions. Romo loses a fumble with 4:19 left in the game, down by five points. Although a win by the Philadelphia Eagles later in the day made this game meaningless, at the time it was played, a win would have given Dallas a chance to win the division title and avoid playing its subsequent playoff game on the road. FINAL SCORE: Detroit 39, Dallas 31.

2006, Wild Card Game – The Seahawks take a late lead after the Cowboys blow a seven-point lead in the fourth quarter. After getting his team into position for a chip-shot 19 yard FG to win the game with just over a minute left to play, Romo fumbles the snap and is tackled short of the end zone. FINAL SCORE: Seattle 21, Dallas 20.

2007, Game #14 – Needing only a FG to overcome a one-point deficit with just under three minutes remaining in the game, Romo throws an interception in Philadelphia territory. FINAL SCORE: Philadelphia 10, Dallas 6.

2007, Divisional Playoff Game – Upon losing a three-point fourth quarter lead to the New York Giants, Romo proceeds to finish the game by misfiring on 11 of his final 18 pass attempts. On the game’s final drive, he takes a critical sack, has an intentional grounding penalty, and throws an interception in the end zone with 16 seconds remaining. FINAL SCORE: New York Giants 21, Dallas 17.

2008, Game #6 – Romo takes a sack and fumbles deep in his own territory during the opening possession of overtime against the Arizona Cardinals. Though he recovers the fumble, the subsequent punt is blocked for a touchdown. FINAL SCORE: Arizona 23, Dallas 17 (OT).

2008, Game #13 – Once ahead by 10 points in the fourth quarter, Dallas gets the ball back late in a tie game. Romo proceeds to throw an interception that is returned for the game-winning touchdown with 1:40 remaining. FINAL SCORE: Pittsburgh 20, Dallas 13.

2008, Game #15 – Early in the fourth quarter and down by nine points, Romo fumbles on third and 1 and the Cowboys are forced to settle for a FG on the next play. Dallas would later get within two points. FINAL SCORE: Baltimore 33, Dallas 24.

2008, Game #16 – In what amounts to an elimination game in the season’s regular season finale, Dallas gets run over by the Philadelphia Eagles. Romo winds up with only 4.7 yards per pass attempt and accounts for three turnovers (one of which is returned for a touchdown on the opening possession of the second half) in the Cowboys’ most lopsided loss in 20 years. The Cowboys finish the season 1-3, missing the playoffs by a game. FINAL SCORE: Philadelphia 44, Dallas 6.

2009, Game #4 – After the Denver Broncos overcome a three-point deficit earlier in the fourth quarter, Dallas has three plays from the 2-yard line at the end of the game to send it into overtime. Romo spikes the ball on the first play and throws incomplete passes to Sam Hurd on the subsequent two plays. FINAL SCORE: Denver 17, Dallas 10.

2009, Game #9 – After the Green Bay Packers extend their lead to 10 points early in the fourth quarter, Romo takes a sack and loses a fumble with nearly 12 minutes remaining in the game. The Packers score a touchdown two plays later. On the following possession, the Cowboys drive to the Green Bay 1-yard line, where Romo proceeds to throw an interception, essentially ending the game. FINAL SCORE: Green Bay 17, Dallas 7.

2010, Game #2 – With 4:01 left in the game, Romo takes a sack and loses a fumble at the Chicago Bears’ 37-yard line. FINAL SCORE: Chicago 27, Dallas 20.

2010, Game #4 – Romo throws an interception on the Dallas 13-yard line with 7:30 remaining in a tie game. The go-ahead touchdown is scored on the very next play. Later on, with just under a minute to go, Romo throws another interception at the Dallas 40-yard line while driving for the tying touchdown. FINAL SCORE: Tennessee 34, Dallas 27.

2010, Game #5 – With 7:33 left to play in a tie game, Romo throws an interception on the Dallas 30-yard line. The turnover leads to the game-winning field goal. FINAL SCORE: Minnesota 24, Dallas 21.

2011, Game #1 – A 14-point fourth quarter lead is cut in half before Romo gets the Cowboys deep into the New York Jets’ territory. He is sacked and loses a fumble at the 3-yard line with a little less than nine minutes to play. After the Jets tie it up, Romo throws an interception on the Cowboys’ 41-yard line with a minute remaining, leading to the game-winning field goal. FINAL SCORE: New York Jets 27, Dallas 24.

2011, Game #4 – Dallas sees a 24-point third quarter lead and 13-point fourth quarter lead trickle down to three points. With 4:22 left in the game, Romo throws an interception on the Dallas 40-yard line, leading to the game-winning touchdown. FINAL SCORE: Detroit 34, Dallas 30.

2011, Game #13 – Once up by 12 points in the fourth quarter, Dallas is still clinging to a five-point lead with 2:30 to play. The New York Giants have only one time out left when Romo misses on a throw to a completely wide open Miles Austin that would have sealed the victory. Instead, the Cowboys are forced to punt and the Giants proceed to score the game-winning touchdown. FINAL SCORE: New York Giants 37, Dallas 34.

2011, Game #16 – Romo turns the ball over twice in a winner-take-all NFC East division title game. The Cowboys finish the season 1-4, missing the playoffs by a game. FINAL SCORE: New York Giants 31, Dallas 14.

2012, Game #7 – After the New York Giants come back to take a five-point edge in the fourth quarter, Romo has the Cowboys in position to regain the lead. With 1:03 remaining, Romo throws an interception at the Giants’ 17-yard line, his fourth pick of the game. FINAL SCORE: New York Giants 29, Dallas 24.

2012, Game #16 – In yet another regular season finale elimination game with the NFC East title on the line, the Cowboys come up short. Down by three points with three minutes remaining, Romo throws an interception on the Dallas 27-yard line. Dallas finishes the year with two straight losses, missing the playoffs by a game. FINAL SCORE: Washington 28, Dallas 18.

2013, Game #2 – Romo gets sacked and loses a fumble at the Dallas 31-yard line, down by four points with 11 minutes to play. FINAL SCORE: Kansas City 17, Dallas 16.

2013, Game #5 – In a matchup against one of the best offenses the NFL has seen, the Cowboys hang in to the very end with the Denver Broncos. Romo puts up great numbers with over 500 yards passing, but again makes a crucial mistake at the most inopportune time. With two minutes remaining in a tie game, Romo throws an interception at the Dallas 24-yard line, leading to the game-winning field goal. FINAL SCORE: Denver 51, Dallas 48.

2013, Game #14 – Leading by 23 points at the half, Dallas has its lead cut to five points late in the fourth quarter. Romo audibles out of a running play and proceeds to throw an interception on the Dallas 45-yard line with 2:46 left in the game. The Green Bay Packers proceed to score the go-ahead touchdown. On the Cowboys’ ensuing possession, Romo throws yet another interception at the Dallas 32-yard line with 1:24 to play, essentially ending the game. FINAL SCORE: Green Bay 37, Dallas 36.

http://www.numericsports.com/2013/12/17/its-time-to-stop-apologizing-for-tony-romo/

Blake

Reaction score
yes I was PO'd at Romo several times, but he did more in those final moments to win than to lose. That's a historical fact.

He threw many costly interceptions in late season games to kill his team's chances. The revisionist history surrounding Romo, is hilarious. :laugh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, nice.
Yeah, it's unrealistic points like that that make this forum entertaining.

My take: Prescott is a little better than he was his rookie season. And to me, I'm fine with that if we continue to be competitive. If Prescott keeps improving, then that's a big plus. I have a feeling he will get better.

My viewpoint is similar. I wish I was 100% all in on Dak, but he hasn't quite convinced me to that degree. Still, I know we are very competitive with him, and he has the right attitude and is still young and has the opportunity get better. The fact that we have twice in his three years been a rats hair from the NFC championship game is hard to ignore.