And we think our FO is stupid

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ten years head coaching contract at 100 million
( guaranteed ),,,I'd like to of thought there was some kind of employed method ,like compiling high draft picks by tanking and then busting loose in a big way once that franchise is firmly entrenched up in Vegas,,,but,,, it might be looking like his only "plan" is having no intention of coaching the full 10 years/be terminated ,while still getting paido_O

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ten years head coaching contract at 100 million
( guaranteed ),,,I'd like to of thought there was some kind of employed method ,like compiling high draft picks by tanking and then busting loose in a big way once that franchise is firmly entrenched up in Vegas,,,but,,, it might be looking like his only "plan" is having no intention of coaching the full 10 years/be terminated ,while still getting paido_O
They traded away a non Diva for the leagues biggest Diva.. I find that so entertaining, Melon, that's good stuff right there bro.
I actually believed Chucky had a plan as well, this move is a headshaker move at best.
the deal was finalized late Saturday night.... maybe Chucky wakes up with a hangover and a few regrets?

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Raiders make me appreciate the Cowboys FO so much.
Now you do remember that when Jerry first purchased this franchise that his biggest mentor was Al Davis.
Jerry sought out Al Davis, to be that mentor.
May the man R I P.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
They traded away a non Diva for the leagues biggest Diva.. I find that so entertaining, Melon, that's good stuff right there bro.
Ya,it's a head scratcher, I just read in another A.B./ Raiders thread that Pittsburgh is eating a 21 million cap hit with his departure this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ya,it's a head scratcher, I just read in another A.B./ Raiders thread that Pittsburgh is eating a 21 million cap hit with his departure this year.
Its the new NFL mantra... Diva WRs make you eat dead cap,,, ummm,, tasty.

ghst187

Reaction score
Chucky is literally destroying the Raiders. At this rate, they won't have a team worth watching at their new hometown of Las Vegas in another 2-3 years. What a huge mistake it was hiring Jon Gruden.

Just like Brown, the Raiders are paying premium for Grudens past performance with another team, one someone else built, and just like Chip Kelly, when allowed to GM, he will ensure that team is in the toilet until he gets fired. I still remember all the pundits incessant referral to Chip Kelly as “genius” and I see the same colossal train wreck coming for Gruden.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Now you do remember that when Jerry first purchased this franchise that his biggest mentor was Al Davis.
Jerry sought out Al Davis, to be that mentor.
May the man R I P.
That has nothing to do with the Raider FO in its current version.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

He did kind of force them to get rid of him. Not knowing how all the financial / contract stuff works in the NFL, I can't say what other choice they had.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I actually believed Chucky had a plan as well, this move is a headshaker move at best.
the deal was finalized late Saturday night.... maybe Chucky wakes up with a hangover and a few regrets?

He made this trade for a 3rd + 5th + #1 WR and got a 1st + #1 WR. IMO not too shabby.

And AB is an upgrade compared to the pooper.

Btw: what do you think Cooper is going to cost us ?