And this is why we need a new QB

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Floatyworm, Aug 1, 2019.

1. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

16,402 Messages
    13,350 Likes Received
    It was a drill with no safety help over the top. You can't tell from that when he needed to throw the ball. For all we know the intent of the drill was to throw a downfield pass

2. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

5,842 Messages
    9,693 Likes Received
    Keep in mind that in seasons that the Defense was considered good, it always seemed to collapse when it mattered most and couldn't get stops, forcing the offense to take chances. That doesn't excuse interceptions, but it's not all on Romo.

Talk about revisionist history.

Afigueroa22 likes this.
  3. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,827 Messages
    5,773 Likes Received
    No matter how bad you Romosexuals wish to bury the truth, history is undefeated.

4. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,827 Messages
    5,773 Likes Received
    This one is 100% on Romo.

5. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,771 Messages
    41,579 Likes Received
    Bad memories.

Blake likes this.
  6. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,827 Messages
    5,773 Likes Received
    But hey, Romo could throw deep, but apparently can't excute a simple dump off to the RB in crunch time. If Dak does that, he'll be grilled alive.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  7. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,574 Messages
    4,387 Likes Received
    Have you ever even watched a football game?

8. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,275 Messages
    9,692 Likes Received
    Keep families out of this.....dang classless Dak lovers!

9. DeathMonkey

5,842 Messages
    9,693 Likes Received
    Oh, so when the O-line couldn't even give him a second, it's all on him. Yep, I can see how you'd put that 100% on the QB when a dude got to him without even being bumped. Teams win as a team and lose as a team. He helped the team lose that one, but he wasn't the only one. Why couldn't the defense make stops? Why couldn't the O-line actually protect? Oh, but never mind that. It's always the QB no matter what. There are never mitigating circumstances.:rolleyes:

10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

9,820 Messages
    11,893 Likes Received
    Like that makes it better.

11. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

16,402 Messages
    13,350 Likes Received
    I know, that's a touchy subject. Damn that Dak Prescott! He should have gone after your girlfriend instead.

12. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,771 Messages
    41,579 Likes Received
    No but at least then we'll actually have games to criticize.

13. EGTuna

EGTuna Well-Known Member

795 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    It's not comparing. It's pointing out the absurdity of judging one pass (particularly in practice). Quite frankly, I'd rather Dak miss a wide open rookie RB (who turned his head too soon looking for the ball, which slowed him down - just ask Amari who commented on that last season) than miss a wide open RB in the AFC Champ game, then take a sack on the next play getting them out of FG range in a game the Chiefs LOST BY THREE POINTS. But make no mistake, I think Mahomes is better.

14. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

5,807 Messages
    8,618 Likes Received
  15. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,827 Messages
    5,773 Likes Received
    The first step towards recovery is admitting Romo screwed up, so kudos for that half hearted confession. No such thing as a perfect team, but the fact remains Romo had the ball in the closing moments of the game and pissed away any chance for a comeback with another goofy choke job.

16. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

8,802 Messages
    11,036 Likes Received
    Not to quibble, but you do realize that Prescott made the Pro Bowl as the third alternate, right?

Floatyworm likes this.
  17. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,827 Messages
    5,773 Likes Received
    I'm just saying it contradicts the hyperbole of "major regression". That was literally my only point. Players that are majorly regressing get benched, not selected to play in pro bowls.

18. Romotil45

Romotil45 Well-Known Member

1,008 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    This is nothing unusual its just Dak he is too risk adverse he needs recievers wide open to pull the trigger.

19. DeathMonkey

5,842 Messages
    9,693 Likes Received
    First step? I never coddled Romo. When he screwed up, I'd call it out. I just didn't put all of the blame on him like some people who had no concept of the game being a team game.

20. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

1,411 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    Did Dak play with this RB last year? Did the RB play with Dak last year?

Have we had a losing season with this QB?

2016* 13-3-0 Playoffs
    2017 9-7-0
    2018* 10-6-0 Playoffs

We talking about Practice! Not a Game! We Talking about practice! We talking about Practice!