And we think our FO is stupid

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry isn't stupid, but he's football stupid. Big difference. What you're describing is football stupid.

True, but don’t we also have to include the positive stuff? I know, I know, 23 years and all, but 3 Lombardis, and how many NFCE titles? Most valuable franchise, largest fan base, blah blah blah. Hell, Philly went 57 years!

Hey look, I’m a moron, but if I’m immersed in ANYTHING for 30 years, I’ll pick up enough to pull me out of the stupid category!

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely, but there's different ways of being smart. Belly is a football genius.

His genius appears to have developed from his dedication and hard work. It seems that he has just outworked everyone else for about 3 decades.

If you have a chance watch the 30 for 30 "The two Bills" about Belichick and Parcells.

At one point they went back to an office at the Giants headquarters that Belichick had shared with 3 other coaches when he was ascending from an unknown ST coach to D-Coordinator. I got the impression that he probably didn't go home very often during that time frame.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When someone questions a poster's intelligence, that's not personal to you? But like I said, it's not an issue as I've seen others just call each other stupid here.

All comes down to the tried and true Rule of 10 in the sales game, Joe. You go to a cocktail party with 100 strangers there and your assignment is to meet and greet every one of them and attempt to engage them in meaningful dialogue for at least a minute before the end of the night. The Rule states 30 will like you, 30 will not and 40 will not have made their mind up yet. The target is those 40 undecided's, in sales just like politicians. Never waste time trying to make people like you that do not.

I am a pretty sarcastic poster and rely on the reader to discern that but that doesn't always happen. On the old DC.com, they considered putting sarcasm in purple so the reader would know. And I am not ripping on any readers, they're doing different things while they're here and can easily take something at face value.
Post like this are what happens in the offseason when there is a lack of action going on with your team of interest. Thank you for raising the average IQ of the thread.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ya,it's a head scratcher, I just read in another A.B./ Raiders thread that Pittsburgh is eating a 21 million cap hit with his departure this year.
That's probably more money than the Cowboys ever ate to get rid of a total headache,, but I could be wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wonder how much First Take and Undisputed would play the “Dumpster Fire FO” angle if that was Dallas instead of Pittsburgh?
Feel free to educate me, don't know what first take or undisputed mean,, enlighten me,, I feel like Coakley after posting that.