And we think our FO is stupid

John813

Reaction score
So the Raiders are paying Brown less than $17 million a year based on that $50.125 million deal. That's a steal for the best receiver in football.

What do people think Cooper is going to cost?

Watch the fanbase turn on Cooper in the next year when his agent asks for him to get paid big time. Hoping it happens to watch posters pull a 180 on Coop

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He made this trade for a 3rd + 5th + #1 WR and got a 1st + #1 WR. IMO not too shabby.

And AB is an upgrade compared to the pooper.

Btw: what do you think Cooper is going to cost us ?
Right. Let’s see. How would we like Brown and a 1st round pick?

And we’re assuming Cooper won’t fizzle out like he did in Oakland. I’d say the verdict is still out.

How are we going to pay Cooper, Dak, Elliott , our OL and keep any type of defense?

If Gruden uses those picks wisely he can turn the tide in Oakland.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the fanbase turn on Cooper in the next year when his agent asks for him to get paid big time. Hoping it happens to watch posters pull a 180 on Coop

I'd like to know what some fans seem to think Cooper is actually going to cost. They apparently have no clue.

John813

Reaction score
I'd like to know what some fans seem to think Cooper is actually going to cost. They apparently have no clue.

Hope they were fans of the Dez deal cause it's going to be more than that lol.

Sammy Watkins got paid . Cooper is going to get paaaiiddd

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hope they were fans of the Dez deal cause it's going to be more than that lol.

Sammy Watkins got paid . Cooper is going to get paaaiiddd
Im beginning to wonder who’s NOT going to get paid?

If we are paying Dak, Cooper, Elliott and OL how will we be able to pay our defense ?

Someone’s not going to get paid.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chucky is literally destroying the Raiders. At this rate, they won't have a team worth watching at their new hometown of Las Vegas in another 2-3 years. What a huge mistake it was hiring Jon Gruden.

It may not be Gruden doing all of this. I am sure he has input, but Davis, what is his first name, Mike? may be calling the shots as well.

Wasn't he the one who approved the Cooper and Mack trades over Gruden? Or a big part of it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Dallas fanbase, especially on here, turn on everything and and everyone no matter what.
If it doesn't fit their objectives and agendas and the way they live their own life, they will find a way to complain. :laugh:

dckid

Reaction score

Sounds like the Raiders housed the Steelers. 3 & 5 for best receiver in the league. I honestly wish we could do this. The Raiders need to hit on their draft picks and keep this momentum going. Get a RB, protect Carr and you got something.
The only downside is if Carr cannot get the ball to AB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sorry, I do not feel better about our FO after this thread. Those that do are happy about the cap space now and next season but is this not still that same brain trust that put the team in cap hell.

There sure is a lot of speculation going on without a down being played yet. Does it look questionable what Gruden is doing? Yep but it always looks questionable what the Joneses are doing.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The difference in the raise in pay AB just signed up for doesn't even cover the taxes he will be paying in California, so there is no real raise going to him.

HAHAHA this is EXACTLY what I was thinking...he should have moved to a TX team or a team without income taxes....California....bleh and bleh again.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Really? The Cowboys front office could serve as a warning to other NFL franchise owners who might think that they too could be the GM and hire their kids to help.
Wasn't that what the late Al Davis did?

RamziD

Reaction score
Sounds like the Raiders housed the Steelers. 3 & 5 for best receiver in the league. I honestly wish we could do this. The Raiders need to hit on their draft picks and keep this momentum going. Get a RB, protect Carr and you got something.
The only downside is if Carr cannot get the ball to AB.

They have one of the 5 worst defenses in the league. I don’t think they’re going anywhere.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am sorry, I do not feel better about our FO after this thread. Those that do are happy about the cap space now and next season but is this not still that same brain trust that put the team in cap hell.

There sure is a lot of speculation going on without a down being played yet. Does it look questionable what Gruden is doing? Yep but it always looks questionable what the Joneses are doing.
Not sure you're the one that should be talking about "brain trust" here.

Creeper

Reaction score
Why not wait and see the results on the field before we dump on the Raiders. To me, on paper, it looks like the Raiders traded Cooper for a 1st round draft pick then traded for AB, who is better than Cooper, for a 3rd and 5th. On paper it looks like the Raiders come out ahead. We are assuming AB will be a locker room problem, but that is not a certainty. I think some Cowboys fans just may not recognize what a team with a strong HC looks like. Gruden is showing he has total control of his team.